PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

He's Been Spotted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great and all and I hope as much as anyone that he turns out to be a solid NFL pass-rusher for us, but I'm not holding my breath anytime soon. Still hope they address this need in either FA or the draft. He's coming back from a year off and never having played a down in the NFL. Tough for me to get too high on him just yet.

I agree.

He's played one year of football in the last three, and that was in the CFL, where he had six sacks and 43 tackles. There were 23 guys who had six or more sacks in the CFL last year, for context. Not too many transition to the NFL.

He's missed two seasons with bizarre medical problems. He clashed with coaches at USC.

Let's hope he turns things around, makes the team, and contributes.

DL should still be a primary need for improvement.

Armstead is a giant wildcard in projecting the draft this year. If the team is penciling him in as a contributor, that changes the look of the DL depth considerably.

The ultimate wildcard. If Armstead is half of what we're hoping he becomes, the interior DL becomes an area of depth.

Two former CFL players may be starters this year.

Watching the Armstead CFL highlight video he reminds me a ton of what Jason Hatcher looked like last season. He looks thinner than the usual DT and bursts through the line with crazy speed. He also showed some nasty power and a sick spin move on some plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents