PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here Comes Dobsonmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Functionally, no. But I don't think that gives us the right to portray him as an irresponsible wussy. Call me old fashioned, I guess.

who said that?

nobody ever said he was irresponsible

FWIW, Reiss says he "wouldn't be surprised" if Dobson gets IRd at this point.

How bout getting this guy?

Pulled hamstrings are generally a result of not properly warming up and stretching out.

Sometimes crap happens you deal with it and move on. Some here obviously overreact and come to conclusions way to soon

FWIW, Reiss says he "wouldn't be surprised" if Dobson gets IRd at this point.

I wouldn't either. Horrible year with either not getting it..or injuries...and now it's def a injury. IR him and hope for next year. He is a dud again next year...time to move on

I wouldn't either. Horrible year with either not getting it..or injuries...and now it's def a injury. IR him and hope for next year. He is a dud again next year...time to move on

Yep. I expect us to have a fairly good idea by August as to whether or not Aaron Dobson is going to contribute in a Patriots uniform.

kenny stills, hopkins and we have dobson.

at least belichick is consistent. consistent at picking bad wr's every year. lmao

If you have this amazing talent for predicting who becomes a productive NFL player before the draft maybe you should give us your opinion on this year's players. You know, before they are drafted. Without the benefit of hindsight.

Weird how Tavon Austin (8), Justin Hunter (34), C. Patterson (29) or Robert Woods (41), who were all taken before Dobson (59), are all not doing that great at WR either. Maybe drafting is actually not that easy?

If you have this amazing talent for predicting who becomes a productive NFL player before the draft maybe you should give us your opinion on this year's players. You know, before they are drafted. Without the benefit of hindsight.

Weird how Tavon Austin (8), Justin Hunter (34), C. Patterson (29) or Robert Woods (41), who were all taken before Dobson (59), are all not doing that great at WR either. Maybe drafting is actually not that easy?
Austin may be a decent player on another team.

Woods is a solid player on a mediocre team with a mediocre (at best) quarterback.

Patterson is another athlete without a home. Not a WR, not a RB. (Bad) Teams feel the need to get players like him touches (Jets; Harvin).

As far as hunter, "bro, not a clue!" In assuming bust.

Austin may be a decent player on another team.

Woods is a solid player on a mediocre team with a mediocre (at best) quarterback.

Patterson is another athlete without a home. Not a WR, not a RB. (Bad) Teams feel the need to get players like him touches (Jets; Harvin).

As far as hunter, "bro, not a clue!" In assuming bust.

By that logic Dobson might also be a better player on a different team. Read up on how Keenan Allen said he was close to giving up after the first few weeks with the chargers. Not sure he would have survived here.

I fully agree that so far he has been a disappointment but given how the draft is a crapshoot for everyone I don't see any obvious mistakes in that one.

Now the wilkerson/Dowling situation.. that I still fume about.

Last edited:
Don't know, but i imagine favoring his foot or inactivity might have played into the injury. No matter, he's not going to help this year, might as well call up Boyce, maybe he's improved.

I think people here get way too involved in personalities and draft positions. At receiver, I think a lot of it is learning and effort, which takes a while.

So it's settled? We're on to Tymsmania.

One thing to note Armendola's Offensive snaps have been drastically reduced with should open things up for other players such as Tim Wright and Tyms. I think the Patriots like Tyms upside...he's a 6'3 Deep threat.

One thing to note Armendola's Offensive snaps have been drastically reduced with should open things up for other players such as Tim Wright and Tyms. I think the Patriots like Tyms upside...he's a 6'3 Deep threat.
Amendola saw 12 snaps and Tyms had 2. Not expecting anything there unless Edelman's injury keeps him out. Wright had 30 snaps however, and catches everything thrown his way. The problem is that Brady never gets to him, as it's Gronk, Edelman, LaFell and Vereen. Would love to see Brady give him more targets. If they use Blount more and defenses go heavy against the run, that would create opportunities for Wright who is a mismatch against LBs.

Yep. I expect us to have a fairly good idea by August as to whether or not Aaron Dobson is going to contribute in a Patriots uniform.

At least if he doesn't work out he was better then jackson....well for a like 13 games.

We suck as drafting WRs recently if he doesn't turn out..man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick