PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HAS the SITE BEEN DOWN????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got confirmation - bad network cable between the main server and the DB server, it's been replaced. That explains Sunday's brief hiccups - that was apparently the first sign of an issue. They ran hardware tests and everything else came back fine so that was the problem.

Last edited:
From what I know so far, apparently there was a network issue between the main server and the DB server, and according to the logs I guess it started around 11pm last night. Obviously it's up but I just got home and have to look into why it happened.

Titans fans crashed the site ... it was a conspiracy for sure ... desperation is setting in.

I'm surprised Ian is still married ... thanks buddy ... this site has seriously crimped your lifestyle lately. We appreciate it of course.;););)

My wife is certainly no longer a fan - believe me :explative

Got confirmation - bad network cable between the main server and the DB server, it's been replaced. That explains Sunday's brief hiccups - that was apparently the first sign of an issue. They ran hardware tests and everything else came back fine so that was the problem.
Don't throw that cable away yet. Keep it off to the side to be used on Monday's following a Pats loss.

Don't throw that cable away yet. Keep it off to the side to be used on Monday's following a Pats loss.

Thankfully I'm off on Mondays. Win or lose you can expect things to be much better - that you can count on :cool:

Speaking of my wife it's midnight and I've only been home for a while so I need to go spend time with her since she hasn't seen me all day.

Hopefully nothing happens after I close this out tonight...one can only hope I guess :cool:

Last edited:
Speaking of my wife it's midnight and I've only been home for a while so I need to go spend time with her since she hasn't seen me all day.

Hopefully nothing happens after I close this out tonight...one can only hope I guess :cool:

Midnight and your wife is up... I think you should be hoping something DOES happen after you close this out... ;)

JSn said:

Midnight and your wife is up... I think you should be hoping something DOES happen after you close this out... ;)

She's been up with the kids since 6am...it's not looking good :cool:

Whatever the issue was, my wife thanks you. We were both off today, so we actually had to sit around and talk to each other today and we really got to know each other again. Turns out she's a pretty cool lady. If this issue ever comes up again, I think I'm definitly gonna she if she's not busy. :cool:

Last edited:
That cable must have been pinching longer than Sunday, I started having problems with the site a couple weeks back and had to start using the Turbo feature on Opera to get the forum to load - tonight everything is as back to normal as it ever gets here. :D

thanks, Ian. whenever the site goes down for more than a couple of hours, I get very concerned at how much I miss it...maybe I'm addicted or something :)

I just figured Ian was doing an overnight update on some software. When it still hadnt come up this morning i knew something had to be wrong.

pros; I got a crap load of work done for a change.

cons; I got a crap load of work done......oh, and i realized im addicted to this site :eek:

I have become addicted to this site, and yesterday I felt like I was going to crack, because I was unable to get on here. I don't post much, but I am here just about everyday though.

Let's not let this happen again, ok? :p:p (kidding)

Last edited:
I just assumed the network cops for my employer finally put a stop to my occassional excursions here. Glad to see they are either still in the dark, are closet Patriot fans, or just simply don't care.

PS - Don't bank on the last option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back