PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hmmm: Is there apathy toward the 1996 Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it in 1996 when we played the Steelers in "Fog Bowl II"? The game when Curtis Martin could not be stopped and on the first play Bledsoe threw a bomb to Terry Glenn.

The 1996 team was a great team and as a kid, them beating the Jags in the AFC Title Game was one of my happiest football watching moments.

Was it in 1996 when we played the Steelers in "Fog Bowl II"? The game when Curtis Martin could not be stopped and on the first play Bledsoe threw a bomb to Terry Glenn.

The 1996 team was a great team and as a kid, them beating the Jags in the AFC Title Game was one of my happiest football watching moments.

i remember perfectly the throw made by Drew to Terry Glenn - what a catch it was...

when we took the lead i was very excited and i was hoping...

the play that destroyed us was the kick off return...td...

The Pitt game was great playoff win, in fact it was the last time Parcells had playoff magic.. Bledsoe , Glenn, and Martin were all in there prime, who could also forget Tedy Bruschi made a int in that game as well.. Lots of good memories of that team.. But I take the 85 team over that over for sentimental reasons..

yes...I do remember that team...and they were special!!! I also remember the rally in City Hall plaza...that I attended on the Saturday...in the bitter cold!!! And hearing and seeing all teh Patriot players as they were introduced...and I remember the loudest appluase for Sam gash who was on IR and out..Bill Parcells last New England event...and seeing the busses roll out and onto NO!!!!

I think the aftermath of the '96 SB left such a bad taste in our collective mouths that we are loathe to remember it. Parcells leaving. Martin leaving shortly thereafter and having a HOF career. The kick-off touchdown. The Pete Carrol disaster. Etc, etc.

It was a different era. They still played at the old Foxborough Stadium. They never had the quiet confidence that we have been accustomed to today. I enjoyed that season. The Fog Bowl II was awesome as I had the pleasure of watching that game with a bunch of Steeler fans. I remember the hey-day of the Bledsoe/Glenn combo. Ted Johnson stuffing the run and blowing up QB's. Troy Brown in his prime. I wish I still had my Ben Coates jersey. :(

Don't forget '96!

Honestly, I think its because many Pats fans were not big fans then, either because they're bandwagon fans, were too young or whatever reason. I think those are the fans that also hate Bledsoe, have no connection to Martin, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes