PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help out a young Patriots fan go the ESPY's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote early and often.

Good luck Craig!

fs3099.jpg

You're right in terms of what this contest is supposed to be about. I'm Craig's Mom, and I have to say that I've developed mixed feelings about this whole thing as it's progressed. When I heard that the local Pop Warner team identified him as their choice as a nominee, I felt so honored by that, and couldn't have been prouder. I would have been content (and a lot less stressed!!) if it had ended there. After going through the next phases of the selection process, and ultimately finding out that Craig was chosen to represent the Pop Warner organization, again, I thought that regardless of voting outcome, it was a huge accomplishment in and of itself. And while I still believe that, it's hard not to get caught up in the competitive aspect of it all. I've written in previous posts that the developers of the contest attest that the voting system is fair, that votes are tracked manually, and that only one vote per computer will be counted each day. Having said that, I can also understand why some on this board, who have been folowing the standings as I have, question the voting process. One contestant went up about 18% over a 2 day period, while Craig's percentage (despite continuous efforts to increase his voting base) pretty much stays the same, no matter what we do. I'm not saying anyone's cheating--and I sincerely hope that the voting system is designed well enough to prevent it--but, I do see where this is coming from. I've talked to Craig about the whole thing. He understands that people aren't voting for the kid they think is the most deserving, or even for the video they like the best. I'm sure all the kids are deserving in their own right. The winner will be the kid who has the most voting resources. I tried in every way I could to increase his. While we got a lot of support from so many sources (including people on this board!), there were also a lot of disappointments--people who could have made a real difference, but chose not to. I love my son more than anything. I saw this as a once in a lifetime opportunity, and wanted so badly to make this happen for him. With one day left to vote, it's pretty clear he's not going to win. I feel like I let him down, and that's something I never wanted to do. But, I do want him to finish strong and hope that people who read this will continue to vote until the very end!! Even it it doesn't make a difference in the standings, it makes a diference to us!!

And last but not least--Happy Father's day to all the Dads out there!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing sadder is a rookie coming on here telling us what we should or shouldn't do with his/her very first post. No one is making anyone vote for anyone. We are just suggesting that they help out a young Patriots fan.

As far as the "cheating" thing is concerned, the fact that you don't get it is also sad. Makes me think that you are not a Patriots fan but a troll with nothing better to do with his/her/it's time.

We will be watching as time goes on.

Last edited:
You're right in terms of what this contest is supposed to be about. I'm Craig's Mom, and I have to say that I've developed mixed feelings about this whole thing as it's progressed. When I heard that the local Pop Warner team identified him as their choice as a nominee, I felt so honored by that, and couldn't have been prouder. I would have been content (and a lot less stressed!!) if it had ended there. After going through the next phases of the selection process, and ultimately finding out that Craig was chosen to represent the Pop Warner organization, again, I thought that regardless of voting outcome, it was a huge accomplishment in and of itself. And while I still believe that, it's hard not to get caught up in the competitive aspect of it all. I've written in previous posts that the developers of the contest attest that the voting system is fair, that votes are tracked manually, and that only one vote per computer will be counted each day. Having said that, I can also understand why some on this board, who have been folowing the standings as I have, question the voting process. One contestant went up about 18% over a 2 day period, while Craig's percentage (despite continuous efforts to increase his voting base) pretty much stays the same, no matter what we do. I'm not saying anyone's cheating--and I sincerely hope that the voting system is designed well enough to prevent it--but, I do see where this is coming from. I've talked to Craig about the whole thing. He understands that people aren't voting for the kid they think is the most deserving, or even for the video they like the best. I'm sure all the kids are deserving in their own right. The winner will be the kid who has the most voting resources. I tried in every way I could to increase his. While we got a lot of support from so many sources (including people on this board!), there were also a lot of disappointments--people who could have made a real difference, but chose not to. I love my son more than anything. I saw this as a once in a lifetime opportunity, and wanted so badly to make this happen for him. With one day left to vote, it's pretty clear he's not going to win. I feel like I let him down, and that's something I never wanted to do. But, I do want him to finish strong and hope that people who read this will continue to vote until the very end!! Even it it doesn't make a difference in the standings, it makes a diference to us!!

And last but not least--Happy Father's day to all the Dads out there!!

:)

If I would have seen that post earlier, I would have said that you don't have to respond to someone who just doesn't get it.

This being that last day of voting, I would like to commend you for your efforts on behalf of your son. It shows what a great mom you are.

Also I'd like to thank all those who did vote for Craig. He may not have won but he does know now that he has the support of Patriots nation.

All of those kids have faces that annoy me.

Maybe they'll be future ESPN anchors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes