PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can you not count your blessings when you see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the sort of bull***** I REALLY get tired of on the ESPN board. Do you REALLY believe that winning the SB is the only positive thing that comes out of a season? Then why the heck watch until SB Sunday? I'll tell you why: because being a football fan involves watching every week. We watch the wins, we watch the losses, and we look forward to the next game. Guess what happens when your team is the Jets? Your season was done weeks ago. The Pats fan? We're still watching and enjoying our team's season.

I don't think you're a troll, but just don't give us this crap about a SB win being the only difference that separates the Pats from the Jets or anything of the kind, because I for one enjoyed the hell out of the Pats' past two Super Bowl runs even though they lost. Two teams make it to the Super Bowl and the fans of those teams have been taken for the greatest ride in sports. Anything else is defeatist crap for cry-babies.

I forget the exact TB quote but it was something to the effect of "I'd rather come here(SB) every year and lose than not have a chance to compete at all", sums up how I feel.

Also keep in mind that this will be the 7th time in 12 years (not counting the 4 minutes of the 2008 season, and why would you?) that Brady has taken this team to at least the AFCCG.

That is almost 60% of the time....

11 seasons (64% of the time), since I don't think 2000 should count either. ;)

I was laughing so hard when I saw that, he didn't give a ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
itScubBQB89H0.gif

This is even worse

Scary thought - what if he was merely pumped or jacked? :eek: :p

"Why's everyone so excited? Oh, we scored. We are supposed to. Where were we?"

Lol I can only imagine if they win the super bowl.
Reporter:Bill, how does it feel to win your 6th super bowl and 4th as a head coach?
BB:Not really even thinking about that right now, we have a lot to work on this offseason.
*walks off, gets the whole team on the plane back to foxborough with the game tape on the ride home.*

Last edited:
I agree Supafly...looking back on the Giants losses, as heart-breaking as they were, we were in a position to at least win the game, and Brady didn't throw a game-clinching pick 6 a la Peyton. His brother just threw once in a lifetime passes that resulted in circus catches.

But winning the SB this year could shut a lot of opposing fans up. I know people of opposing teams that watch the Pats, like people watched the late 90s/early 2000s yankees, hoping we lose because their team couldn't beat us or they just hate us. I absolutely love that, but I'd love even more to win it all and completely break their hearts, and for Belichick and Brady to finally get ring 4 that they deserve.

If we lose to the Ravens/49ers/Falcons, life goes on and there's another season, but I guess my point was that I'm not focused on the Jets. Making fun of the Jets is like a jock making fun of a nerd. In other words, completely pointless.

It's fun making fun of Peyton when he chokes because he's an all time great that just chokes in the biggest moment, and because of all the media hype he gets. I guess I just saw the Rex Ryan picture and it does nothing for me. The Jets won't be contending anytime soon.

The bold part makes gives you away. There is ALWAYS time for making fun of the Jets. Every Pats fans knows this, heck every football fan knows...well at least everyone that isn't a Jets fan...like you.

The bold part makes gives you away. There is ALWAYS time for making fun of the Jets. Every Pats fans knows this, heck every football fan knows...well at least everyone that isn't a Jets fan...like you.

Also misspelling Vereen in a *username* - hel-lo! :nono: :p

I'm not worried about the Jets. I'm worried about the fact that we haven't won a SB in 8 years and there are only so many years left in Brady's career to win number 4. We make fun of Peyton, myself included, for choking in the playoffs, but if the object is to win a SB, we haven't done it in 8 years.

We don't stop being eligible for the Super Bowl when Brady retires. Why do you think we've been putting so much emphasis on defense in the draft the last few years? Belichick knows this team is going to need to be different to keep contending for Super Bowls even AFTER Brady leaves. I know a lot of people around here think the team will go into a 10 year tail spin when Brady hangs them up, but Belichick is already planning for his departure. When Brady's done we're going to need to be the 49ers to keep contending, unless we hit the jackpot on a QB in the next few years.

Also misspelling Vereen in a *username* - hel-lo! :nono: :p

I made a post where I absolutely embarrassed myself (more than usual) by writing "Woodhouse" several times... and hell, I absolutely love #39.

It was only weeks later that I realized why I did what I did.

I blame it on watching too many re-runs of Archer... ;)

WoodhouseTarget.jpg

Last edited:
I'm honestly not a troll. The Vereen misspelling was a mistake, and a common one at that.

I'm just a spoiled fan I guess. I've watched the Pats all my life, and will continue to watch them when Brady retires, but I realize that like the Billy Joel song: "This is the time to remember, cause it will not last forever. These are the days to hold onto, cause we won't although we'll want to." We're watching one of the top 3 quarterbacks of all-time (to me no one other than Montana or Elway is even in the discussion if we're talking GOAT) and it'd be a shame if he didn't get another ring before he retired.

Once again, I realize how spoiled I sound, and I guess the past 10 years as a Boston sports fan have turned me into eternal pessimist hoping his teams get it done, to a fan that expects his teams to get it done, but after the 06 AFC title game and the two Giants losses, I can't help but think these opportunities are going to stop coming eventually.

Am I saying we can't/won't be competitive when Brady finally hangs them up? No. But the AFC east, the rest of the AFC, and the league in general will be breathing a sigh of relief when he does. In his early days, the defense won a lot of games for us and he made the throws at the right times and didn't make the big mistakes, but the past 5 or 6 years, it's been all on him. Put Matt Schuab on last year's team and we don't even go anywhere near that SB.

I'm honestly not a troll. The Vereen misspelling was a mistake, and a common one at that.

I'm just a spoiled fan I guess. I've watched the Pats all my life, and will continue to watch them when Brady retires, but I realize that like the Billy Joel song: "This is the time to remember, cause it will not last forever. These are the days to hold onto, cause we won't although we'll want to." We're watching one of the top 3 quarterbacks of all-time (to me no one other than Montana or Elway is even in the discussion if we're talking GOAT) and it'd be a shame if he didn't get another ring before he retired.

Once again, I realize how spoiled I sound, and I guess the past 10 years as a Boston sports fan have turned me into eternal pessimist hoping his teams get it done, to a fan that expects his teams to get it done, but after the 06 AFC title game and the two Giants losses, I can't help but think these opportunities are going to stop coming eventually.

Am I saying we can't/won't be competitive when Brady finally hangs them up? No. But the AFC east, the rest of the AFC, and the league in general will be breathing a sigh of relief when he does. In his early days, the defense won a lot of games for us and he made the throws at the right times and didn't make the big mistakes, but the past 5 or 6 years, it's been all on him. Put Matt Schuab on last year's team and we don't even go anywhere near that SB.
If you seriously think that, that confirms many people's suspicions that you're a troll.

Brady was a gun in the early part of his career. That's not to say he hasn't progressed with his career because he has.

Last edited:
I'm just a little antsy. I realize even if the Belichick/Brady era never wins a SB again, we have been spoiled with the 3 SB wins

Sounds like you have been spoiled. Some of us have watched this team long enough to realize just how hard it is to win even with great teams (Hannah) and are appreciative that we have a team that is competitive every single year, has finally cashed in multiple times and has a damn good chance to do it again.

Plus, the Jets suck and they are extremely funny. why should that bother you?

If you seriously think that, that confirms many people's suspicions that you're a troll.

Brady was a gun in the early part of his career. That's not to say he hasn't progressed with his career because he has.

What part of Boston is Billy Joel from?

Sounds like this poster is in a New york State of mind.:amusic:

Last edited:
We had a poster here years back in the early 2000's that swore he was a die hard Pats fan...so anyway, he's raggin' and raggin' on the Pats wide receivers every other post and finally someone corners him and gets him to name the type of receivers the Pats should draft and the first name he comes up with?.....Al Toon....heh....yeah, he disappeared right after that...my point is there are more than just a couple of 3 dollar bills posting as "Pats" fans here...I think by now, most of us realize this.

I'm not saying he was a system qb or game manager of any of that bs. But the defense was the anchor of those teams. I remember we won a game 9-3 one time against the Browns. Not a knock on Brady at all. It was also a different time in general, when defenses were allowed to do more before goober and polian complained to the league and got the rules changed.

I also said that without him, we don't sniff the SB last year. I guess people missed that part.

As for the Jets, I guess like the Bills and Dolphins, I feel bad for them. No matter how hard they try, they can't beat us or be competitive. But the only teams I "hate with a passion" are the Giants and Broncos...Giants for obvious reasons...Broncos because goober is on them now and the tongue bath he gets from the media. The only time I've ever had any ill feelings toward the Jets was when they were talking all that trash and beat us two years ago, but then I laughed when they lost the next round lol.

Last edited:
er...didn't fix it for ya, Waxy....WTF???

Last edited:
We had a poster here years back in the early 2000's that swore he was a die hard Pats fan...so anyway, he's raggin' and raggin' on the Pats wide receivers every other post and finally someone corners him and gets him to name the type of receivers the Pats should draft and the first name he comes up with?.....Al Toon....heh....yeah, he disappeared right after that...my point is there are more than just a couple of 3 dollar bills posting as "Pats" fans here...I think by now, most of us realize this.

I like more of a challenge though, this guy's not even trying. The Shane Vereen era is about five days old. No way a long time fan is going to decide to sign up as something-Vereen before last Sunday.

If we're to believe he's a real fan, he's hanging on to the leg of someone dragging behind the bandwagon, at this point.

I made a post where I absolutely embarrassed myself (more than usual) by writing "Woodhouse" several times... and hell, I absolutely love #39.

WoodWHAT? :p

043012_1932_1.png

I want to win the SB just to shut up the spygate clowns. Eli was absurdly lucky in both his SB wins over us. Our coaches helped out plenty in SB42 especially on O. Last year we were one catch from winning(welker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft