PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How does SD defend Seymour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Then enjoy Ty Warren taking Rivers' head off while you guys are focused on #93.

Back at ya. Enjoy watching Merriman making Brady cry like a little school girl after one of his 3 sacks.

he said Patriots will let Chargers do talking to media..because Patriots will do the talk on the field on Sunday.

I love when players start "talking" about how they aren't talking. You know, how they'll let their play do the talking. If you're going to let your play do the talking, then why are you talking?

I love when players start "talking" about how they aren't talking. You know, how they'll let their play do the talking. If you're going to let your play do the talking, then why are you talking?

I have no idea if you are a Patriots or a Charger fan but that is a great line and it can be applied to any team in any sport.

Last edited:

LOL. If you are talking about how you will do your talking on the field then you are "talking" just like everyone else. :p That's just another form of smacktalk.

Last edited:

Because if you're just talking the talk then you're just talking the walkie talkie, and doing the wacky macky. It's all about the talk bock sheebonk!

so when a guy is aksed about comments from the other team he should just not answer? if he does hat now he's being difficult.

it's not like seymour searched out a reporter to send his message. a reporter asked him, and he simply answered that the Pats let their play do their talking.

Seymore will 'see more' of Brandon Manumaleuna than any other player on the Patriots' Defense. He's a 300lb blocking TE who can catch... not to mention his obvious contributions in the running game. So about the time Richard gets sick of being double teamed by McNeill and Manu... Rivers will sneak a little play action pass to Brandon and he'll rumble into the end zone.

He's a weapon. Enjoy. :rocker:

Seymour doesn't really get sick of being double teamed. Teams have been doing it to him for years now. He does his job and smiles while his teammates make the plays his double teams open up for them. It's the reason why the Pats paid him a ton of money even though he records relatively low #s every year... he doesn't mind taking the bullet if it helps the team. Winning is what matters to him, even if that means his linebackers get to make every play.

Seymore will 'see more' of Brandon Manumaleuna than any other player on the Patriots' Defense. He's a 300lb blocking TE who can catch... not to mention his obvious contributions in the running game. So about the time Richard gets sick of being double teamed by McNeill and Manu... Rivers will sneak a little play action pass to Brandon and he'll rumble into the end zone.

He's a weapon. Enjoy. :rocker:

put 2 on Seymour on that side--go ahead--its okay--Colvin won't mind...

21328620.jpg

its fine if they double seymour..cuz TBC will get an opportunity as will the other side..yeah..the side with Warren and Colvin

As long as Seymour keeps hiding TBC we can be fine. cant wait till 3rd and obvious passign downs when TBC goes to DE in what? nickel i believe.

see him get to bull rush like he did Ferguson, McKinnie just to name a few

cant wait to see Graham blocking Merriman or Shaun Philips

Last edited:
Wasn't the question of the thread "How does SD defend Seymour?"

Quick look... yes... yes it was.

So all the talk about Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren, and Roosevelt Colvin is fine... I guess. But the truth is the majority of successful running plays by the Chargers are to the left side. Where our rookie left tackle is. And if I'm correct, that's where Seymour and Colvin will be (the Pats' right side) along with Vrabel. So if the run goes to that side you're gonna see him get doubleteamed by the combo I mentioned. Colvin will get the crack block from Vincent Jackson... a 6-5 240lb WR. LoNeal will be hitting the edge or upside in the hole to clean up Vrabel or Bruschi.

So if the edge is not containted, LT bounces it outside leaving him one on one with the CB (Samuel or Hobbs). If the play called is to run between the tackles, well then Warren or Wilfork will have a chance at making the play on backside pursuit.

Of course, if they've determined that the right side is the best option for this week... then you'll see the same thing to Warren's side. Just gonna have to rely on McNeill to keep Seymour occupied enough so he can't make the play from the backside.

No doubt in my mind, the goal for the Chargers is going to be getting to the edge. Testing the Pats to see how well they're going to turn the play inside. Watch any tape of LT's runs and it's clear that most CBs get the stiff arm and give up big runs. Rivers needs these plays to work in order to set up the play action pass. So I think they'll commit to it.

