PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski, Shirtless Light, Others Partied Hard After Super Bowl Loss (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please make more sweeping generalizations about our fan base?

its not about the fanbase as much as it is about THIS board. And JC is right. Keep in mind his join date verses yours. He may be a chargers fan, but he's a good poster, and he would know more about this boards posters than you. Just sayin

All I could say is **** them all. They don't deserve to party, they are losers. Only winners should party after a WIN. You think the ******* Ravens partied after the loss in the Afccg ? **** them all, party back in Boston a few weeks after the loss. **** them all the no class losing ************s. I now officially hate any of those who partied while I sit here sick to my stomach. **** em all.

so you'll be jumping off the wagon then?

I personally wouldnt be dancing afterward, but im not going to be mad at them. They had a helluva season, and its ok to celebrate that. Its not like they were dancing with Giants players. So lighten up Francis :D

Meh...personally i don't understand this even if i was in their shoes. I guess i'm not one to celebrate anything after a defeat of any kind.

Last edited:
I was at a Super Bowl party I got very drunk and danced around I guess I am a terrible fan. Both of the guys in this picture busted their asses off for 7 months one of these guys went out and played when he should have been having surgery and he was inches from catching a hail mary.

if the giants would have lost , you guys would have ripped them if they celebrated afterwards

that's my thought on it

and if somehow the jets had got to the sb and celebrated after a loss

yeah, it would have been the biggest topic on this board, easily, and you'd be seeing "this is why the jets aren't a legit team" type stuff

celebrating right after a huge loss....very very weird

Yeah, agreed. I don't think it's worth freaking out over, but I definitely don't like it that they're out partying after losing the SB. The people who are writing it off as being nothing at all, of course, are the same people who would be most vocal if it was the Jets.

For those that don't understand...

Do you understand what it's like, when lying defeated in a locker room, to be grabbed by the elbow by a reporter, in your own misery, and shoved in a box, like a criminal in a Nazi interrogation room, and answer questions about how you cost your team and fan base the biggest game of their lives? They do this immediately after the game to make sure they get every ounce of genuine misery and suffering of you on tape to show the whole world because this makes somebody a lot of money.

Do you understand what it's like to have your wife harrassed by a bunch of idiotic football fans because you lost a football game?

Do you understand what it's like to be a football player who is asked to parade in front of the country and put on a show above and beyond what should be expected of an athlete?

Do you understand what it's like to have your every word, every curse word, every move, every vacation, weighed in public or national TV and judged by a bunch of strangers?

Do you understand what it's like to go back to work and humilated by a coach in front of 50 other men for how bad you sucked on the field in front of a film of you making a mistake that may have cost your team the game? Does your boss do this to you? Do you do this to your employees? Would you not sue the crap out of them if this actually happened at your work place?

Do you understand what it's like to be expected to put on an image of perfection, when you are just another man, with all of this other crap going on 24/7?

Do you understand what it's like to have millions of strangers call you the worst names, insults, and obscenities in public, internet, and everywhere you go because you lost a football game? Sometimes even if you win. And if not, it's bound to come from the other fan base.

Do you understand what it's like to deal with fanatics who write death threats for missing FG's or fumbling a ball and scaring your entire family?

Do you understand your governor, senator and president gets away with more crap? They're just better shielded.

No. You probably don't. And neither do I. It might look bad. But I can at least be thoughtful of all of the above.

And I would imagine it's kind of like getting out of prison after a 40 year sentence with 1 day left to live. That's probably what they feel. "Screw what anyone else thinks. I just want to feel a little bit of happiness for an hour or two because all of this completely drained me and makes me feel like crap, completely useless, like a failure and I need to recharge."

Last edited:
Gronk is just a kid. Light is a 30+ yr old married father of three.
Highly embarrassing!
Good point by D & C this morning. What if that was a picture of Lebron James partying like that a couple of hours after losing a chmapionship??
He'd be getting crushed coast to coast.

