PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJPatsfan26

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well its been 3 and 1/2 hours since the game. 10 - 1 and with the news that Gronk may be okay makes the loss easier to handle. It seems this is what the NFL wanted tonight and they got it. I hope we meet the Broncos again in the post season so we can shut them up with more on the line.

Also now we dont have to worry about getting the perfect season done which seems to add more pressure as the season goes on.

We're onto the Eagles.

LETS GO PATS

like you I'm just happy we get to watch Gronk in January, seeing him on the cart put things into perspective. Get a bye and see everyone 2nd week of the playoffs.

I can't say that I'm "happy" about having the burden removed, but I can say that I never believed that we'd get there, and I think some people were making a lot of assumptions and looking past some challenging match ups, particularly on the road.

Here's something to consider: how ****ty would it have been to go 16-0 in the regular season, only to lose in the postseason again? It'd have been devastating, and the national media would have basked in that glory. Now, we're a game up on HFA and everyone will forget about it by next weekend's games.

I can't say that I'm "happy" about having the burden removed, but I can say that I never believed that we'd get there, and I think some people were making a lot of assumptions and looking past some challenging match ups, particularly on the road.

Here's something to consider: how ****ty would it have been to go 16-0 in the regular season, only to lose in the postseason again? It'd have been devastating, and the national media would have basked in that glory. Now, we're a game up on HFA and everyone will forget about it by next weekend's games.

that is very satisfying to think about.

So thankful Gronk was able to walk without crutches or a brace. Screw the loss. It's not important. The long-term health of our team is.

that is very satisfying to think about.

I think the only difference between the 2 loss seasons of 2003, 2004, and 2010 were the fact that we went a bit further into the season without losing a game this year.

That helped fuel the thought that they may go undefeated. Other than that, it was way too early to even consider it. I always said that I'd start thinking about it if we got to 13-0 or so. Like you said, time to look forward.

Until Halloween, this was my fav NEP team. Just felt they had it all : dominant, adaptable D/air-tight STs/young and deep D. The group that ended that game - on all three - was so decimated by injury that the team I speak of was no more.

Maybe a few of the starters return and get things on track. I fear injuries may have derailed something very special.

I am never happy when we lose, when I woke up this morning I had the same feeling after the 2007 Superbowl loss.. and a very bad taste in my mouth.

Any glee over the injury to Gronkowski is premature.. you never know until all the tests are done..

The undefeated stuff is more of a media creation, than something that the Pats are not concerned about... two more starters did not finish last night, not happy at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News