Welcome to PatsFans.com

Going to this weekend's game...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by blackglass3, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Mods, if this is the wrong area to post this I apoligize.

My older son and I are going to this weekends game (he's 5, it's his first one and he's very excited :) ) and I was wondering if anyone on here has used the train before? It sounds easy enough, and seems like it would be better than sitting in the hour of traffic leaving the game. Has anyone had any problems using it? I'll be coming up from NJ, so we'll be catching the train in Providence.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!
  2. JudyPatFan

JudyPatFan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I took the train on Oct. 4th and it worked well. I learned a lot about it from posts on this site. If you search a bit you can find them, or perhaps others who posted before will repeat their posts for you here. Judy
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0

I've read/heard things about taking the train from Boston to Foxboro but not Providence to Foxboro, but from what I can see it's a similar deal. You've probably already checked these sites out, but just in case you haven't here's what I found:

Official New England Patriots - Game Reports - Stadium Details
    MBTA > Riding the T > Patriots

MBTA > Schedules & Maps > Commuter Rail > Providence

As you can see from that map, it's a very short drive off I-95 to the train station in Providence. From what I've heard there is no need to leave the game early in order to catch the train departing after the game, in case you were wondering about that. Keep in mind it leaves thirty minutes after the game ends and not at a specified time, so you don't have to worry about the game running long.

Hope you two have a great time Sunday!
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Make sure to pack a rain pancho ... that's my advice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.