PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hardknocks: Ochocinco and BB talk pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Chad legendary for his bad eating habits and lack of off-season workout regime? If there is any truth to that, his body will rapidly break down once it passes the peak physical range of 28-32.

Seriously? You think he's overrated?

I dunno if i'd go that far. A little too bragadocious... probably. But the man can play ball.

I concur. He's a very good receiver. A hall of famer to be certain by the time all is said and done.

As a homer, Randy Moss is better. Fitzgerald and Santonio Holmes may also be better but I'd put Chad Ochocinco right up there with those two.

Like most WRs his opinion of himself overrates him. But he is good.
BB definitely likes the guy, but that doesnt mean he would want him on his team, with the antics you have to put up with. That whole internet thing going on with him,IMO, is going to hurt his play on the field. He is so wrapped up in it that he can't be focussed as a football player.
I don't think its necessary that BB would want him on his team for BB to genuinely like the guy.

BB definitely likes the guy, but that doesnt mean he would want him on his team, with the antics you have to put up with. That whole internet thing going on with him,IMO, is going to hurt his play on the field. He is so wrapped up in it that he can't be focussed as a football player.
I don't think its necessary that BB would want him on his team for BB to genuinely like the guy.

Well, if anything, if the patriots ever got him, they wouldn't ever have to worry about not having a backup kicker or possibly punter anymore if something were to happen to the starters. :)

-Jamman

Last edited:

That assumes that Chad wouldn't be willing to shut up for a chance at winning which may be true but if it was he wouldn't come here on his own choice so it is a mute point.

The only thing I can use to judge this is how bad he wants/wanted out of cincy. I think if he could have it his way he would go somewhere he can win and somewhere he can pimp his own ego but it is possible that when given the opportunity he chose to shut up and win.

pats1 said:
The funnier part was when the ref gave 85 a "child please" when he tried to argue a call.

That was pretty funny....Another funny Ocho line was earlier in the episode he said he had a line of condoms - they catch everything your johnson shoots out.

That's a bit of a stretch. Besides, those antics wouldn't go on here.

Really? Actually, I do. I think Belichick is the kind of guy who pretty much doesn't hide what he feels. I bet, if he likes you, he lets you know, and if he doesn't, ditto (see Jackson, Tom). Belichick can appreciate the guys like Chad and Keyshawn because he also sees they have real football talent and they don't waste too much of it. Sure, they're wacko, but I think he also sees the desire to win. If Belichick can find room on his teams for Bryan Cox, Rodney "the dirtiest player in the league" Harrison, Corey Dillon, and Randy Moss, I'm sure he'd have no trouble with Chad.

Terrell Owens, on the other hand... I think even Belichick has his limits.

Well, if anything, if the patriots ever got him, they wouldn't ever have to worry about not having a backup kicker or possibly punter anymore if something were to happen to the starters. :)

-Jamman
That's right. As long as we have Welker, we have a backup kicker.

BB liked Jason Taylor and vice versa and got along good with him...Look what that meant to Jason.....

I think the reason for the antics is he's on the Bengals. Seriously, how can football be fun if you know the Steelers and Ravens will kick your butt twice every year.

That's a bit of a stretch. ...

Terrell Owens, on the other hand... I think even Belichick has his limits.

I agree. The magic Belichick pixie dust only works on sane players.:D

Ochocinco (Just call me "Ocho") has been funny and good-natured in the episodes of Hard Knocks I've seen parts of, let alone when he and BB had that love fest at midfield before the recent game at Gillette. Ochocinco's a gamer, that's for sure. And if BB says Ocho's cool because of the way he plays the game then who on this board could possibly dispute it?

Chad can join my team any time he's ready.

As off-the-wall Chad is, I think Belichick appreciates Chad's drive to play the game.

Cincy's going nowhere in their division, not with Pitt and Baltimore in front of them.

Chad probably wants a chance to win a ring before he gets too old.

Belichick would make him behave.

How's this: OchoCinco for Lewis, Galloway, Watson, and KOC. :)

If the Pats ever had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Chad OchoCinco on the WR corps, just mail 'em the Lombardi and skip the season...

oh man, that'd be nasty.

Rocky, rocky, rocky!

Sure he can play but I live in the area where I see the freaking Steelers all the time,two times a year with them playing the Bengals and just about NEVER do I see Chad make a big difference in any of those games

A guy like Randy Moss is a game changer,I dont think Chad is really that type of receiver,He is dependable but as a premiere game changer like Moss,Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson? - No

Put Chad on a better team and I might say differently.

Well yeah, but does anyone think that he IS in that class of receiver? For him to be overrated, the general perception would have to be that Chad's on par with the Mosses and Fitzgeralds of the league, and that's never seemed to be the case to me. If anything, I think he's undervalued because of his antics and because everyone got caught up in the whole "TJ is better" angle: Chad is an exceptional receiver who isn't quite on par with the elite few.

Moss and Fitzgerald could potentially go down as the best two WRs to ever play the game. So, no shame in not being as good as them.

I'd say Ocho is better than Terrel Owens. I've watched Johnson make some amazing snags, he has tremendous hands, can really dig for the ball, and he makes Carson Palmer look better than he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes