PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can you not count your blessings when you see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to post on here (forget my name back then because it wasn't an everyday thing) and long-time lurker.

Will admit to jumping on the Vereen bandwagon after the game. If I'm not a fan though, or a fan of another team, how do I know so much about the team and why would I waste time trying to convince random strangers on the internet that I want them to win? I have more of a life than that. I think the "Vareen" misspelling rubbed people the wrong way.

As for bandwagon...I have pictures of games I've been to if people need to see that?

This is from the home opener last year against the Chargers.

299202_260036714029209_100000686481907_831908_263584705_n.jpg

304767_260031837363030_100000686481907_831903_1327161585_n.jpg

306889_260031697363044_100000686481907_831902_2099652722_n.jpg

312248_260014724031408_100000686481907_831886_543967721_n.jpg

er...didn't fix it for ya, Waxy....WTF???

Still getting used to tablet quirks...Also, Mr. Filter no likey naughties in URLs :p

Last edited:
I was too young to remember much of the bledsoe era and even I am
More appreciative of the pats then this guy. We have 3 superbowls in just over the last decade what other team can say that? We're always someone's Super Bowl pick. It's okay to want another ring but even if Brady doesn't get a 4th ill be telling stories to my kids about how I got to watch one of the best QBs ever play the game.

I have to admit that I'm kind of glad to see Carrol ousted from the playoffs. I will say that he has formed a better team than I thought that he could though.

His rah-rah antics and surfer boy attitude grow tiresome to me. We'll always know him as pats fans as "tickle me Pete" anyway, but his laid back approach somehow worked due to hitting a home run on some key personnel moves (the secondary and the choice of Wilson at QB).

Say what you will about 'tickle me pete' but he has done a good job the second time round in the NFL. He took a Seattle team that was in disarray and won a playoff game they had no business winning, before Russell, and won another playoff game with Russell, building him into an instant starter.

I mean how many rookie QBs come in and have that kind of success without the proper system and grooming? I give kudos to Carroll. He was not the right coach for our team, but he's a pretty good coach in his own right.

PS Has there ever been an NFL season where THREE rookie QBs led their teams to playoff berths? I think this must be some kind of record right?

I fully expected picture #2 to be Mike Smith calling the timeout with 13 seconds left as he was panicked and red in the face vs Bill looking and then continuing to coach them up.

I love the contrast between BB and Carroll, can't stand Carroll's hysterionics on the sidelines.

I was too young to remember much of the bledsoe era and even I am
More appreciative of the pats then this guy. We have 3 superbowls in just over the last decade what other team can say that? We're always someone's Super Bowl pick. It's okay to want another ring but even if Brady doesn't get a 4th ill be telling stories to my kids about how I got to watch one of the best QBs ever play the game.

Thanks for making me feel old

I'm not worried about the Jets. I'm worried about the fact that we haven't won a SB in 8 years and there are only so many years left in Brady's career to win number 4. We make fun of Peyton, myself included, for choking in the playoffs, but if the object is to win a SB, we haven't done it in 8 years.

WOW! EIGHT WHOLE YEARS !. We've been back twice since then and another time made it to the AFCCG. Those are pretty close.

The following teams have NEVER EVEN BEEN to a Super Bowl:
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

The following teams HAVE been to a Super Bowl but have NEVER won:
Arizona Cardinals
Philadelphia Eagles
Tennessee Titans
San Diego Chargers
Buffalo Bills
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Cincinnati Bengals
Seattle Seahawks
Carolina Panthers

That is FOURTEEN teams! Almost HALF of the NFL ! So being on an 8 year drought is a bit of a bummer when you feel your team is the best, but again, we have had 2 appearances since and an AFCCG. Not too shabby

And THIS year we are knocking on the door AGAIN !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes