PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GO CANADA! Brady to be interviewed on Toronto Sports station tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately not very in depth though.
I for one am surprised ;)

I don't think anyone really expected to hear anything. If we were to analyze the way he spoke though, it does sound like he had some issues with his knees. Still he could've just been trying to avoid the question.

i will be interested to see how the press picks quotes out of this and comes to conclusions

i will be interested to see how the press picks quotes out of this and comes to conclusions

Im sure someone will quote someone who will say , it really is going bad meaning his rehab.. I think we are just going to brace ourselves for a lot of offseason questions, we just are going to have to wait 6 months till we know for sure.. But I really and truly believe that Brady will be back, and his arm will be better than ever..

Im sure someone will quote someone who will say , it really is going bad meaning his rehab.. I think we are just going to brace ourselves for a lot of offseason questions, we just are going to have to wait 6 months till we know for sure.. But I really and truly believe that Brady will be back, and his arm will be better than ever..

That's because of the Myomed! :D

Last edited:
I don't think anyone really expected to hear anything. If we were to analyze the way he spoke though, it does sound like he had some issues with his knees. Still he could've just been trying to avoid the question.

I don't think you can draw any conclusions from anything. He did start off saying his rehab is going "really well". So if you want to go on the absolute nothing he gave, you can actually infer that he might actually be on track.

BB to TB: Who told you to put the balm on? Did I tell you to put the balm on?

Post of the day!!!!! Freakin' FUNNNNNNNY!

Things that are Per Se Funny: Farts, Monkeys and any quote from "Jackie Childs".

Well played, Strongside.

I don't think you can draw any conclusions from anything. He did start off saying his rehab is going "really well". So if you want to go on the absolute nothing he gave, you can actually infer that he might actually be on track.

These are the conclusions I got:

Rehab is going well, he said it, all other reports can suck it. TFB said it was going well.

He will be with the Patriots next season, as he said he was looking forward to winning the Division.

That Balm/Cream company paid a whole lot of $$ to get TFB on the Radio.

If I had to guess why Brady's appearance was in Toronto, and not locally, I'd wonder if it was due to limitations about what he can and can't say about Myomed, the pain relief cream he was being paid to endorse, over American airwaves.

HE'S BAAAAAAACCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

19-0

Brady :youtheman:

Listening to you guys break this down is like hearing Madden run out of talking points. He said nothing, just like we all thought he wouldn't.

He can't say much cuz of the Cassel sitch anyway.

Here's some of the interview, according to another site:

----------

"Anyone who's come back from injuries that require surgery, it's just a process," he said. "There's some good days, some bad days, and you just got to keep plugging through them. That's life."

Brady was injured in the Patriots' first game of the season, underwent knee surgery in October and had to deal with subsequent procedures related to an infection. There have been varying reports as to his progress.

Speaking for about 10 minutes on Wednesday, Brady touched on everything from Barack Obama's inauguration to a sports creme he is promoting. Although he was forthcoming on many topics, a source told ESPN.com's Tim Graham that certain topics -- including girlfriend Gisele Bundchen -- were off limits.

Brady did not give a timetable for his return to the field but said he did miss the game.

"I'm in a new part of my career, and I'm excited about rehabilitation and different challenges," he said. "The tough part is you're not experiencing something you love to do. But you get over that and you focus on what you've got to focus on and you just say 'OK, well, it happened. We're moving on.'"

The Patriots went 16-0 in the regular season in 2007 but lost in the Super Bowl. Without Brady, the team posted an 11-5 mark this season but missed the playoffs. There's no guarantee that Brady comes back for the start of next season. But he said he's not getting down.

"Like I said, things come up and you just got to focus your energy and attention on all the positive things that you can gain," he said. "It tests you in a lot of ways."

I don't know about everyone else but I certainly feel better after listening to this interview.

Friday will be the one year anniversary of Philip Rivers' ACL surgery. Unless Brady is worse right now than Rivers was 2 days BEFORE he got his ACL fixed, I'm not worried.

Also Rivers injured his plant (right) leg while Brady injured his stride (left) leg. While both are obviously important, I would think it would take longer to rebuild timing/strength in your plant knee which bears a good amount of pressure...especially on deep throws.

I think Brady's challenge will be more mental. Being willing to stride normally without thinking about having his knee exposed and vulnerable.

I think Brady's challenge will be more mental. Being willing to stride normally without thinking about having his knee exposed and vulnerable.

That's where I've been worried too. But then all the Brady-Man-Love starts flowing knee deep and everyone talks about him like he's Rambo. I think he's mentally tough, but I can't imagine you don't flinch the first time a Safety comes racing at you.

In fact we may all cringe a little harder now when Brady gets sacked.

His "tone" while talking about his rehab sounded normal to me.

I'm not going ot compare his rehab to the rehab that I'm doing for a severely broken shoulder. They are two different injuries with two different goals.

One thing I can say is that rehab is no fun. It is hard work and painful. Gains each week are small. Over a month you notice them more. So when somone asks me how my rehab is going I usually respond with a quick "good".

So don't read anything into his tone as to how it is going. His may be going better than expected, as mine is, but it's hard to talk about it in glowing terms.

I think Brady's challenge will be more mental.

I hope you're right! If anyone can overcome that aspect of rehab it's TFB.

It was good to hear from him even tho his remarks were as vanilla as we expected:D

Mathematically - he's doing interviews and making the odd public appearance, both as a representative of the Pats - I think things are heading in the right direction.

Anybody know any good ex-Kremlin watchers?

We need one of those guys that would watch who was on the Politburo stand and draw conclusions.

If only some ex-KGB guy would also be a Patriots fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3