PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have you ever been more fired up for a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the 2007 season could be special I feel the same way about this team.

Was most pumped up in '03, the hangover from the first superbowl win was still fresh in my mind. My Pats Fandom had hit it's apex, and it was like heroin.. have always sought to find that moment again, but never found it.

Never forget the first day of practice at Bryant, and the team was doing windsprints across the field towards the stands.. there was Bruschi with the biggest smile imaginable.. it did not get any better than that..

You betcha. I also am jonesing for a football fix.

Heh.... The family knows when it's time for football, because all the laundry comes out. I don't wear any Pats gear except for a red Pats ballcap during the year, but when TC opens, out come the jersey/shirt/mug/etc. For me it just adds to the anticipation, the need for that fix.

My most exciting time was the start of TC for the 04 season.

But this one is getting close, what with the delayed start, and the additions to the team, the large core of returning starters, etc.

It's gonna being a good one, that's for sure!

I am very pumped! :rocker:

Honestly, I have a theory about all this. This year is for Myra. I think everyone is pulling out all stops to make it happen. There is an added emotional drive at work. And I have a feeling that when Mr. Kraft decides to make something happen, it happens. Period. And god, I have never seen so many signings! This is a go for broke year. Super Bowl or Bust!

Yes.........

-Pats vs Jets is at it's pinnacle.

-Brady's time is slowly ticking down and he's being pushed by 2 solid backup QB's that want his job. He wants another ring NOW.

-For once we didnt lose any important personnel or coaches in the offseason.

-Our defense will be respected for the first time in 5 years.

All the moves the team has made really got me excited for this upcoming season. I'll do my best to avoid using words like "destiny" but I get a really good feeling about this season. Mind you, I've keep this thought between me and my wife, and now anybody who reads this post...:D

Every season I'm more excited than the previous year. My love for football and the Patriots grows every year.

As far as expectation level, the only time it's been as high as this is 07. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyone who says they are more fired up for any season other than the 2007 campaign is flat out lying.

The arrival of Randy Moss,Wes Welker and Adalius Thomas?...

No more exciting time to look forward to a season may ever be as great as the anticipation for that 2007 season was.

I am pumped up but at the same time very cautious.I expect this team to make the playoffs but thats where they have to do their damage.

Anyone who says they are more fired up for any season other than the 2007 campaign is flat out lying.

The arrival of Randy Moss,Wes Welker and Adalius Thomas?...

No more exciting time to look forward to a season may ever be as great as the anticipation for that 2007 season was.

There's some truth to that. I remember going around the office in August 2007 and I was geeking about how Adalius was going to tear it up. Instead of going to bars and streaming games, I sprung for the Sunday Ticket package (which turned out to be unnecessary as most games were nationally televised).

I still stand by 2008. 16-0 was suddenly achievable and there were so many wrongs to right from the previous season. I was completely amped. I had to move on opening day, so I didn't see the game live. One of my friends, a Ravens fan, came out and told me the news. I thought he was full of ****.

This season is not even close to the very first season. We have are own football team, not the Giants but THE BOSTON PATRIOTS. No season will ever compare.

You missed it...and the 15 versions after that one ;) The consensus was anywhere from 12-4 to 14-2, pretty standard.

I better go add my two cents then, just so I have something to link back to in my sig as the season goes on. :cool:

Love the avatar, was at the game--definitely my most excited feeling of the entire yr in 2010.

I agree. After that Browns game, for them to come out and pummel the Steelers was sweet poetry. The team came alive. Great night. I've changed my avatar a few times, but I think I'll keep this one for a good long while.

This season is not even close to the very first season. We have are own football team, not the Giants but THE BOSTON PATRIOTS. No season will ever compare.

^THIS.

Could not agree more.

I don't know if it was the very long offseason because of the lockout or the excitement of this roster (or both) but I can't remember ever being more pumped up for a season to start.

On paper, we're loaded. We're so loaded in fact, this board has had debates on whether or not to trade Welker because the 3 WR set, with the best slot WR in the NFL, may not be our best offensive formation. Our weakness on defense, pass rush, may turn out to solid or even a strength based on who we have and the little we've seen and heard.

Every year is a challenge. By no means am I looking at this team and expecting things to be easy. A lot of things have to go right for us to win the divison again and hopefully get back to the Super Bowl. I just can't remember a time having less genuine worries about this team.

Every season I feel like I've never been more fired up for a season.

You know what my favorite season is? The one we're in.:D

The Steelers at Gilette, game 1 in '02. Pats raised the banner with fireworks, John Hannah, beating the snot out of Pitt, the place was convulsing in a sportsgasm all night. I could not believe what was happening. Nothing could come close to that other than a SB win at Gilette, IMO.

More pumped now than '07 because big name signings never impressed me. Never felt good about that season as December wore on and DCs with brains figured out how to thwart Moss as the focus.

Having seen how precious and difficult a Lombardi season is, even for elite teams, I savor these last several GOAT seasons that TFB has to offer us. BB has rebuilt the SB era defense completely with young talent and is adding solid 2001 style veterans to fill the gaps. The offensive line has more talent than ever. If Price does what I think he can do and 85 is solid, the WR corps will be what Brady needs. Add young running legs and it's a point fest for the REAL GFY tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes