PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hint that Pats may have sincere interest in C. Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
http://patriots.scout.com/2/520206.html

"They already know what I can do from when he [Belichick] worked me out three weeks ago," said Mincey. "They tell me I can fit in good with them. While I was up there they were asking me if I would mind being teammates with Chad Jackson again. I told them that's fine with me because Chad's the kind of guy that if you give him the ball, he's going to make plays for you. I'd be real happy playing with him."

I wouldn't conclude that it's set in stone... more likely they were trying to get another opinion on Jackson's character.

Edit: Ahh -- I read your title wrong. Somehow I thought you said we were going to draft him.

Last edited:
BB/SP are famous for asking the ballboy and the waterboy whether they like a player. That's part of the character profile... "is this a good chemistry guy?". Team karma is based on a lot of mutual respect in the lockerroom.

We all know that BB is prepared to walk away from a great talent if the player is going to be divisive. He's drafting kids that he wants to work with almost every day for the next five years. When you hire people, you want ones that you like and respect.

i would love to have CJ opposite Deion--but we will have to move up for him---my guess is in front of Denver.

Sure sounds like Mincey could very well hear his name called by the Pats come draft day.

What is he a 3rd rounder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore