PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski, Shirtless Light, Others Partied Hard After Super Bowl Loss (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had a conversation with an Olympian who competed in China in '08. He told me how the Olympic Village became an orgy for participants once their competitions were over. Between the European, Americans and Aussies... it was an open f**kfest. Attractive, fit,and young....months of pent-up repression/aggression all unleashed...often just hours after competition.
So give the Gronk a break....just following the pattern of all great athletes

Probably wasnt male on male though..............

They probably party like that after every game win or lose, no biggie!

They can do whatever they want... they played hard, its a career for them. After a hard day at work I have a few ****tails and get crazy as well... it is what it is. They played hard, they deserve it... as far as im concerned, this is the start of off season for them- I wish I was at this party drunk as ****; I bet it was a hella time!

Have no idea why this is even a story. The Pats can not possibly be the first losing team from the Super Bowl to have a planned party after the game. Why of all years do the media print this crap? Just tells me there is lots of Pats hate out there.

Dancing with a bunch of guys with your shirt off twirling it around, humping on the floor with a bunch of guys, chest bumping a bunch of guys over and over, grinding with a bunch of guys....badly badly dancing with a bunch of guys. Oh that video I saw is just so "awkward" LMFAO.

Rob seemed too really really really enjoy himself.

Thats because a few minutes before this video was taken, Rob got the news that Ochocinco won't be back next season :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thats because a few minutes before this video was taken, Rob got the news that Ochocinco won't be back next season :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bet you were in that video celebrating with him. Getting your grind on!

At least we know why Ocho never really "got it"... Brings a whole new meaning to the Patriot Way!:gossip:

ESPN's First Take debated this this morning. One of the panelists could not get over that they were "celebrating losing".

Scary that the voices of reason for me were Skip Bayless and Eric Mangini. Eric basically said (and I agree) that they weren't celebrating a loss. They were letting off some steam. I'll add and of course they were liquored up. I viewed the party as a form of escapism. They just finished a crushing defeat and wanted to forget the reality for a bit. Why do people drink? To forget their troubles. What happens when you drink? You get stupid. As far as Gronks ankle goes-big difference between doing a little shuffle on the dance floor than playing Tight End in an NFL game.
Eric also added, some of these guys have a close bond, involving families and some won't be back next year, so it's a last chance to get together.

You ever have a bad day at work and go do something to relax? I'm sure 99% of us have and that's fine.

Why is it any different if you play in the National Football League?

Yeah losing sucked and I'm still bummed if I think about it but I'm trying not to dwell on it because nothing's going to change I just like thinking about the bright future this team has and we'll be right in the thick of things next year with a better team too, imo.

Arrington, Moore, Chunt and McCourty is a backfield I can be happy with. Add in a healthy Dowling and keep Carter and Anderson and I think our D is only going to get better.

Kid's only 22. He should be partying.

Light, on the other hand should be released ASAP because he's an awful player.

Kid's only 22. He should be partying.

Light, on the other hand should be released ASAP because he's an awful player.

LOLOLOL Hell no. He has been a good player at LT. He was better this year than the previous two.

I put a pic of Light in my sig. It's of him being beaten badly by Chris Canty, 2nd & 8, 6:06 to go in the third.

Light had a great season, and he probably still has some gas in the tank.

However, he and many other players could have played just a bit better on Sunday.

Last edited:
Cripe, I know coaches and players that were on the 4 lost SB trips of the Bills. They did the same thing after every one. Doesn't mean they don't feel bad about losing.
Are they suppose to sit in their rooms and cry and type their sorrow on message boards?

Nothing to see here.

Absolutely PNM!! This board is crawling with judgmental, self-righteous, duckheaded prigs. What should they have done, gone to their rooms and drunk themselves into a stupor? (Some probably did.) Put a bag over their heads and hide in shame? Find some sackcloth and ashes and wallow in humiliation? How about some self-flagellation?

This team gave us a hell of a ride this year. Be grateful and wish them well and hope they ameliorated some of the awful sting of losing that game at that party. Not all players were there, but I hope the ones who were had a good time.

How can a fan take it harder than the players?That is crazy.
They actually play the game. They compete. Fans watch.
You cannot have ever played a competitive sport if you can equate the feeling of competing and losing to the feeling of the team you want to win losing a game you have absolutely nothing to do with, much less saying an observer cares more than a competitor.
This has to be one of the most ill-informed opinions ever posted on this board.

I don't know about you Andy, but I have had more than a couple teammates who did not care at all about anything but themselves. I think that there are many, many fans of teams that do care more about wins and losses than athletes (based on my own experiences as a collegiate athlete).

I have witnessed post-game fights in the locker room over alleged indifference, stat-padding and players that were more concerned with how their hair looked than how the team performed.

I get what you're saying but you're equally guilty of generalizing here. The locker room is full of all types, good and bad, smart and completely idiotic.

At any rate, from a pure PR and public perception standpoint, this story appears to be not helpful and I admit that I was not exactly thrilled when I saw it.

I do understand that this was not never meant to be seen so I am not blaming the Pats organization either.

The main reason this "incident" doesn't bother me is because I know how much the team, and winning, mean to Light and Gronk. They were processing residual nerves/adrenaline in a harmless way. I'm sure they feel awful about the game.

Also, I don't know if this has been noted elsewhere but that party was sponsored by the Patriots.

Last edited:
Players partying, at a team party...... oh the horror. :yawn2: :p

Greetings,
Apparently Rodney Harrison did not think it was the right thing to do.

Ex-New England Patriots player Rodney Harrison -- Rob Gronkowski partying 'not right' - ESPN Boston
Quote:
"I guarantee you this, if Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Richard Seymour or myself had been at that party, (Gronkowski) probably would have got his head rung," said Harrison, who admitted he has not seen the video or photos of Gronkowski dancing at the party. "There's no reason for that to happen."

"When we lost the Super Bowl, any of my Super Bowl losses, I was so devastated the last thing I ever wanted to do was party, let alone dance or take off your shirt," he added. "It's just immaturity. It's not right. He made a mistake and I'm sure he feels absolutely stupid about it at this point. There's a time and place for everything."

Celticboy04

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3