For those that don't understand...

Do you understand what it's like, when lying defeated in a locker room, to be grabbed by the elbow by a reporter, in your own misery, and shoved in a box, like a criminal in a Nazi interrogation room, and answer questions about how you cost your team and fan base the biggest game of their lives? They do this immediately after the game to make sure they get every ounce of genuine misery and suffering of you on tape to show the whole world because this makes somebody a lot of money.

Do you understand what it's like to have your wife harrassed by a bunch of idiotic football fans because you lost a football game?

Do you understand what it's like to be a football player who is asked to parade in front of the country and put on a show above and beyond what should be expected of an athlete?

Do you understand what it's like to have your every word, every curse word, every move, every vacation, weighed in public or national TV and judged by a bunch of strangers?

Do you understand what it's like to go back to work and humilated by a coach in front of 50 other men for how bad you sucked on the field in front of a film of you making a mistake that may have cost your team the game? Does your boss do this to you? Do you do this to your employees? Would you not sue the crap out of them if this actually happened at your work place?

Do you understand what it's like to be expected to put on an image of perfection, when you are just another man, with all of this other crap going on 24/7?

Do you understand what it's like to have millions of strangers call you the worst names, insults, and obscenities in public, internet, and everywhere you go because you lost a football game? Sometimes even if you win. And if not, it's bound to come from the other fan base.

Do you understand what it's like to deal with fanatics who write death threats for missing FG's or fumbling a ball and scaring your entire family?

Do you understand your governor, senator and president gets away with more crap? They're just better shielded.

No. You probably don't. And neither do I. It might look bad. But I can at least be thoughtful of all of the above.

And I would imagine it's kind of like getting out of prison after a 40 year sentence with 1 day left to live. That's probably what they feel. "Screw what anyone else thinks. I just want to feel a little bit of happiness for an hour or two because all of this completely drained me and makes me feel like crap, completely useless, like a failure and I need to recharge."

Way to Godwin the thread, genius. I guess this means that you've come down off of your "the Giants don't even deserve to be in the SB!" pedestal? Considering how memorably you managed to go all-in on such an asinine premise, I wouldn't think that it would be too much to hope that you'd actually learned something from the experience. Apparently you didn't.

Breer was on sports hub this morning and said that the party was set up long in advance as a victory celebration, like every team does. He said he got there around 2:30 after being at the Giants party since he had covered them all week. He said by all accounts players didn't show up and go wild. They got there and the mood was somber and the players all started pounding back drinks. Time goes on and more and more drinks are getting slammed and then everybody starts jumping on stage going wild and blowing off steam.

He said if you think these guys didn't wake up the next morning feeling ten times worse between the hangover and the agony of the reality of losing you're crazy and don't know this team. He reiterated again and again that after 09 BB painstakingly built this to be a team that cared and got it.

People have been really critical of Breer this year for an anti Patriot slant that I haven't really agreed with but this isn't a Patriots suck up by any means.

AKA we can put this one to bed, nothing to see here, move along, this isn't the controversy you're looking for.

Breer was on sports hub this morning and said that the party was set up long in advance as a victory celebration, like every team does. He said he got there around 2:30 after being at the Giants party since he had covered them all week. He said by all accounts players didn't show up and go wild. They got there and the mood was somber and the players all started pounding back drinks. Time goes on and more and more drinks are getting slammed and then everybody starts jumping on stage going wild and blowing off steam.

He said if you think these guys didn't wake up the next morning feeling ten times worse between the hangover and the agony of the reality of losing you're crazy and don't know this team. He reiterated again and again that after 09 BB painstakingly built this to be a team that cared and got it.

People have been really critical of Breer this year for an anti Patriot slant that I haven't really agreed with but this isn't a Patriots suck up by any means.

AKA we can put this one to bed, nothing to see here, move along, this isn't the controversy you're looking for.
Bingo, we have Bingo.... a common sense answer.

"Enough common sense is genius" or something like that.

From Gisele's comments and now this, it is just another media non-troversy, the season is over, the party was planned.. these guys have been on lock down for a week.. time to move on.

Perhaps it is gallows humor, but who cares.. if they all put on sack cloth and ashes would it have been better, after so much pressure a need to let loose.

It is no big deal for many of us, all it does is sell newspapers, generate twitter followers or facebook fans.

It is much ado about nothing.. it had nothing to do with what happened on the field Sunday night.

Last edited:
Dancing with a bunch of guys with your shirt off twirling it around, humping on the floor with a bunch of guys, chest bumping a bunch of guys over and over, grinding with a bunch of guys....badly badly dancing with a bunch of guys. Oh that video I saw is just so "awkward" LMFAO.

Rob seemed too really really really enjoy himself.

Way to Godwin the thread, genius. I guess this means that you've come down off of your "the Giants don't even deserve to be in the SB!" pedestal? Considering how memorably you managed to go all-in on such an asinine premise, I wouldn't think that it would be too much to hope that you'd actually learned something from the experience. Apparently you didn't.

What exactly is it that I am supposed to learn from this experience? That I'm supposed to be miserable over a football game, a mistake, instead of learning how to take a loss, being able to enjoy myself for the accomplishments that have been achieved, get over it, move on and get ready for the 2012 season which has already begun?

What's asinine is that you remember that, but don't even remember the actual premise or point of my argument and you are as off the mark now as you were two weeks ago. This is precisely why I said what I said, because of people who use things, half-ass, out of context without actually understanding what the hell is really going on.

The point of the thread was that we didn't deserve to face another weak 9-7 Giants team in a Super Bowl who had no accomplishments to bring to the table and nothing to lose. And you apparently have no idea of the competition between a man or team who has everything to lose fighting one who has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

There's a reason boxers don't fight scrubs without belts and take a larger share of the pot if they do decide to take them on.

I don't know.... You celebrate when you win and mourn when you don't. Isn't that what we are doing and have been doing since Sunday night? They can do as they please but I think a lower profile was really in order.

Yeah, agreed. I don't think it's worth freaking out over, but I definitely don't like it that they're out partying after losing the SB. The people who are writing it off as being nothing at all, of course, are the same people who would be most vocal if it was the Jets.

Speaking as someone who couldn't care less about this, I think you're off base here.

I don't know.... You celebrate when you win and mourn when you don't. Isn't that what we are doing and have been doing since Sunday night? They can do as they please but I think a lower profile was really in order.

I'm in the same train of thought.

I'm not asking them to weep bitterly in their hotel room, or not go out, but I can't ever, ever, ever, remember a losing Super Bowl team with players literally "partying" after a loss.

It would be great to see pictures or articles of the Steelers, Colts, and Cardinals players the past three years doing the same thing.

What does Susie Light have to say about this?

I'm in the same train of thought.

I'm not asking them to weep bitterly in their hotel room, or not go out, but I can't ever, ever, ever, remember a losing Super Bowl team with players literally "partying" after a loss.

It would be great to see pictures or articles of the Steelers, Colts, and Cardinals players the past three years doing the same thing.

because you didn't see it doesn't mean it never happened.

I recently had a conversation with an Olympian who competed in China in '08. He told me how the Olympic Village became an orgy for participants once their competitions were over. Between the European, Americans and Aussies... it was an open f**kfest. Attractive, fit,and young....months of pent-up repression/aggression all unleashed...often just hours after competition.
So give the Gronk a break....just following the pattern of all great athletes

Last edited:
because you didn't see it doesn't mean it never happened.

Sure.

But the media would be all over it if they were dancing like Gronk and Light. Any team or player. The media loves this type of stuff and they're at all these after parties and pre parties during Super Bowl week.

They wouldn't forget to report seeing Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday dancing shirtless in Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft