PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

God's Message And Some Draft History

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, the one, the only, Chris Canty. Oh yeah, and "Big Cat" Katzenmoyer, the reason the Pats won't draft LBs LOL

You do some excellent research, but the entire premise is flawed because it misuses the data. With as small a sample size as you are using, you cannot just equate #24 in the past with #24 now, you have to use ranges.

Just playing devil's advocate here since I already stated above that I'd rather have two picks rather than move up to get one.

Using your logic however, since you feel that ranges are appropriate then any pick on the top 5 should include ALL the players (save for the top 4 if we assume your picking at #5) available in the draft since your argument says that you should include all players available and not strictly a position for position analysis. If that were the case, and since this thought process is from a hindsight perspective, then wouldn't it be better take the top 5 pick (again strictly based on your argument) because then one can pick from a greater number of players?

Last edited:
Just playing devil's advocate here since I already stated above that I'd rather have two picks rather than move up to get one.

Using your logic however, since you feel that ranges are appropriate then any pick on the top 5 should include ALL the players (save for the top 4 if we assume your picking at #5) available in the draft since your argument says that you should include all players available and not strictly a position for position analysis. If that were the case, and since this thought process is from a hindsight perspective, then wouldn't it be better take the top 5 pick (again strictly based on your argument) because then one can pick from a greater number of players?

If money were not an issue, yes. Clearly your chances of getting a good player go up the more players available. But NE has proven that they can get just as good of a player at 1/10 the cost.

Good post and interesting read. I'd like to see converse, or the draft picks that have made it and gone on to be solid players. There are many.

As mentioned, there are so many variables, not to overlook the fact that attempting to find a trend in a certain draft order (e.g., 24 & 28) from year to year is flawed simply because of the way teams must adjust preferences based on the players remaining after each previous pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News