Should be fun to watch.

Last edited:
This is the place where the Patriots can win the game. No way can that kid handle Seymour one-on-one now that Seymour is functional physically. And a tall center will have all kinds of problems with Wilfork.

And, all due respect to big Richard, but that doesn't even cover the best D-lineman on the Pats this year, Ty Warren (a huge Pro Bowl snub if there ever was one). So, who gets doubled, and how can the guards get out to the second level to take on the LBs?

The Chargers have a lot of talent, and LT is just an amazing football player, but they need to at least fight the big 3 of the Pats to a draw or they'll have problems. As long as TBC and Colvin can set good edges (the thing that Willie McG was *great* at), the Patriots may do a better job than most at containing Tomlinson. Then they can focus on Gates and see if the WRs can beat them.

Gates will be tough to handle, though ... the main drawback of the Pats D right now is speed in the middle of the field.

This is really a great matchup. These games are why I watch football.

ill agree with you on your game assessment that the ne dline is a critical part of your success on sunday as well as it going to be a great game. the winner is super bowl champs in my opinion. if you are able to make lt's first move in the backfield it will be more difficult for the sd offense that is for sure but this offense unlike indys is no one trick pony.

ty warren is good but if you want to talk about pro bowl snubs the same could be said about luis castillo 7 sacks 9 games 38 tackles 1 int.

marcus mcniel has been huge all year playing with 2 broke hands and will have a big test this sunday with that said i think he will neutralize seymore in this game. i like our nt/center matchup and think that it will go both ways inside all game. wilfork will win some battles and hardwick will some battles. i dont forsee much double teaming of wilfork other than a chip on the start. the most likely spot for success is ty warren vs shane olivea but ty is not a speed rusher and that is what shane struggles with speed not so much strength and power but i still think warren could have a good game sunday vs olivea. that battle there is key as sd offense runs to the right to keep the run game balanced but lts big runs come on the left side mostly running behind mcnasty mcniel, dirty dielman, and galloping goff pulling lo neal smashing the 1st think the lineman miss with vincent jackson taking the corner out on a seal or running him inside.

this will be a good game sd 34-20

Wasn't the question of the thread "How does SD defend Seymour?"

Quick look... yes... yes it was.

So all the talk about Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren, and Roosevelt Colvin is fine... I guess. But the truth is the majority of successful running plays by the Chargers are to the left side. Where our rookie left tackle is. And if I'm correct, that's where Seymour and Colvin will be (the Pats' right side) along with Vrabel. So if the run goes to that side you're gonna see him get doubleteamed by the combo I mentioned. Colvin will get the crack block from Vincent Jackson... a 6-5 240lb WR. LoNeal will be hitting the edge or upside in the hole to clean up Vrabel or Bruschi.

So if the edge is not containted, LT bounces it outside leaving him one on one with the CB (Samuel or Hobbs). If the play called is to run between the tackles, well then Warren or Wilfork will have a chance at making the play on backside pursuit.

Of course, if they've determined that the right side is the best option for this week... then you'll see the same thing to Warren's side. Just gonna have to rely on McNeill to keep Seymour occupied enough so he can't make the play from the backside.

No doubt in my mind, the goal for the Chargers is going to be getting to the edge. Testing the Pats to see how well they're going to turn the play inside. Watch any tape of LT's runs and it's clear that most CBs get the stiff arm and give up big runs. Rivers needs these plays to work in order to set up the play action pass. So I think they'll commit to it.

Should be fun to watch.

I doubt the Chargers game plan is to run at Seymour. He's not a pass-rushing 4-3 DE where you neutralize him by running at him. He's a home-wrecking, change-the-LOS 3-4 DE. If they run his way and he occupies 2 guys while holding his ground, those plays are going nowhere.

The Chargers are going to be shocked at the lack of running success they're going to have. Get in line with all the other playoff opponents NE has done this to, and this is proabably the best run D the Pats have ever fielded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore