PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's my David Thomas highlight video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

Like Brady he has to physically develop some (hit the gym) but ... wow.

After seeing this, I'm convinced we didn't draft a TE. We drafted a self-propelled vacuum cleaner. :)

With a year or two under Belichick et al. . . . :D

ctpatsfan77 said:
After seeing this, I'm convinced we didn't draft a TE. We drafted a self-propelled vacuum cleaner. :)

With a year or two under Belichick et al. . . . :D
He may be a vacuum but I dont think he could outsuck the Bills draft

JJDChE said:
I don't understand how this guy dropped to the bottom of the third.

That highlight reel make Jackson's look pedestrian - and I like Jackson!!!

This guy is completely fearless going after the ball. Looks like he hits hard and isn't afraid to take a hit either... kindof like if Rodney Harrison played TE

Of course if Thomas fails to produce I can imagine there will be lots of "Where's the Beef" signs at Gillette.

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys liked the video, and thanks for the compliments.

Thanks for the video. A few random thoughts:

In most of the catches, he is fairly open, although there were a few catches in traffic.

I would have liked to see a few pancake blocks.

Looks sure-handed.

Looks more athletic than I expected, more like a Watson or Graham than a big and/or stiff guy like Fauria (who was good in his own way), or Wiggins or Conwell.

I like the determination -- seems to stretch out to get the extra yard(s).

OT: I liked the way Vince Young looked.

Loved the video, loved the soundtrack...nothing like a little football, and a little tupac...

This kid looks good though, amazing hands on him

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it immensely. :)

BTW, did anyone see the move Thomas put on that Baylor DB???

I checked to see who #27 was and was glad to discover it was NOT Willie Andrews, rather it was #27 Agustin Flores DB 5-11 186 JR. Whew! :D

Andrews wore # 18.

Last edited:
Thanks

I like this and it looks like we have enough fire power to go to the run and shoot offense.

5 wides all the time with Brady picking apart the D.

Obviuos BBB knows most teams depth in nickle is weak and takes play away from so called cover corner

Brady's gonna throw for a lot of yards and TDs

PhilD said:
I think there's some question about his blocking. Don't forget, being a tight end isn't just about catching the ball.

With that said, I'm excited. If nothing else, he's a guy with good hands and big game experience.

He's promised to try. Maybe he wasn't asked to do that much in Texas. He's also kind of light, I think about 6'3" 245-250.

Great video!! To all those who wondreed why a TE in 3...look and see!! I just loved the pick!! and seeing this..it's even a better pick!! They guy has such desire and heart...as well as hands!! Why did he drop?? Other players were flashier..other needs..other things..a great pick!!

No way he subs for Fauria...

1. He's not nearly as cute, ask Miguel's wife & mine
2. He needs to learn how to fall down like someone shot, right at the catch

Bingo, Shmessy got bingo..

shmessy said:
Two reactions from watching that video and reading some of the reports:

1) Fauria never moved as well as this kid after the catch

2) Thomas isn't that big and his blocking is universally reported as weak. So all those folks writing that he is insurance if Graham leaves after next year are waaaaay off base.

More to the fundamental point: Could we be seeing an offensive philosophy change by BB? Hear me out on this one: Is it possible that instead of 5 WR's and 3 TE's active for games might we see 4 WR's and 4 TE's? After all, Watson is almost a WR and TE's can do more than WR's on special teams, etc. If this Thomas kid can be an accurate snapper, that will save another roster spot (sorry Lonie).

I think you hit it right smack on the head... :bricks:

When I posted a while back that I expected them to utilize the TE's more, I didn't realize they were gonna have half the roster made up of TE's! :woohoo:

Thomas looks more like a wideout than a TE coming off the line.... I got an image in my mind of a spread offense with Branch and Caldwell outside, Graham and Watson right side with DT left side....... hmmmmm Can anyone say matchup nightmare? :rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
Thomas looks more like a wideout than a TE coming off the line.... I got an image in my mind of a spread offense with Branch and Caldwell outside, Graham and Watson right side with DT left side....... hmmmmm Can anyone say matchup nightmare? :rocker:

:ditto:

...then add to that any combo of

Dillon/Maroney/Faulk/Mills/Pass/vrabel/seymour/anyoneelse who has played FB/TE for us

in motion out of the backfield.....

The evil genius is now plying his trade on offense!!! HAHAAHAA(evil Laughter)
:scared:

BB is my hero... why can't I be an evil genius?

Indeed he does look good in the video.

The one negative I see is that he is susceptable to the DB's taking him on low. He doesn't try to jump over them or take them on by lowering his pad level, he just kind of lets them take out his knees and leaps over them and then goes down. I guarantee you the DB's and coaches in the NFL will pick up on that. He needs to come up with some spin moves or get his pads lower to take on these guys that he should be running over. He lets them off the hook by just letting them take his knees.

When db's do that to Daniel Graham, he doesn't give up his knees and let him self be cut down. Instead he lowers his body to protect his knees, then runs them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back