PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help with Pats books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosi Moose

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest some great Pats books for me (I'm going to be traveling a lot in the next few weeks and need some reading ideas). I've already read "Patriot Reign" and "Education of a Coach." Any others that you guys would suggest? Thanks!

I also liked

Mosi Moose said:
Can anyone suggest some great Pats books for me (I'm going to be traveling a lot in the next few weeks and need some reading ideas). I've already read "Patriot Reign" and "Education of a Coach." Any others that you guys would suggest? Thanks!

"Won for all" by Pepper Johnson

But my favorites are the 3 sports illustrated hard covers commemorating the Pats 3 super bowl wins.

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic, since it's not a Patriots book, but I can't speak too highly of Michael MacCambridge's, America's Game.

I learned even more about the AFL (amongst much else) than I do from reading NEM's reminiscences of the days of his youth ;) .

Pat the Pats Fan said:
But my favorites are the 3 sports illustrated hard covers commemorating the Pats 3 super bowl wins.
I agree..are they still available?? Was thinking about that as a great gidt...for a new Patriots fan..

Pepper Johnson's book is a must read. Great insight into how hard coaches work. I was surprised that it makes Hi-Tech look easy.

How about "Dan Klecko Sucks" by R_T 26.

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:
Slightly off-topic, since it's not a Patriots book, but I can't speak too highly of Michael MacCambridge's, America's Game.

I learned even more about the AFL (amongst much else) than I do from reading NEM's reminiscences of the days of his youth ;) .

I don't even remember the title but Mike Holovak, their successful '60s Coach, had a book written in the '60s that would give you some hsitory of this then zany franchise.

I think it was one of those "as told to" ghost written affairs. I don't remember much but Larry Eisenhauer's eccentricities; and other weird experiences as Holovak coached the team with orders to also conserve string and bubble gum wrappers and bailing wire...

I've read Holley's book, Pepper Johnson's, and Management Secrets Vol. 1. Holley's book was just OK - a bit disappointing. I agree Pepper's book was outstanding and interesting. Management Secrets is a must read but and gives tremendous insight into the inner workings of the Belichick system but it is a bit dry and for me, was a bit of a chore to finish.

For anyone that playf football right now or wants to learn about making plays and how teams and coaches do it. I think this is s a good book. A very good book.

--Football Physics : The Science of the Game (forewarded by Bill Belichick)--

from the book i mentioned above

"When we prepare for the annual NFL draft, we look at each player's speed and his quickness. This book provides the best discussion of the difference between the two that I've seen. Whether your primary interest is popular science or pro football, you will enjoy Football Physics. You'll learn something about the way the world works, and you will come away with an increased appreciation for some fine points of a great game."
--Bill Belichick, head coach, New England Patriots

I usually read books with leadership as one of the main themes, are there any Patriots book out there that has something to do with leadership?

edgecy

I heartily recommend the book Mike the Brit mentioned. It's not Patriot-centric at all, but if you love Pro Football I can't imagine a better read.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!!

Charles Pierce's bio on Tom is scheduled to come out in Nov. He's the best sportswriter out there IMO.

I'm actually assisting Pierce with the fact-checking...he just finished the draft.

it's gooood stuff.

fyi, the title is "Moving the Chains, Tom Brady and the Pursuit of Everything" -- you can already preorder it on amazon I think.

I just read "Patriots United" and loved it. It's the size of a coffee table book and spans from the forming of the team to the SB 36 win. Some amazing pics and it details 9/11 well. It brought back alot of great and terrible memories and was well written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back