PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And then there were [s]Four[/s] Five...

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the retirement of Slater and Ferentz, the team letting Trent Brown walk, the release of Lawrence Guy and the expected release of JC Jackson, there are only 5 players left from the 2018/2019 SB winning team.

They are David Andrews, Deartrich Wise, Ja'Whaun Bentley, and Jonathan Jones. And Joe Cardona. (thanks @50-yard-line and @tasmlab )

This speaks to the turnover in the league as well as the retirements that have occurred.

Last edited:
Slater overachieved and was an excellent leader for this team. Some have suggested he was overvalued, but I think it’s difficult to judge his worth without considering the locker. I will miss him.

Slater overachieved and was an excellent leader for this team. Some have suggested he was overvalued, but I think it’s difficult to judge his worth without considering the locker. I will miss him.

He was a leader in the locker-room and on Special teams. Belichick, who started as a special teams coach, has said that Slater is the best Special Teams player ever.. That's stating a LOT considering the players that Belichick has seen. Which include the likes of Vinatieri, Gostkowski, Dempsey, Beebe, Hester, etc.

I hope that SCHOOLER can step up and been a leader on the field.. He needs to stop taking dumb penalties.

The Pats Special teams is going to be a lot different with Slater, Phillips and Guy not there. Even more so if Cody Davis isn't back.

With the retirement of Slater and Ferentz, the team letting Trent Brown walk, the release of Lawrence Guy and the expected release of JC Jackson, there are only 4 players left from the 2018/2019 SB winning team.

They are David Andrews, Deartrich Wise, Ja'Whaun Bentley, and Jonathan Jones.

This speaks to the turnover in the league as well as the retirements that have occurred.

I believe Cardona is also on the roster. The spirit of a SB winner in our long snapper.

With the retirement of Slater and Ferentz, the team letting Trent Brown walk, the release of Lawrence Guy and the expected release of JC Jackson, there are only 4 players left from the 2018/2019 SB winning team.

They are David Andrews, Deartrich Wise, Ja'Whaun Bentley, and Jonathan Jones.

Cardona?

Probably still more rings in our locker room than any team other than KC, TB, and LAR.

Probably still more rings in our locker room than any team other than KC, TB, and LAR.

If rings in a locker-room held any bearing on leadership, then the Pats would never have had a 4-13 record.

Interesting. How many coaching and front office staff are left? Quick count leads to Covington, Pelligrino, Brian Belichick being listed all as coaching assistants, and Deron Mayo S&C. Unless I've missed someone thats it apart from the Krafts.

Pretty full turnover coaching and front office as well.

Interesting. How many coaching and front office staff are left? Quick count leads to Covington, Pelligrino, Brian Belichick being listed all as coaching assistants, and Deron Mayo S&C. Unless I've missed someone thats it apart from the Krafts.

Pretty full turnover coaching and front office as well.
Mayo himself of course as HC, and the whole front office is mostly intact for now with some additions made.

If rings in a locker-room held any bearing on leadership, then the Pats would never have had a 4-13 record.
That's an unusually thoughtless response for you.

Time passes by and life goes on

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back