Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Good news.
No Herald for me though.

If Cassel gets moved, then I think Vince's contract gets done first. ( before Seymour, Mankins, etc.

Good news.
No Herald for me though.

Which is why I've linked you to the PFW combine blog site, where the fuller story and Wilfork quotes are. You guys with the precious constitutions don't have to click to the Herald at all. Is it a problem to READ the word "Herald" because that is mentioned on the blog and I don't want anyone to set their sites on tizzy-ville. ;)

Last edited:
If Cassel gets moved, then I think Vince's contract gets done first. ( before Seymour, Mankins, etc.

I think everyone agrees with you. Cassel gets dealt, Vince gets extended for BIG money, which we can afford to do because we're so careful with the cap in other areas.

Maybe we can infer from this that something is also going on

behind the scenes on the Cassel situation.

Not just Herald, it was a tomASSe article. So take it for what it's worth.

Which is why I've linked you to the PFW combine blog site, where the fuller story and Wilfork quotes are. You guys with the precious constitutions don't have to click to the Herald at all. Is it a problem to READ the world "Herald" because that is mentioned on the blog and I don't want anyone to set their sites on tizzy-ville. ;)

I'm sorry.
Here, have a beer.

Attachments

• pab47bowl.jpg
    pab47bowl.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 657
I have no doubt that wilfork will spend his career as a patriot........principally, he is cut from the same cloth as troy brown, and teams simply don't let high character talent like that go to other teams

wilfork is a role model and one of the highest morals guys on the team

Exactly what I was thinking. Something tells me the Cassel deal is done.

Which is why I've linked you to the PFW combine blog site, where the fuller story and Wilfork quotes are. You guys with the precious constitutions don't have to click to the Herald at all. Is it a problem to READ the world "Herald" because that is mentioned on the blog and I don't want anyone to set their sites on tizzy-ville. ;)

+1

Get over it, people

Thanks for the Wilfie update!

Last edited:
+1

Get over it, people

Get over what?
Boycotting the herald, or misreading thread titles?

All I said was "no herald for me".
Gee Whiz.

Here, you have a beer too.

Attachments

• pabst.jpg
    pabst.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 136
+1

Get over it, people

You don't "get over" the lack of trust of someone. The guy basically lied or certainly ran with crappy sources - no reason to not believe he won't do it again.

My idea of an ideal free agency would be to trade Cassel early on

and then extend Wilfork and Mankins. I'm afraid the Asomugha

signing has given Seymour a ridiculous goal to shoot for.

I hope something gets done, we don't want another Samuel situation. It's all up to the player though. the Pats will not be bent over silly for anyone, I hope Wilfork is reasonable.

You don't "get over" the lack of trust of someone. The guy basically lied or certainly ran with crappy sources - no reason to not believe he won't do it again.

Yeah, okay. I'm sure those Wilfork quotes are fabricated.

Carefull. You can't go against the group think culture here stuck on the Herald as boogeyman, bro.

My gut feeling is that there's a desire to work things ut already in place between the Patriots, Cassel and the Chiefs - though the devil is always in the details.

My gut feeling is that there's a desire to work things ut already in place between the Patriots, Cassel and the Chiefs - though the devil is always in the details.

I'd like to think this is right, but I'm not sure the Wilfork thing is indicative of anything brewing with KC (any more than it already has been).

My honest best assessment is that it's now a bit farther into the off-season, the Patriots have franchised Cassel, the Pioli situation is resolved, Reese is here, coaches are in place, and now - ducks in a row - the Patriots are prepared to walk and chew gum at the same time: Elicit and evaluate offers for Cassel, and turn their attention to roster management, point one of which is keeping Vince Wilfork here for a long, long time.

Last edited:
I have no idea. That's the thing about losing someone's trust - you can never fully get it back. Just like if my wife cheated on me, I'd never fully trust her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore