PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Happy? Niners fire Rat-gini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think everyone is remembering clearly. He gave his mentor BB a big FU as soon as he got a sniff of an HC opportunity. BB counseled him to not take Jets in the division. The Rat started poaching assistants and coaches right away. He was trying to steal the playbook. He basically did everything that said he didn't appreciate the mentor ship and extraordinary support he had been given. This was all before he reported NEP to the league office for doing exactly what he had been doing two weeks earlier.

Look at how Josh has handled himself. Or Bill O'Brien. High principled men. Not a disloyal juvenile Rat.

I will never forget or get perspective on him.

Agreed.

I was at the Pats-Jets game in the Meadowlands in 2006 (AKA, Chad Jackson's finest hour). It was clear from the postgame "handshake" that these two truly had problems with each other. And that was a year BEFORE Cameragate.

IIRC, BB had Mangini's desk locked several months earlier so that he could not access his stuff on the way out.

Belichick pilfered the Jets just saying.
Roman Phifer, Bryan Cox says hi.

That's different from coaches and staff. As long as those players were free agents, they were not under contract. Mangini had under contract coaches and staff quit the Patriots to go with him to the Jets.

You don't take a job in the same division. That is understudy 101. A lot of people will not trust you to do the right thing. There is no rule that prevents him from taking a job in the same division. Koetter imo is in
a similar position, the way he got the job just reeks of backstabbing. It may not be the case, but if he does not succeed, he too will not be trusted.
Yes, BB would never do that.

You don't take a job in the same division. That is understudy 101. A lot of people will not trust you to do the right thing. There is no rule that prevents him from taking a job in the same division. Koetter imo is in a similar position, the way he got the job just reeks of backstabbing. It may not be the case, but if he does not succeed, he too will not be trusted.
Somehow, I think Bill would understand taking a job in the same division. After all, he did it twice. As for trust, Kraft hired Bill after he and Parcells quit during a Superbowl run. Kraft got over it. If Mangini took a playbook and recruited from within, that crosses the line. I don't even hold him accountable for spy gate. I always thought that was gamesmanship that got out of hand.

Sometimes people make career decisions that turn out to be the best thing that ever happened, like Belichick to NE. Then there's Mangini. Had he stayed here and then left on better terms a short time later who knows where he'd be right now. It would have to be better.

I don't blame him for leaving. He had a chance to get a HC job in the NFL. But something happened in the move that soured the Pats. We'll probably never know what it was.

Chip asked for advice on how to make the 49ers successful and BB told him the first thing he needs to do is get rid of that rat bastard Mangini

For the first time I can conceive getting over my psi furor hissey fit because I just realized that I care nothing about Fredo either way any more. If I can get over that, there's hope, assuming of course that the oh-so-admired 31 don't somehow stick it to us yet again. My concern is, what will prevent them? Bob Kraft's ire & influence? :)

giphy.gif

:)
Fixed it, Nab, I hope your baby has his game face, or game diaper, on.

Fixed it, Nab, I hope your baby has his game face, or game diaper, on.

I should do that game where I put a Bronco and Patriots logo and see which one he crawls to. LOL.

He apologized. I'm over it.

Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it

THe funny thing was that early in the season the D performed pretty giving the devastating loss of personnel by the 9'ers. Could have been his last chance in the NFL.

It never brightens my day dwelling on the misfortune of others with a couple of exceptions (Park Ave mostly) . That said, I believe Eric's fortunes are of his own doing and he will get whatever hr deserves in the long run. I'm over that mess big time and my firm belief is that he was a willing stooge for the NFL scum and the Jets. Let them all lie in the cesspool they created for themselves.

His mistakes cost him a very promising coaching career.
Yeah, time has given me a much kinder perspective on Mangini. I think he just wanted to get into his mentor's head a bit and understandably had no idea what he started. D-Gate sealed that for me.
Pretty much that

I used to hate him until Defamegate made me realize this whole Patriots persecution thing is about the NFL and other owners, not Mangini. I genuinely believe Mangini feels horrible about how everything turned out and is is as shocked as Patriots fans about how overblown "Spygate" was.
Tannebaum was a bigger ahole than mangini on this

That's different from coaches and staff. As long as those players were free agents, they were not under contract. Mangini had under contract coaches and staff quit the Patriots to go with him to the Jets.
There was a rumor that Mangini was trying to poach coaches on the flight back from denver after the playoff loss.

Mangina read the Prince one too many times and believed himself to be some sort of genius mastermind.

Then reality hit him.

Sad, sad news for Patriots Nation: 49'ers fire Mangini

[Mods, I see someone beat me to it, so please merge. But it does bear repeating! o_O ]

What with all the excitement over tomorrow's Conference Championship game and the big news today that the New York Times has now declared Deflategate a fraud, perpetrated by the NFL and jealous owners, I hate to have to rain on everyone's parade and bring the tragic news that our beloved Eric Mangini was fired today by the San Francisco 49'ers.

:D:):D:):D:):D:):D:)

Sources: 49ers can Mangini, add Modkins as OC

Karma's a *****, you lousy Rat!

Only one poster used the preferred "Mangina", a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back