PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Historic Week for Two Amazing Quarterbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1) When evaluating head coaches and starting quarterbacks over a significant number of seasons, wins in the regular season and playoffs are among the most important of statistics.

Congratulations to Ben Roethlisberger, who joined Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw as the only quarterbacks in league history to win 100 games in 150 or fewer starts.

2) But we don't need to go far back to the 80's and 70's for accomplishments. Lets focus on the last 20 years and congratulate other active NFL players who play in the AFC.

Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger have won 5 Super Bowls and 7 AFC Championships between them in the last 14 seasons, appearing in 11 of 13 AFC Championship Games and representing the AFC team in the majority of Super Bowls since 2001.

Congratulations to the amazing quarterback duo of Brady and Burger, who scored 11 TD’s and 0 INT between them against non-division opponents just days ago. Tom Brady became the first quarterback in about 6 seasons to have 0 off-target passes.

3) Next week, these quarterbacks face their respective nemesis in Joe Flacco and Peyton Manning, a duo sharing a couple of Super Bowl rings between them after 7 visits to the AFC Championship Game.

Peyton Manning is famous in the NFL for being the guy who throws not 1, not 2, but 3 touchdowns more than Tom Brady annually. Yes, three more TD's per year than Tom Brady, an important requirement for becoming the NFL MVP almost every year.

Just days ago, Peyton proved why he is the oldest starting quarterback in the NFL, playing since the 1990’s. With 3 full seasons as a starter over anyone else, he threw a very formidable three touchdowns last week, extending his record as longest-tenured-quarterback-with-a-job in the modern NFL.

4) Will we have another historic week this weekend?

This week, two AFC quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl rings host their rivals, with one ring each. And I will be watching. In fact, with a single touchdown, Peyton Manning is poised to break the all-time cumulative TD record in Tom Brady's home stadium and help secure the most important statistic of all -- the most NFL MVP awards.

It should be exciting. I will be watching, and I hope you are, too!

Last edited:
Roethlisberger is a very good quarterback; in fact, I think I rate him higher than most. I think he deserves to be in the Hall Fame, even if nowhere near the top of the Hall of Fame pantheon.

That said, please don't ever use the same adjective to group together Brady and Roethlisberger again.

To simplify the Brady-Manning stat stuff, which has been degraded by the media into a longevity stats debate (surprise, surprise, it suits Manning), let's say that both QBs throw 500 passes in a season and we take their career percentages to give results.

Manning, 29.5 TDs, 13 INTs,
Brady, 27.5 TDs, 10 INTs

Is there really anyone with a brain who would take Manning's "other-worldly" results over Brady's? And that's assuming the surround talent is equal, a laughable proposition.

Manning is great. Brady is greater.

Roethlisberger is a very good quarterback; in fact, I think I rate him higher than most. I think he deserves to be in the Hall Fame, even if nowhere near the top of the Hall of Fame pantheon.

That said, please don't ever use the same adjective to group together Brady and Roethlisberger again.

Roethlisberger deserves to be in prison more than the Hall-of-Fame

What he does on the field is irrelevant to me, he's a garbage human being.

Last week, Ben and Tom scored 11 TD and 0 INT.

This week, these two- and three-time Super Bowl champions hosted rival quarterbacks with one Super Bowl ring each. That's 7 Super Bowl rings between the two pairs of quarterbacks. The media, unable to comprehend what was at stake, was only able to focus on one of those four quarterbacks, who was responsible for only one of those 7 rings.

Proving once again the media missed the interesting storylines, Tom and Ben showed why they are the best in the NFL again when they demolishing the opposition with another 10 TD and 1 INT. Ben's 12 TD in two weeks passed Tom Brady's record of 11 TD in consecutive games from 2007, who himself scored a formidable 10 TD over the last two weeks.

Ben and Brady, the two best and most underrated quarterbacks in 2014, both at 22 TD 3 INT for the season. We're truly lucky to be able to see them in action.

In other news, sharp eyed fans also spotted a new rivalry developing between two former AFC East quarterbacks this week, both of whom are used to losing multiple games to Tom Brady every year.

Having left the AFC East, the duo of Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez are #1 in their new divisions. Like Ben and Tom, they also have twin TD-INT stats after this week. Peyton and Sanchez completed 4 TD and 4 INT (2 each). The extra days of preparation left Manning with a worse QB rating than Sanchez, a mid-game replacement who hadn't played or started a game since 2012.

More interesting analysis to come!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes