Harrington takes all 1st team reps at Thursday practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN said:
i saw in nfl network that culpepper is listed probable with a shoulder injury

If he was on the Pats, that would only give him a 99% chance of starting.:D

Dolphins | Team decided to give Culpepper a rest Thursday
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:36:10 -0700

"Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban discussed QB Daunte Culpepper's (shoulder) status for the Week 5 game and why he did not participate in most of practice Thursday, Oct. 5. Saban said, "Daunte had a little bit of trouble Wednesday (Oct. 4) in practice because he had a little bit of an injured shoulder dating back to the Buffalo game (Sept. 17). It has not been a significant injury with him, but he did have a little trouble on Wednesday. We thought a day's rest would be good for him. [Culpepper] really did practice some today but we minimized his reps. That's really about all there is to it. I don't think this is a significant thing. I think we just have to evaluate it day to day." Culpepper is listed as probable on the team's injury report."

Will be interesting to see if he practices today since Saban is like BB in that if they don't practice they generally don't play. Given Harrington hasn't taken a meaningful snap since last December and it is not an offense he was used to as Culpepper purportedly was, I don't think it really matters.

I think it will come down to our offense vs. a desperate and therefore motivated defense fighting for their season.

Doesn't really matter. Neither guy is a good QB and they still have to play behind the worst offensive line east of Arizona.

We have confirmation that Daunte sucks after changing teams, we think Harrington sucks to, but he did play on some bad teams, and I personally think he would improve the Dolphins chances to win this game against the Patriots.

Either way, I'm not worried because the Phins will not be able to run the ball at all.

It's all a matter of "Suck Factor"

I'll bet that Harrington will start.

Johnny Z said:
Was it Joey or was it three first-round WRs who totally sucked?

The answer is D: None of the above. It was actually the Lions O-line that was horrid.

Rogers is a bust because he couldn't stay healthy.
Mike Williams is turning into a bust because he has attitude issues that have since surfaced.
Roy Williams is a good WR who lets his mouth run too much.

I was waiting for Saban's plan to materialize. His season is on the line. He is going to switch things up on us with Harrington. Who will play much better than Daunte would? The teams back is against the wall and teams always play hard for a new QB.

This game could be the toughest to date. Don't laugh. They always play us tough. I still don't like how our small DB's match-up against their tall wide-outs.

I fully expect 3-step drops all day long. Harringotn will get rid of the ball quickly.
It may be a ball in the dirt, but that will be the game plan.

Can't stand this team and Saban.

Harrington was a first round draft pick so that means that athletically he has it all to be a franchise QB.

That said, Mike Martz may not be a great HC but he does know offense, and the passing game in particular.

When he took the job with Detroit he immediately installed Harrington as his unquestioned QB. In thematter of a few weeks in training camp he benched him and never looked back. Then he was traded. Harrington obviously is lacking as a QB. Since its not athletically, it must be between the ears...

AzPatsFan said:
Harrington was a first round draft pick so that means that athletically he has it all to be a franchise QB.

That said, Mike Martz may not be a great HC but he does know offense, and the passing game in particular.

When he took the job with Detroit he immediately installed Harrington as his unquestioned QB. In thematter of a few weeks in training camp he benched him and never looked back. Then he was traded. Harrington obviously is lacking as a QB. Since its not athletically, it must be between the ears...

Bingo. The word on Harrington is that while he may not have had the greatest opportunity to achieve in Detroit he is also stubborn and difficult to coach and does not accept responsibility for his own shortcomings and over time he wore on his teamates to the point he is not only not a good leader he is a guy they are ambivalent about at best. He had NO defenders in Detroit - how odd is that? Usually players will rally behind talent that underachieves if they believe it is not entirely their fault. No so with Joey. If and when he does start in Miami I'd expect he and Saban (not to mention Mularkey) to develop some issues pdq because even after being unceremoniously dumped in Detroit Joey seems to be in denial that any of it was of his own doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes