PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to laugh hysterically, in my chair, for a few minutes, if BB cuts Tebow, then signs somebody else to be QB#3. It would be pretty entertaining, for a few days, watching certain posters trying to drum up the same "righteous indignation" against having a 3rd qb on the roster, who's name isn't "Tebow".

If that happens, I may just have to start a thread/poll asking what this new qb has done to "earn" his roster spot :)

People are free to dislike Tebow all they want, of course, but I do have to wonder how long many of them could pretend to be outraged, if it was any other 3rd qb.

Belichick has cut a veteran at pretty much every position on the football team and brought in another camp body at the same position after that more times than I can count since he's been here. If Tebow is cut, it won't be out of the ordinary for Belichick. The only thing different about it will be the amount of media attention it draws. Further, if Belichick cuts Tebow, it won't be for that third quarterback. More than likely, he'll just go with Brady and Mallett, then put a quarterback on the practice squad.

Belichick has cut a veteran at pretty much every position on the football team and brought in another camp body at the same position after that more times than I can count since he's been here. If Tebow is cut, it won't be out of the ordinary for Belichick. The only thing different about it will be the amount of media attention it draws. Further, if Belichick cuts Tebow, it won't be for that third quarterback. More than likely, he'll just go with Brady and Mallett, then put a quarterback on the practice squad.

I was referring to BB picking up another 3rd qb to put on the active roster. It would be one of the most impressive acts of media/Tebowite/TebowHater trolling ever. It might even be the best Troll in history if BB picked up Orton, Brady Quinn, or McElroy to be qb#3.

I remember hearing back in 2011 when Tebow first started winning that "teams would figure it out". Tebow kept on winning. You want to bring up Mike Tomlin ? Last I recall, Denver and Tebow beat him in the playoffs. Guess he hadn't figured out how to stop the Option by that point ? Maybe he learned later?

2012 rolled around and RG3, Kaep, Newton and Russell were all out there running the R/O and teams still hadn't figured it out.

Just how many years do you think it's going to take ?

I might have mentioned this before... can't remember... but if you look at Tim's game log from 2011 there is an unmistakeable decline trend in his production on the ground as the year went on. To me that says the league is at least learning how to defend Tim and his R/O offense.

As for guys like Tomlin and Harbaugh, they are not speaking as us fans, they are speaking from their experience as NFL coaches. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not just talking a bunch of hot air.

And I never claimed it was "easy" to stop... I guess the main problem is I just heard this same song and dance before with the wildcat offense. It will change the game!1!1!1 Yeah how did that work out? Right now this is a passing league and IMO will remain such for the forseeable future. We'll see how long "forseeable" really is....

I was referring to BB picking up another 3rd qb to put on the active roster. It would be one of the most impressive acts of media/Tebowite/TebowHater trolling ever. It might even be the best Troll in history if BB picked up Orton, Brady Quinn, or McElroy to be qb#3.

Agree that it would be some hilarious trolling. But, if Tebow gets cut, more than likely BB is going with just Brady and Mallett on the roster. The Pats usually roll with just two quarterbacks. If Tebow gets cut and makes it through waivers, BB may place him on the practice squad.

Agree that it would be some hilarious trolling. But, if Tebow gets cut, more than likely BB is going with just Brady and Mallett on the roster. The Pats usually roll with just two quarterbacks. If Tebow gets cut and makes it through waivers, BB may place him on the practice squad.

Hey maybe the Vikings will cut Matt Cassell..... :cool:

Hr doesn't have any more practice squad eligibility.

You're supposed to start sentences like this one with the word "Honestly,". That way, we can know for certain that you are not lying, and you really do post consistently, about things you don't care about. :)

Me... I care a great deal about the evolution of Josh McDaniels' e-p offensive system, and that's why I post about Tebow all the time. Honestly, I don't really care if he plays, or doesn't play. :)

I'm more interested in the back and forth than I am actually interested in Tebow. I see both sides of the argument. Again, I just happen to fall on the side that what tebow did in 2011 was an outlier not a norm. I don't crunch numbers like many of you - he was 3/16 in the first quarter or 7/9 in the 4th. You can make anything seem like its positive or negative if you parcel it down far enough.

Manning is 1-17 on last second throws to end a game when he's 50+ yards away from the end zone. Well no kidding. Everyone is 1-17 in that situation. Conversely you can say Cam Newton had a QB rating of 107 the last five games of the year... that sounds great... unfortunately he had a QBR of 76 the first 11 games. Stats don't tell the whole story. Hell even WINS don't tell the whole story.

Which is better going 6-1 agains teams sub .500 or going 6-1 against teams that are all plus .500?

The facts are as follows: the 2011 broncos beat 1 team with a + .500 record in the last 11 games I think it was. You cant argue it... you cant deny it. Now what you can argue is why. Was it defense? was it Tebow? was it divine intervention? was it all three. That's what we do here. you argue it was mostly tim, I would argue it was mostly defense and some of tim and some of Prater hitting some big ass FG.

Belichick already knew when he signed Tebow whether he was staying or had little chance. I think he signed him to give him a year of real QB training ... he's never had that ... not even in college.

q3UkCQo.png

I would like to change my answer to NO

Belichick already knew when he signed Tebow whether he was staying or had little chance. I think he signed him to give him a year of real QB training ... he's never had that ... not even in college.

If he had practice squad eligibility I'd be all for keeping him around to try for another year or so. But to keep him on a limited 53 man roster where his contributions will be limited at best doesn't make sense. The NFL season is a battle of attrition and every spot is vital.

Please Almighty Bill, let my Tebow stay. :pray:

Short answer is no IMHO. The problem is really about his inconsistency. He made a couple of good throws but then he made some throws that are inexplicably bad.

Going out on a limb........ Tebow stays. Not theat I think it's right, but I think BB keeps him.

that TD with 10 seconds left just sold another 100,000 Te-shirts...if Tebow sticks and scores a TD against the Jets week 2 he's here for a couple of years...at least...Q rating counts, people..they say this is a QB driven league?...it's a MONEY MONEY MONEY driven league ...and Tim Tebow MAKES money for whomever it is he plays for.

that TD with 10 seconds left just sold another 100,000 Te-shirts...if Tebow sticks and scores a TD against the Jets week 2 he's here for a couple of years...at least...Q rating counts, people..they say this is a QB driven league?...it's a MONEY MONEY MONEY driven league ...and Tim Tebow MAKES money for whomever it is he plays for.

Sadly I agree completely. First and foremost the NFL is a Business.

In the immortal words of Mark "Dirty" Sanchez "Sellin seats man."

It's totally out of context, but still funny as hell.

It's precisely why I love football. Because of how many times what's supposed to happen doesn't.

relatively speaking he was much much better tonight. It was still mostly reeking, chunky vomit, but that was enormously better than I expected. It was not the reeking, chunky projectile vomit coupled with explosive diarrhea we have had in the past from TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes