PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell may have overstepped his bounds to help Rex Ryan bond with Santonio Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodell may have overstepped his bounds to help Rex Ryan bond with Santonio Holme

honestly.....blaming the jets for hiring coaches away from NE, and not the coaches who decided to jump off NE......

that's lunacy....

Re: Goodell may have overstepped his bounds to help Rex Ryan bond with Santonio Holme

honestly.....blaming the jets for hiring coaches away from NE, and not the coaches who decided to jump off NE......

that's lunacy....

No, actually, it was tampering on the part of the Jets.

If you're going to troll this issue, at least be smart enough to concede blatantly obvious points.

No, actually, it was tampering on the part of the Jets.

If you're going to troll this issue, at least be smart enough to concede blatantly obvious points.

you've got a poster here acting like the jets snuck in to foxboro and slapped a mind control device on some coaches and took them

it took two to tango.....

you've got a poster here acting like the jets snuck in to foxboro and slapped a mind control device on some coaches and took them

it took two to tango.....

Perhaps you should learn about the NFL's definition of tampering. You may* then be able to speak intelligently about the subject.

I don't always 100% agree with Peter King but I do here. He did a nice job articulating my thoughts when I read Bedard's column. Rex just can't shut up; the book seems to be one story after another revealing all his mastermind tactics of manipulating people and coaching the game — some of which is actually quite smart. But publicly boasting how clever he was manipulating both Holmes and Goodell is the sort of thing that will bite him in his big butt eventually.

But publicly boasting how clever he was manipulating both Holmes and Goodell is the sort of thing that will bite him in his big butt eventually.

Knowing Rex, he'd probably just consider that a perk.

I'd like to state an alternative interpretation of this article. Possibly this is Rex's ego talking and he is explaining away a disciplinary action, providing a reason that seems heroic for a behavior that clearly wasn't. Taking his word on things is pretty silly as I'm sure he's not a truthful man, particularly when ego is involved.

i always laugh at this, because if he was a jets fan, and there was some conspiracy , the jets would be sb champs

This is not evidence against favoritism.
This is evidence of the jet's unstoppable propensity for failure.

Last edited:

i think it may come as a big surprise to you that most non pats fans believe the commish buried the spygate thing because he's a "pats supporter"

i hear the same crap from every fan base "the commish likes (our rival) boo hoo"

every single fan base....well cept for the packers lol

what did goodell bury ? the person who needed to see the tapes, goodell, saw the tapes. the only rule the pats broke were nfl rules, so who else needs to see the tapes ? all you were going to see is cheerleaders and guys waving their arms and the clock.

what did goodell bury ? the person who needed to see the tapes, goodell, saw the tapes. the only rule the pats broke were nfl rules, so who else needs to see the tapes ? all you were going to see is cheerleaders and guys waving their arms and the clock.

I think the destroying of the evidence is more likely to have been to hide similar wrongdoing by the Rats.

I believe Jay Glazer, of NBC, is the guy who got a copy of the Spygate tapes and if there was more wrongdoing by the Pats he wouldn't have hesitated to let it be known.

He hasn't been shy about carry the Rats' water before. If you recall he was the guy who received video tape "evidence" of the Pats tripping players on the sidelines and statements from an anonymous former Pat now on the Rats practice squad saying that they did the same thing.

Remember how this was broadcast on the same weekend before the Pats played the Rats in the playoffs? Purely coincidental I'm sure. Issues like this are also supposed to be pursued through the league offices and not the media; another Rat violation that will be ignored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye