PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grizzlies: The Offensive Front Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly a news flash but I saw this in Reiss' blog

"The offensive tackle is a very interesting board," he said. Part of what makes it interesting is that there is less concern with a group of tackles when projecting them to guard than what there would normally be."

Nick Fairley + New England Patriots = Pro Bowler | National Football Post

Patriots like players with flexibility along the line, watch those Tackles to Guard candidates closely in rounds 2-4.

Well said, sir: I am targeting two such conversions, myself, in those rounds, even though my game plan includes a ~ purely theoretical ~ rapprochement with Logan Mankins.

I was just about to post a questions "Should the Patriots have drafted a guard in rounds 2 or 3?"

The verdicts are mixed.

Fan favorite Danny Watkins is not doing well in Philly
"He has been a worrisome cog in a shaky offensive line, and he's also trying to adjust to life in a new city where his work life is closely dissected."

Eagles rookie Watkins: Transition to NFL "definitely overwhelming" | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/06/2011

but the Bengals are ready to give Clint Boiling a shot
"He’s a smart guy," Cook said. "Very athletic. He has a lot potential … whether it's games or practices or scrimmages or line drills, we’ve had a chance to work together, so I think we’ll be all right."

Bengals on guard for Sunday

In the short term Waters is likely better than any rookie, I am not sold on running backs in the first couple of rounds. IMO RBs are a dime a dozen, I would rather over draft for the offensive and defensive lines but that is qhy BB is 35 years in the league.

Holy CRAP, CJ!! :lol2: :rocker:

Timely and refreshing points, sir...

Give me a day or three for a more cogent response: I'm still working through the Malaise that Coach Bill The Mad's indecipherable cuts have imposed on my Spirit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back