PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can you not count your blessings when you see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked what Tedy had to say about that BB moment:

"I thought the cameras picked up a great shot of Belichick and how his mind works quickly to focus on what's next. The minute that TD is scored, it's not about celebrating that TD, it's about what that TD meant to the game situation, how much time was left on the clock, and what type of situation it will be for the defensive unit. It's that exact process that he tries to teach his players -- not to focus on what has happened in the past or even what just happened at that moment. The only control you have is thinking about how it changes things that are coming up."

Bruschi on Tap -- Rob Gronkowski injury brings new questions and plenty of concerns - ESPN Boston

I understand your concerns. I am sure that there are others too, however the way that you worded it initially may have gotten people in an uproar.

Sometimes it's hard to communicate on the internet as people take your words differently than what you may have meant, or sometimes it can be a case of just saying something stupid--which we all do from time to time.

If you are going to stay around and talk football, then welcome to the forum.

No one means any harm on any level, there are just so many trolls that it's hard to differentiate who is who these days. I don't personally get that impression from you and the way that you responded to my post on the first page, but I can understand the concerns from my fellow posters.

Getting that 4th ring this year would indeed go a long way towards shutting some of the average fans from around the league up, but at the end of the day many are simply jealous anyway. Eventually we will get another ring, this team is too good not to.

Is it you Belichick? :D

So who am I Mr. Paranoid, a Lions fan in disguise? :confused:

My point was that people seem to get off on making fun of the Jets on here. We've won as many SBs as them since 2005: none. If it makes me a troll to tell the truth, then I guess I'm a troll.

Just because we won 3 sbs in the early 2000s doesn't mean Belichick, Brady, and the rest of the team get a free pass.

I'd rather have no one else as my qb and no one else as my coach (except maybe Coughlin, since he has 2 rings the last 4 years at our coaches expense) but I mean what's the point in making fun of Rex Ryan? We're the laughing stock out of the league until we win another SB and shut the spygate idiots up.

Yes many of us do if you don't like it don't read the hater threads.

Coughlin really? He's watching the playoffs from his couch.

Screw what uninformed meatheads think about s!@#Gate and it's relationship to anything concerning this teams accomplishments or lack of.

Get off your high horse...

itScubBQB89H0.gif

This is even worse

The 2012 Seahawks Season, as Explained by Pete Carroll GIFs - Seattle - News - The Daily Weekly

I dunno why but I can't stop laughing at this

I have to admit that I'm kind of glad to see Carrol ousted from the playoffs. I will say that he has formed a better team than I thought that he could though.

His rah-rah antics and surfer boy attitude grow tiresome to me. We'll always know him as pats fans as "tickle me Pete" anyway, but his laid back approach somehow worked due to hitting a home run on some key personnel moves (the secondary and the choice of Wilson at QB).

I'm not worried about the Jets. I'm worried about the fact that we haven't won a SB in 8 years and there are only so many years left in Brady's career to win number 4. We make fun of Peyton, myself included, for choking in the playoffs, but if the object is to win a SB, we haven't done it in 8 years.

Nice try. Say FU to Wrecks for me.

Ok, I switched my name. And it's just amazing how sensitive some of the Pats fans are on here. I realize my choice of words may have come off the wrong way, but why the sensitivity? We don't play for the team, coach on the team, etc., we're just spectators.

I watch the games, I root like hell for the team, but I could give two craps when I hear some mediot talking about Spygate. I just want the team to win because when you have arguably the best qb of all time, you should be winning championships and not hanging on moral victories "oh it was a good season." I realize no team wins the super bowl every year, but the past 8 years, we should have won at least one and maybe this is the year we break out of the spell and do it. If not, I'll watch them next year, and the year after that, et al..

"Why's everyone so excited? Oh, we scored. We are supposed to. Where were we?"

Did you hear the crew on NFL network doing a voice over on the Belichick vid?

<mumbling> "Okay, we need to do better next time. Everyone do your job."

I thought it was pretty classic and a funny nod to the Patriots/Belichick work ethic.

If we lose, we're no different than the Jets...neither of us won the SB.

There are no "Second place" trophies. Or "My team got a little further than yours did." Maybe you're happy watching your SB39 DVD, but I'm not.

This is the sort of bull***** I REALLY get tired of on the ESPN board. Do you REALLY believe that winning the SB is the only positive thing that comes out of a season? Then why the heck watch until SB Sunday? I'll tell you why: because being a football fan involves watching every week. We watch the wins, we watch the losses, and we look forward to the next game. Guess what happens when your team is the Jets? Your season was done weeks ago. The Pats fan? We're still watching and enjoying our team's season.

I don't think you're a troll, but just don't give us this crap about a SB win being the only difference that separates the Pats from the Jets or anything of the kind, because I for one enjoyed the hell out of the Pats' past two Super Bowl runs even though they lost. Two teams make it to the Super Bowl and the fans of those teams have been taken for the greatest ride in sports. Anything else is defeatist crap for cry-babies.

Coughlin has two rings at our expense. The point is to win it all. Not have moral victories. Those are for Colts fans.

As for the Vareen mis-spelling, my bad. Common mistake even on here.

Look, I'm happy we have Belichick/Brady. I think Coughlin/Eli were just lucky and it took two miracle catches to beat us. But I'm hungry for another ring. Does it mean I won't watch the Pats if we don't win it all this year? No, but I am sick of talking to my family and friends about the "Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, Law, Dillon" days and think this team is too good not to have one at least one SB the past 8 years.

Dude, like you totally get it. Your the awesomest Pats fan ever. Rock on, man:rocker:

CYA:banned2:

I agree. My 10 year old son just saw it with me, and he said, "that's funny. Isn't that the game where they screwed Greenbay?" (Well, I may not have excelled as a mother in many areas, but I have sure indoctrinated my kids with my obsession!).

It's like the butt fumble video. For at least a week afterwards, I could not help laughing uncontrollably when I saw it. Even now all I can see/hear is that video with the Benny Hill theme playing in the background.

Ok, I switched my name. And it's just amazing how sensitive some of the Pats fans are on here. I realize my choice of words may have come off the wrong way, but why the sensitivity? We don't play for the team, coach on the team, etc., we're just spectators.

I watch the games, I root like hell for the team, but I could give two craps when I hear some mediot talking about Spygate. I just want the team to win because when you have arguably the best qb of all time, you should be winning championships and not hanging on moral victories "oh it was a good season." I realize no team wins the super bowl every year, but the past 8 years, we should have won at least one and maybe this is the year we break out of the spell and do it. If not, I'll watch them next year, and the year after that, et al..

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt while remaining suspicious. Its not sensitivity, its how you posted - exactly how a troll does - giving criticism with an apparent compliment that is worded as a veiled insult. Classic trolling technique, then registering with BradytoVareen the day after Brady and Vereen hook for a huge game. Mispelling his name etc....again classic troll techniques that send buzzers and alarms going off on the trolldar. :cool:

This is the sort of bull***** I REALLY get tired of on the ESPN board. Do you REALLY believe that winning the SB is the only positive thing that comes out of a season? Then why the heck watch until SB Sunday? I'll tell you why: because being a football fan involves watching every week. We watch the wins, we watch the losses, and we look forward to the next game. Guess what happens when your team is the Jets? Your season was done weeks ago. The Pats fan? We're still watching and enjoying our team's season.

I don't think you're a troll, but just don't give us this crap about a SB win being the only difference that separates the Pats from the Jets or anything of the kind, because I for one enjoyed the hell out of the Pats' past two Super Bowl runs even though they lost. Two teams make it to the Super Bowl and the fans of those teams have been taken for the greatest ride in sports. Anything else is defeatist crap for cry-babies.

Wrecks is the grooviest;)

That's why we love Bill Belichick!!!! "Never stop, never settle."

I'm not worried about the Jets. I'm worried about the fact that we haven't won a SB in 8 years and there are only so many years left in Brady's career to win number 4. We make fun of Peyton, myself included, for choking in the playoffs, but if the object is to win a SB, we haven't done it in 8 years.

I understand the sense of urgency, but really it is baffling when us Pats fans start to get antsy for not winning a SUPER BOWL in 8 years. 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, 2 appearances over the next 8. That's unheard of. Appreciate it while you can.

I was born in Mass. As for your second paragraph, you should probably start reading more of my posts. I say more "bad things" about this team than most people here.

:bricks:

Maybe because you're just a bad person?

You simply cannot be a Patriot fan if that is the way you think Patriot fans think.
Please find me all of the posts on this board that proudly talk about moral victories.
Lack of crying like a baby does not equal contentment.

I'm just a little antsy. I realize even if the Belichick/Brady era never wins a SB again, we have been spoiled with the 3 SB wins and being competitive every year and coming within two miracle catches of 5 SBs and a once-in-a-lifetime Peyton non-choke of getting to another SB and likely beating the Bears, but I'd do just about anything for another SB win. The feeling of your team winning the SB is even better than sex with an attractive woman. It never gets old.

And no, a season isn't necessarily a disappointment if your team doesn't win the SB, but when you feel like you have the best team in the league, and definitely the best QB/coach combo in the league, I guess I feel like there should have been a 4th ring by now and hopefully it's this year.

I'm just a little antsy. I realize even if the Belichick/Brady era never wins a SB again, we have been spoiled with the 3 SB wins and being competitive every year and coming within two miracle catches of 5 SBs and a once-in-a-lifetime Peyton non-choke of getting to another SB and likely beating the Bears, but I'd do just about anything for another SB win. The feeling of your team winning the SB is even better than sex with an attractive woman. It never gets old.

And no, a season isn't necessarily a disappointment if your team doesn't win the SB, but when you feel like you have the best team in the league, and definitely the best QB/coach combo in the league, I guess I feel like there should have been a 4th ring by now and hopefully it's this year.

Is this blatant trolling against gay Patriots fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back