PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houston Texans vs the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says jackson, johnson and Joseph are just OK. Demps is a stop-gap. Hal is ok. Said Bouye is pretty good.

He said if Brady and Gronk were out there we'd hang 40 on 'em without breaking a sweat.

That's an exaggeration but those guys can hang 40 on anybody, but I would say the pass rush would neutralize that to some extent, it would be closer to what they did last meeting, high 20's if the Texans can'thold the ball on offense.

My Texans season tix holder buddy says their secondary can be exposed.

I think that is the key question. How much of the playbook is Brissett ready for?

Going up against a very good, hard-charging front 7 and a RAC defense isn't exactly ideal.

Don't forget Brissett played in Weiss's offense in college.

Why does that match-up frighten you? I thought Ryan was a "great" #2 corner.

Fuller's speed does. I never called Ryan a great CB2 either.

Don't forget Brissett played in Weiss's offense in college.

Jesus....

While I knew that, it NEVER occurred to me how he could as a rookie already have a solid understanding of the concepts of the Perkins-Erhardt system and the current Patriots offense (which has evolved for sure).

Hes a lot more ready that I thought he was.

Jesus....

While I knew that, it NEVER occurred to me how he could as a rookie already have a solid understanding of the concepts of the Perkins-Erhardt system and the current Patriots offense (which has evolved for sure).

Hes a lot more ready that I thought he was.

For me, it's a question of how much the coaches will trust him with. When he came into the game, they went straight to vanilla offense which isn't a good sign to me. Compounding that fact is the short turnaround they have for this week.

For me, it's a question of how much the coaches will trust him with. When he came into the game, they went straight to vanilla offense which isn't a good sign to me. Compounding that fact is the short turnaround they have for this week.

Under the circumstances did you expect non-vanilla?

Brissett led the team to a TD and didn't turn the ball over.

I think that is pretty good under the circumstances.

When he came into the game, they went straight to vanilla offense which isn't a good sign to me

Think that had more to do with them being up 24-3 and deciding to run Blount to kill time.

Even still he was 6 for 9 92 yards and probably should have been 7 for 9 for 100 yards if Edelman hangs on to one that hit his hands.

To say Watt is overrated might just be dumbest football opinion I've ever heard. But with that said, the 1st week's Defensive Player of the week, Whitney Mercilus, will cause issues on that line as well, and Clowney is finally healthy and making some plays. Vince had his best 2 games so far as a Texan.

This defense is legit, the secondary can cover, and they've been strong in causing turnovers. The inside linebackers are slow and suck in coverage.

The offense so far has shown it can strike quickly but can stall for a 3 and out at anytime. Brock stares down his receivers and at times had that "gunslinger" mentality. This year's fancy new present, Will Fuller, has wicked speed but it's a toss up if he'll catch it or not. He dropped what would have been an 80+ yd TD in week one.

The running game has been so-so. Miller has been hesitant on his 1st cut at times and has admitted as much. The line hasn't been good and can be beaten pretty easily. Their new center from the draft that was going to start is out for the year and Duane Brown is still out.

The special teams will give up big plays.

Can the Pats win?...Heck yeah!!...this is the Texans after all and they tend to poop their big boy pants on the national stage.

Oh heavens, yes. Assuming your calculation is [Hype-Impact], Watt -- who has 38 sacks, 152 tackles and 4 TDs over the past 2 seasons -- isn't even close to the top. Andrew Luck and Ndamukong Suh leap to mind.

The Houston defense is designed to generate sacks for Watt so he can do his Herman Munster imitation.

Jamie Collins gets little to no press and makes a fraction of how much Watt cost.

Collins: 3 INTs, 12 passes defensed, 9 forced fumbles, 1 TD, 9 sacks and 142 tackles the last 2 seasons missing 5 games. Jamie Collins NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm not going to bash Watt. Watching him play is amazing. I view him as a top 5 Defensive player of all time. As dominant as LT

Really?

You know the Greats make those around them better. Like Brady with the hodge podge offensive line last season taking the Pats to the AFC Championship. Lawrence Taylor was the same, Mike Jordan did as well.

Really?

You know the Greats make those around them better. Like Brady with the hodge podge offensive line last season taking the Pats to the AFC Championship. Lawrence Taylor was the same, Mike Jordan did as well.

You do realize they had the #3 defense in the league last year? So, they have more than one good player on that side of the ball or JJ Watt did that all by himself.

The Houston defense is designed to generate sacks for Watt so he can do his Herman Munster imitation.

Jamie Collins gets little to no press and makes a fraction of how much Watt cost.

Collins: 3 INTs, 12 passes defensed, 9 forced fumbles, 1 TD, 9 sacks and 142 tackles the last 2 seasons missing 5 games. Jamie Collins NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The defense is not designed for him to get sacks, that is ridiculous. He has been the single most disruptive defensive force the last four years, 3 DMVP's, if you think its hype he has been the best defensive player on PFF over the past 4 years as well, but to each his own.

Texans are a good football team with a very good defense. Watt is a great player, who may wind up in Canton if he stays healthy. With JG, TB and probably Gronk out they are slight favorites and they should be. It will be a good game though.

texans fans hyping this game up. if they win, it's the biggest victory in that franchise's history. lol

just wish tom/jimmy were under center. we'd crush these lightweights easily.

It's from that hack Judy Battista. Pay no attention to her.

I thought the article was decent. And Judy wrote a lot about the Pats when she was with the NY Times... I thought then that she was as fair as possible... given that her employer's name began with the words "New York." LOL

Last edited:
I just hope the Texans are wearing those Varsity Letterman Jackets ("a really cool idea" according to Albert Breer at the time) they had on when they came here a few years ago. Jesus, what dorks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes