PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower and Chung injuries (apologies if this has already been addressed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I saw on my NFL Mobile feed that Hightower and Chung were injured on the same play in the 4th quarter on Sunday.

Was this nothing to worry about?

Or has anyone heard anything that should make me concerned for this Sunday and beyond?

Many thanks for any info...

Even in the moment, Chung looked fine. The refs had to make him come off the field for a play and IIRC he came back the play after that. Hightower was on the bench for a bit and looked to be in some pain, definitely more worried about that, but I believe he came back in too. Hopefully nothing that'll be any kind of an ongoing nuisance, didn't look serious.

The lack of a postgame angst thread reassured me. "Oh God, not Hightower, one and done, this team is cursed, FFS!" :p

My worry is Edelman...hope he is ok

He came in for the big 4th down - then limped off again, there's almost no doubt he'll play but whether he's really healthy is a different question.

That's why I was so disappointed about Dobson's injury. This will sound arrogant, I know, but I am confident that NE can win out while managing Edelman's snaps. But with LaFell already a little banged up, Amendola's ineffectiveness and Tyms the only other option, there really isn't enough depth to give Julian the rest he needs for the playoffs.

Active Josh Boyce from the P.s. and see what he got he has alot of speed. The question now is how well does Boyce know our playbook and route variations?

Hightower missed one play. Chung the same. Chung tried to stay on the field and not miss any time but since he caused the stoppage he had to come off for that one play.

As was said, I'm more worried about Edelman. He was in and out and clearly in (leg) pain.

Hightower missed one play. Chung the same. Chung tried to stay on the field and not miss any time but since he caused the stoppage he had to come off for that one play.

As was said, I'm more worried about Edelman. He was in and out and clearly in (leg) pain.

Edelman playing through the pain is real testament to how Tough he is...he's a real football player.

Boyce is as useless as tits on a bull

Edelman playing through the pain is real testament to how Tough he is...he's a real football player.
True. He's been taking some big hits the last few weeks and kept getting up. His durability is certainly being tested. Hope he recovers quickly and is fine the rest of the year.

Active Josh Boyce from the P.s. and see what he got he has alot of speed. The question now is how well does Boyce know our playbook and route variations?
My guess is that Boyce knows the playbook and route variations better than Tyms does. That fact doesn't give him any more talent.

If Edelman's reps are reduced, Amendola's will increase. Also, Wright's reps would increase as a result of running fewer reps with 3 WR's on the field.

Is Austin Collie still alive? He'll show up and make that one huge catch that seals the game and then dissapear for another week.

I think that we will hear that they are all day to day. A reach on my part, I know.

What happened to Dobson? He only played one play! Did he get hurt?

Pulled up lame reaching for his hamstring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST