PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Jennings spurned Pats offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, I basically agree with you and hear you, but the stubborn refusal to get a pass rush or a good db since ***ante, has has cost us. We had Marquice Cole covering Boldin in a championship game? You can't expect to win like that. It's ludicirous. This is where I believe BB's ego comes into play. He wants to show the league, hell, he can insert a WR at DB and still win. This formula is working for getting us to the playoffs, but we can't win big games against good teams when it really matters.

Its not a 'stubborn refusal'. Every team wants to be good at everything. It doesn't happen by waiving a wand. And it surely doesn't happen by thinking one overpriced player solves the problem without creating others.
We had Marquice Cole covering Bolden because Dowling, drafted #33 was injured, Butler drafted in the 2nd round failed, Bodden, a big FA acquisition had a career ending injury, and Talib, who was traded for to bloster the position was injured, and McCourty had to be moved to S.
You cannot say the philosophy of building a team is at fault for injuries causing the 5th corner to break camp to have to be on the field. What team had a 5th corner better than Cole at the start of last year?

The rest about ego, and some dividing line between winning in the regular season, and being one of the top playoff teams, but falling a little short, is really senseless. We are 2 plays away from having won 2 of the last 6 SBs. We didn't fall a play short because of a philosophical flaw or ego.

Andy, I basically agree with you and hear you, but the stubborn refusal to get a pass rush or a good db since ***ante, has has cost us. We had Marquice Cole covering Boldin in a championship game? You can't expect to win like that. It's ludicirous. This is where I believe BB's ego comes into play. He wants to show the league, hell, he can insert a WR at DB and still win. This formula is working for getting us to the playoffs, but we can't win big games against good teams when it really matters.

Huh? The Pats traded up to get Chandler Jones to get a pass rush. They had two of the best pass rushers of the last decade in for a visit on Friday even if they are bit long in the tooth.

The Pats have drafted a half dozen or so DBs in the first and second round since Asante left. Yes, most of them have been busts, but to say they haven't addressed the issue is ludicrous. Arguing they did a poor job of it is valid though.

Again, paying for marquee free agents is a crap shoot. They could have paid Mario Williams a fortune to come here to to produce the same amount of sacks that Andre Carter or Mark Anderson produced the year before.

I don't know why I'm entertaining this outright denial of our defensive suckyness, but here goes:
2012- 25th in yds/game, #23 in total points allowed
2011-I have decided I dont have time for this....

You can look it up yourself, quite mediocre to straight up bad.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Huh? The Pats traded up to get Chandler Jones to get a pass rush. They had two of the best pass rushers of the last decade in for a visit on Friday even if they are bit long in the tooth.

The Pats have drafted a half dozen or so DBs in the first and second round since Asante left. Yes, most of them have been busts, but to say they haven't addressed the issue is ludicrous. Arguing they did a poor job of it is valid though.

Again, paying for marquee free agents is a crap shoot. They could have paid Mario Williams a fortune to come here to to produce the same amount of sacks that Andre Carter or Mark Anderson produced the year before.

Talk about cherrypicking Rob. This is the 1st DE in I can't remember when, that we traded "up" to get, and barely at that. And talk about hyperbole, the Redskins?! Seriously?! LOL. Their style is a complete 180 degrees from us. I'm certainly not advocating their own brand of foolishness. Some players are slam dunks and you pay them. Megatron?, Revis, Pat Willis, etc.

I don't know why I'm entertaining this outright denial of our defensive suckyness, but here goes:

Don't know if you know this but on defense it is better to give up LESS points and that link shows that the Patriots allowed 331 points, less than 22 other teams....
That means that they were tied for the 9th best in terms of points allowed....

Talk about cherrypicking Rob. This is the 1st DE in I can't remember when, that we traded "up" to get, and barely at that. And talk about hyperbole, the Redskins?! Seriously?! LOL. Their style is a complete 180 degrees from us. I'm certainly not advocating their own brand of foolishness. Some players are slam dunks and you pay them. Megatron?, Revis, Pat Willis, etc.

Not cherry picking. The Pats have tried to get pass rushers in the past. They don't believe in overpaying for them though. Andre Carter and Mark Anderson were others. Haynesworth was an attempt, but a miss. They traded for Derrick Burgess, but that didn't pan out. They have attempted to improve the pass rush. Again, you can say their efforts have sucked though.

Yes, Megatron, Revis, and Patrick Willis are slam dunk players. Can you please explain to me how in the world the Pats would ever have a shot to get any of them? They should get Andrew Luck to replace Brady too. I am sure if the Jets would trade Revis to the Pats, Belichick would attempt to trade for him and not just the bogus Incarcerated Bob rumor.

23rd in points allowed? You were only about 14 slots off, but the difference between being 9th in the league and 23rd is so insignifigant it really shouldn't affect your point at all. :rolleyes:

Don't know if you know this but on defense it is better to give up LESS points and that link shows that the Patriots allowed 331 points, less than 22 other teams....
That means that they were tied for the 9th best in terms of points allowed....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

so, that makes them 23rd.
23rd worst at giving up points.

You tards force me to dig deeper. I agree the D was better in 2012. Better from the bottom of the barrel ain't saying a lot.
2011- again 31st in total yards/game, 18th in pts/g (harldy impressive)
28th in the all important 3rd down conversions( you know the plays that matter and where we coudn't stop a kleenex on D)?
How can anyone in this forum say this defense has been good, with a straight face?

And scouring the league for low budget castoffs and geriatrics ain't gonna cut it in todays NFL.
Andre Carter was a find, but of course injured when it mattered. This is the risk with geriatrics, they fall apart, especially come playoff time.

Ummm, you don't know how to read what you linked. They were 9th in ppg.

Additionally, you said 'for many years' and 'since 2007' and I gave you those rankings too.

You tards force me to dig deeper. I agree the D was better in 2012. Better from the bottom of the barrel ain't saying a lot.
2011- again 31st in total yards/game, 18th in pts/g (harldy impressive)
28th in the all important 3rd down conversions( you know the plays that matter and where we coudn't stop a kleenex on D)?
How can anyone in this forum say this defense has been good, with a straight face?

Tards? Is it 1988 and are you twelve?

2010-#25 in total yards, a respectable #8 in pts/g, #1 worst team in 3rd down conversions! 47%! Awful. And you know damn well that was due to lack of pass rush and garbage dbs. :bricks:

2010-#25 in total yards, a respectable #8 in pts/g, #1 worst team in 3rd down conversions! 47%! Awful. And you know damn well that was due to lack of pass rush and garbage dbs. :bricks:

He isn't wrong no matter how you try and spin it.

8th or 24th?

And scouring the league for low budget castoffs and geriatrics ain't gonna cut it in todays NFL.
Andre Carter was a find, but of course injured when it mattered. This is the risk with geriatrics, they fall apart, especially come playoff time.

Unlike a young Mario Williams who played crap with a bad wrist last year? Seriously, you are really grasping at straws here.

Unlike a young Mario Williams who played crap with a bad wrist last year? Seriously, you are really grasping at straws here.

I'm grasping? Who said anything about Mario Williams, who I agree is grossly overpaid. Man, you have got to be the biggest homer on this board. You make Andy look fair and rational. Are you related to BB or something? ;)
This D has been quite bad for a long time. There's no way to spin this.

BTW, what do you think goes through the minds of young studs in the NFL? Do you think they want to come here and be nickel and dimed to death? Our reputation amongst the NFL players is at rock bottom. Unless they're old and washed up, and want a last ditch crack at a ring. Thank you again, Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back