PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help out a young Patriots fan go the ESPY's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can post stuff now! Thanks for your help in resolving that. I had hoped for a rise in the standings, too. I have a pit in my stomach every morning when i check the standings. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously.......

Here's today's update:

Craig's still hanging on in 3rd place, at 20% this morning, but the gap is widening b/w him and the 1st place contestant. I don't know how, but she's managed to surge 9 points in 2 days!!. If she can do it, maybe we can, too????

I know it's the weekend, and we're all busy with kids' sports and other activities, H.S. Graduations, cookouts, etc. PLEASE try to take a minute out of your busy schedule to continue VOTING ONCE PER DAY FROM EVERY COMPUTER.

Go to www.espn.com/earnyourstripes or https://r.espn.go.com/espn/specialsection/kelloggs/ to cast your vote for Craig. Thanks again to everyone, and have a great weekend!!
10 more votes for Craig originating in Whitinsville to Franklin.

10 more votes for Craig originating in Whitinsville to Franklin.

Awww--I should have known I could count on some of our neighbors!! Thanks. I checked in here before heading to bed, to see if anyone else might be around to cast a vote. I never expected 10!! A reporter from the Milford Daily News is suposed to do a story this week. Of course, it's been weeks since I first contacted them and made the request, but better late than ever!! Thanks so much for voting!!:)

Update for Sunday June 1st:

In the standings, Craig went up one percentage point, while the first place contestant went down by one. All the others stayed the same. He's 6 points from 1st place, and 4 points from 2nd. Baby steps compared to how some contestants have risen in the standings, but for a busy weekend day, when no one is able to vote from computers at work, and less people are online, it's "Grrrrrrreat !!!!" (Kellogg's Frosted Flakes pun intended...). Thanks, everyone!!!

National Pop Warner sent out a mass emailing to 1,400 recipients of their newsletter yesterday. Milford Daily News interview should happen early this coming week, and be in the paper soon.

Remember to keep voting once per day, per computer at www.espn.com/earnyourstripes or https://r.espn.go.com/espn/specialsection/kelloggs/

Thanks to all!! :)

Also, I'm running out of ideas for spreading the word about this. Ideas, anyone??

You might want to post at these two Patriot forums if you haven't already....

http://forum.patriots.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Camp

http://people.boston.com/forums/sports/patriots/

I posted something in bulletin board at Patriots.com, in the miscellaneous section--not the section where people are taking more seriously about football. I did basically the same thing at Boston.com, but not in the Patriots discussion area. I tried to post it in the most appropriate place, so that people don't get angry about something being off-topic. I don't think I got even 1 response at Boston.com. People at Patriots.com have been great, although there is more activity in some of the other sections.

I posted something in bulletin board at Patriots.com, in the miscellaneous section--not the section where people are taking more seriously about football. I did basically the same thing at Boston.com, but not in the Patriots discussion area. I tried to post it in the most appropriate place, so that people don't get angry about something being off-topic. I don't think I got even 1 response at Boston.com. People at Patriots.com have been great, although there is more activity in some of the other sections.

It is off season. You might want to try Celtics and Red Soxes boards as well...

It is off season. You might want to try Celtics and Red Soxes boards as well...
''
Don't get me started on the Celtics Board.... I had a less than positive experience on one of those, and it made me reluctant to even attempt posting at any others. One of their regular posters took offense at my post. He accused me of being an entitled parent, going there as an outsider, and begging for votes for my son. It got ugly. It turned into a huge debate among the regualr posters. This one poster voted for one of the other kids in the contest, and encouraged others to do the same. I didn't see any of that coming. I've lived in New England my whole life, grew up watching all the local teams, and considered myself part of the community of sports fans in that sense, even if I'm new to message boards. I didn't feel entitled to getting everyone to vote for my son just b/c he's from New England, just as I don't feel that way here. I did hope that some N.E. sports fans would help a local student athlete if they knew about it, and so many people here have done just that. Anyway, that's the reason I've been reluctant to appeal to Red Sox fans. There's no way to know what the response will be, and I don't want to go through that again. To be fair, some folks on the Celtic board were great, but the overall experience wasn't.
:(

Last edited:
Voted

Somebody should help Crag with his acceptance speech. Perfect op to call out Clayton and Fish.

''
Don't get me started on the Celtics Board.... I had a less than positive experience on one of those, and it made me reluctant to even attempt posting at any others. One of their regular posters took offense at my post. He accused me of being an entitled parent, going there as an outsider, and begging for votes for my son. It got ugly. It turned into a huge debate among the regualr posters. This one poster voted for one of the other kids in the contest, and encouraged others to do the same. I didn't see any of that coming. I've lived in New England my whole life, grew up watching all the local teams, and considered myself part of the community of sports fans in that sense, even if I'm new to message boards. I didn't feel entitled to getting everyone to vote for my son just b/c he's from New England, just as I don't feel that way here. I did hope that some N.E. sports fans would help a local student athlete if they knew about it, and so many people here have done just that. Anyway, that's the reason I've been reluctant to appeal to Red Sox fans. There's no way to know what the response will be, and I don't want to go through that again. To be fair, some folks on the Celtic board were great, but the overall experience wasn't.
:(

You might have better luck with the Red Soxes. There is a definite hierarchy of sports in NE, Red Soxes are number 1, Patriots are #2, Celtics are a distant #3. (Ducks as he is about to be flamed by some for last sentence)

In much the same way some Patriot fans are put off with chants of Yankees Suck and more folks wearing red sox garb than Pats garb at superbowl parades, the die in the wool Celtic fans are a bit perturb that the coach of the football team gets more applause than Doc Rivers when the Celtics win a playoff game. They are a jealous bunch.

Red Sox fans on the other hand are less likely to feel threatened by a Patriots posting. They know they are number one. They are the last Boston team to win a championship. The Yankees are in the gutter. And stories about mini-camp is stealing their thunder from the sport pages.

Also although there was a post urging other to vote against your son, I bet in total your post resulted in more people voting for him. And lets say you post, and 2/3 of board hates you think you are an a - hole and doesn't vote at all, but 1/3 votes for your son and one votes against. Mission accomplished.

One final idea, instead of you posting, have your son do the posting, even if you physically are the one doing the posting, a post that starts "My name is Craig, I am 11 years old, I am a life long Celtics fan who would like to go to the EPSY awards...." Is going to get me more than, "My son......"

You might have better luck with the Red Soxes. There is a definite hierarchy of sports in NE, Red Soxes are number 1, Patriots are #2, Celtics are a distant #3. (Ducks as he is about to be flamed by some for last sentence)

In much the same way some Patriot fans are put off with chants of Yankees Suck and more folks wearing red sox garb than Pats garb at superbowl parades, the die in the wool Celtic fans are a bit perturb that the coach of the football team gets more applause than Doc Rivers when the Celtics win a playoff game. They are a jealous bunch.

Red Sox fans on the other hand are less likely to feel threatened by a Patriots posting. They know they are number one. They are the last Boston team to win a championship. The Yankees are in the gutter. And stories about mini-camp is stealing their thunder from the sport pages.

Also although there was a post urging other to vote against your son, I bet in total your post resulted in more people voting for him. And lets say you post, and 2/3 of board hates you think you are an a - hole and doesn't vote at all, but 1/3 votes for your son and one votes against. Mission accomplished.

One final idea, instead of you posting, have your son do the posting, even if you physically are the one doing the posting, a post that starts "My name is Craig, I am 11 years old, I am a life long Celtics fan who would like to go to the EPSY awards...." Is going to get me more than, "My son......"

You're probably right. I'm new to this stuff and took what happened over at the Celtics board personally. I was literally in tears. All in all, I'm sure more voted for him than against him. I haven't posted anything there since, even though I had planned to, b/c I don't want to open up another can of worms. Maybe I'll give the Red Sox one a try. I'm registered, but haven't used it. I appreciate your feedback.

+1 for today.

Hopefully, when they teach him to lie and sensationalize, he'll remember us and make up stories about Dungy.

Good morning to all. I wanted to pass along an update before getting ready for worK:

Not much change in the standings since yesterday. Craig is one percentage point closer to 2nd place--only 3 % away! And still 6% away from 1st place.

Please remember to keep voting. There are 2 more weeks to go and plenty of time left in the game.

Vote for Craig at www.espn.com/earnyourstripes or https://r.espn.go.com/espn/specialsection/kelloggs/

Vote once per day, per computer--from work and from home, if you can. Spread the word to co-workers willing to lend a hand. And as always, THANKS!!!!

I won't be able to check in much during the day today, but will be back later. Fingers crossed that this thread is read enough that it stays close to the top.
:cool:

......bump

I'm checking in. Is anyone still voting? We had an interview with a reporter from the Milford Daily News this afternoon. It'll be in the Daily News mid-week, and the Country Gazette on Friday. Not exactly the Boston Globe, but every little bit helps. If any of you livein the Milford/Franklin area. keep your eyes open for it.

Voted.

10 char.

Looks like Nichyria's people have started voting heavily. Max had the lead the first time I voted. Just remove the ESPN cookies and vote early and often :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like Nichyria's people have started voting heavily. Max had the lead the first time I voted. Just remove the ESPN cookies and vote early and often :rolleyes:

They're serving cookies to get her votes?:cool:

guys, vote every single day...

our guys is losing

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye