PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk works hard to join the party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also .. Jordan Richards hanging there for his life in NFL..

7. Safety Jordan Richards, the Patriots' 2015 second-round draft choice out of Stanford, told me last week that he is changing up his offseason approach by spending the entire offseason in Foxborough. Last year, he had returned home to California for parts of the offseason. Richards (5-11, 210) played 239 defensive snaps as a rookie, but only 18 this past season in part because of a knee injury (the first time he's experienced an injury in football). Richards is the next man up if something happened to starter Patrick Chung.

Thanks, LD. BTW, does Reiss do quick hits year around?

Can't remember for offseason. After Draft might take some time off like the rest..
I happen to know Reiss takes a family vacation in southern Maine in early July.

I'm not worried at all about Gronk's work ethic. I'm concerned that he needs to work out smarter. I don't like hearing that he pushed back against Brady about flexibility training. A big guy like Gronk can get musclebound easily if all they do is lift and run and that leads to easy ligament damage. I hope that isn't the direction he chooses to go down out of stubbornness but I fear we have already seen the first signs of it

I'm not worried at all about Gronk's work ethic. I'm concerned that he needs to work out smarter. I don't like hearing that he pushed back against Brady about flexibility training. A big guy like Gronk can get musclebound easily if all they do is lift and run and that leads to easy ligament damage. I hope that isn't the direction he chooses to go down out of stubbornness but I fear we have already seen the first signs of it
4853288-5135347044-ivan-.jpg

IF HE PLAYS, HE PLAYS.

Where did you read Gronk pushed back on Brady re: flexibility training?

I think this fan base needs to cool on thinking TB12 and Guerrero have discovered this tried and true training and diet regimine that greatly reduces the likelihood of injury and prolongs careers.

Let's see Tom play TE for 900 snaps and take shots from TJ Ward, Earl Thomas , Kam Chancellor and smash against LBs and DEs on running plays 30 times a game and then we can be more informed if pilates, avocado ice cream and grilled turnips extend NFL careers.

I think this fan base needs to cool on thinking TB12 and Guerrero have discovered this tried and true training and diet regimine that greatly reduces the likelihood of injury and prolongs careers.

Let's see Tom play TE for 900 snaps and take shots from TJ Ward, Earl Thomas , Kam Chancellor and smash against LBs and DEs on running plays 30 times a game and then we can be more informed if pilates, avocado ice cream and grilled turnips extend NFL careers.
Seriously. He plays the most protected positition in the game. He's definitely not running that seam route.
But I do believe it has some benefits for sure.

Seriously. He plays the most protected positition in the game. He's definitely not running that seam route.

It's really getting out of hand.

I believe what Tom does helps him.

I believe it's absolutely a healthy lifestyle.

I don't believe it helps or can help everyone at every position in the NFL just as much as it does Tom.

Everyone has different physiological structures and demands on their body.

To say what Tom does will help Gronk and greatly reduce injury is speculation.

Last edited:
I happen to know Reiss takes a family vacation in southern Maine in early July.
Gate code is 0864. House key is under a rock in the planter. Spare car key is in a jar of nails in the garage. Oh wait what were we talking about?

It's really getting out of hand.

I believe what Tom does helps him.

I believe it's absolutely a healthy lifestyle.

I don't believe it helps or can help everyone at every position in the NFL just as much as it does Tom.

Everyone has different physiological structures and demands on their body.

To say what Tom does will help Gronk is speculation.
Yup. Gronk's playing style also lends to plenty of injuries, few of which have been ligament related... other than the knee. Being pliable wouldn't have saved him from the missile that was TJ Ward.

Last edited:
Gate code is 0864. House key is under a rock in the planter. Spare car key is in a jar of nails in the garage. Oh wait what were we talking about?
Lol.

Only reason I know that is a fishing buddy of mine is friends with brother.

I have no doubt gronk will be himself when he hits the field next year. For his off field personality he has a hard work ethic.

I can only hope he stays on the field next year because this offense with cooks, gronk, edelman can be really special.

I have no doubt gronk will be himself when he hits the field next year. For his off field personality he has a hard work ethic.

I can only hope he stays on the field next year because this offense with cooks, gronk, edelman can be really special.
NE has a shot at entering the league as the most balanced team - offense, defense (which still needs some work) and special teams.

Ok great that was 2002
My point was he gets hit every game and not where he can protect himself either. Gronk is 270 and some defenders just bounce off him so they have to lunge at his knees to bring him down. As for being used as a blocker, it's a lot less poundage than you think. He's a very big, strong guy. Brady takes a lot of blind side hits and pops up easily (most of the time). But I think it's apple and oranges to a point. Gronk is just injury prone and it has nothing to do with his toughness. Not saying either that doing "Brady exercises" will reduce his injuries. That Earl Thomas hit would snap a normal person in half.

Obviously some positions require tremendous strength and bulk. Brady himself has said this though and admits that the training requirements are different for Linebacker that it is for the kicker... However, that does not mean that some of the flexibility stuff would not help him or anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes