PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Law talking directly to Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the price is right, I will take him back in a heartbeat. Veteren expierence, and picture him as a flex player, sometimes at safety with him and hopefully a healthy Rodney, or him on the island with Geno and Rodney at safety hitting people. Plus, he would help out Gay, Samuel and Hobbs, showing them some things Law learned in his decade in the league. Geesh, even those 4 guys as corners would be very deep, not throwing in Warfield and Poteat and any draft picks to that group as well. Hopefully somebody doesn't throw a Brinks truck at him and give him way too much money, but seeing how most of the money isn't being thrown around like it was a few days into free agency, there is a good chance we could see #24 back in a Pats uni.

I also heard a report that the Poston's are also saying the Pats are interested in Arrington. I have to think that after a 10 INT season. Ty isn't interested in becoming a S and getting paid S $ rahter than elite CB $.

IMO the Poston's are putting this into the public square to help marketing their FA's. If I am wrong...great, we'll have signed him for the right price.

He's gone. He left. He won't be coming back. Get over it. Move on.

I would lose all respect for Ty if he crumbled and came back begging after turning down the offer two years ago. He has too much pride to do that.

The only reason the Postons are saying Law might come beck to NE is to raise the price for another team. Like they said Law turned down $6 mill from KC, and then he signed for $1 mil from the Jests.

Even if BB was talking to Ty about returning, you think he would continue now that Postons are using BB as a negotiating ploy?

BB signs under the radar.

spacecrime said:
Even if BB was talking to Ty about returning, you think he would continue now that Postons are using BB as a negotiating ploy?

BB signs under the radar.

You do not understand BB. It's ALL about what's better for the team. What the Postons do is irrelevant. The question remains...can Ty be signed for what BB & Pioli perceive is VALUE for the positions (CB & safety)? If so, they'll sign him. If not, as is probably more % wise likely, they won't. Jury's out.

I agree, it's all about percieved value with BB for both Law and Arrington. I don't think it's fair to say that BB does not do nusienss with Poston's client. I think it's more correct to say that the Poston's price their clients outside of BB's percieved value of those clients.
For my money however, Law has to prove to me that the foot is healed. I can't handle the vast parade of yellow hankies as well as the Jets fans did.
Arrington has to prove to me that he's smart enough to learn 19 game plans a year. I know a lot of people said he free lanced, however in my mind, it looked more like he know where he was supposed to be. Greg Williams is a whale of a DC and if he couldn't handle Arrington, I'm not sure what BB additional schemes BB could come up with to get this guy straightened out.

patsfan13 said:
I have to think that after a 10 INT season. Ty isn't interested in becoming a S and getting paid S $ rahter than elite CB $.

That's really too bad. At this point in his career I think he'd make an outstanding S. I've been sort of hoping he would see the light enough to consider coming back to the Pats in that role and for a reasonable salary. Realistically I know that's not going to happen. He has way too much ego and his agents are way too souless.

Last edited:
Ty was one of my favorite players. Even if he's not the same player today, I'd love to see him stuff that fat belly back in a Pats uni.

The agent is just using the Pats to drive up the price. Ty is meeting with BB "face to face" to see if they are interested, BB says no, Ty asks if they can use the Pats name as an interested team, BB says sure, and that is why we are linked with Ty Law. If Ty can't find a team, i am sure BB has given him a figure that they would be willing to pay if he can't find something else. I would love to have Ty back if he does not break the bank, i don't think it will happen. If it does, i would love to come on here and say i was wrong.

I think it's funny that, two years ago and now today, Ty Law has to do the talking with the Pats. My guess is that, after the Postons lied to Belichick's face during the Milloy negotiations, the Pats absolutely refuse to even so much as have a phone conversation with the Poston brothers.

PatsWickedPissah said:
You do not understand BB. It's ALL about what's better for the team. What the Postons do is irrelevant. The question remains...can Ty be signed for what BB & Pioli perceive is VALUE for the positions (CB & safety)? If so, they'll sign him. If not, as is probably more % wise likely, they won't. Jury's out.
Nice to see someone who gets it. So many people want to bring factors into the equation that BB just doesn't care about. He doesn't care about the Postons, what Law may have said in 2004 or what public statements they may make right now. Belichick will simply look at 2 things:

1) The quality of player we are getting, and
2) How much it will cost us.

The rest is just nonsense and fan speculation.

Remember, the Poston's or Ty can say whatever they want about who's interested. If the team says they're not interested it could be against the CBA, collusion.

Typical MO for the Poston's. I agree for the right price and right role, BB could care less about what was said before, he is aware this is just business, and Law never gave less than his best on the field.

Good observation about the flags with the Jets last year.

I agree if the money is right and BB thinks he can play he would do it..I think Law wishes to return to ge the Patriots interception record..you think?? He does know the system so??? I would not hesitate at all to see him back.

Boston Boxer said:
The agent is just using the Pats to drive up the price. Ty is meeting with BB "face to face" to see if they are interested, BB says no, Ty asks if they can use the Pats name as an interested team, BB says sure, and that is why we are linked with Ty Law. If Ty can't find a team, i am sure BB has given him a figure that they would be willing to pay if he can't find something else. I would love to have Ty back if he does not break the bank, i don't think it will happen. If it does, i would love to come on here and say i was wrong.

I disagree. Judging by this line, it sounds to me like Ty wants to come back so he's letting the Patriots know what the going price is.

''The talks have been on the level of Ty and Bill and nothing else," Poston said. ''It's been more of a feeling-out process. As I receive some offers on Ty, I'll present them to the Patriots and see what they think and what they can do."

Pats726 said:
I agree if the money is right and BB thinks he can play he would do it..I think Law wishes to return to ge the Patriots interception record..you think?? He does know the system so??? I would not hesitate at all to see him back.
I think his primary desire is to play for a contender. Having established that, he has a few options. If one offers significantly more money than any other, that will probably be his choice. If all money offers are reasonably comparable, he will probably come to NE where he knows the area, knows the system, and know we will be a contender.

QuiGon said:
That's a misrepresentation of what I said (perhaps deliberately, perhaps accidentally). I said it was something I originally (in December and January) thought had a strong chance of happening. Then I moderated my stance a bit in February and March. Now in April, that stance is strengthening again somewhat.

That is a far cry from being for something then being against it. More like it went from 75% likelihood to 33% and now we are at 50%.
still sounds like a politician to me

Digger44 said:
still sounds like a politician to me
Oh I have no objection to being called a politician. Believe me, i've been called worse (especially by PatsWickedPissah). What I objected to was the statement (direct quote) "So, you were 'for it before you were against it'."

It is something that I have considered to be a very real possibility since December. Yes, by my own admission, I moderated my position a bit - but I certainly did not completely reverse my opinion.

QuiGon said:
Oh I have no objection to being called a politician. Believe me, i've been called worse (especially by PatsWickedPissah). What I objected to was the statement (direct quote) "So, you were 'for it before you were against it'."

It is something that I have considered to be a very real possibility since December. Yes, by my own admission, I moderated my position a bit - but I certainly did not completely reverse my opinion.

In political parlayance, this is called a "nuanced" position, which is just a fancy name for SITTING ON THE FENCE.

Didn't work for Kerry, wont work for you.

-R

BB seems to spend a good bit of time talking with Ty. Perhaps that's why BB wasn't able to call Willie and Adam promptly. He was "Tyed" up.:D

Honestly, I don't believe it. I think the Poston's and Ty have just thrown the Pats into the mix to make it look like he's got lots of opportunities. Besides Mel Mitchell has #24 now.

IMHO, at this stage of free agency, no team is going to ante up huge bucks for Law. If so, then I'd expect Law to jump all over a contract from the Pats. And I think they'll offer him one. And he'll accept it. And he'll wear #24 for us again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes