PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer/Schefter: Cromartie traded to Jets for 2011 3rd (2nd if conditions met)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. So my point is that with the JETS front 7 and pass rush/playcalling cromartie could be the same player. He gives them more options. The JETS got better today. I'm not saying we can't or won't beat them, but they're improving and, so far, we're standing still. Their front office cant even sign a free agent unless they lose one and they STILL go out and improve the team. Its frustrating, but true.

I don't think the Jets front seven is nearly as good as the front seven of the Chargers in 2007. Merriman and Phillips were the best OLB duo in the league that year. Luis Castillio was a beast. Their pass rush was amazing without a lot of blitzing. The Jets have a great defense, but their pass rush was lacking except when they blitz and they have no dominant outside passrusher like Merriman was before he was busted for steriods. In fact, without Revis the Jets front seven might be exposed more.

The Jets are slightly better, but not significantly better.

Last edited:
Re: Jets on verge of getting Cromartie for high pick in 2011

Bloody hell. Had to check the title of the thread again after reading the blind panic from some in here, thought the Jets must have signed Asomugha.

Seriously, why would playing opposite a shutdown CB who people afraid to throw to make a #2 CB better? Teams will try to pick on Cromartie because they are afraid to throw in Revis' direction. Teams will try to get ways to match Cromartie up against their best WR. Cromartie is going to have a target on his back in New York because he is playing opposite to Revis. If anything, it could expose his obvious liabilites (lack of toughness, too much of a gambler). The Jets overall defense might make him better, but playing opposite Revis will definitely not make him better because he will have more balls thrown his direction than ever.

I still don't get the logic that playing opposite to Revis would make any CB better.

Look at the numbers from this past year. Revis had more passes attempted against him than most CBs, and far and away more than others of his caliber - because he always takes the best receiver. Cromartie will be a number 2 CB facing number 2 receivers, with safety help if he needs it, rather than a number 2 CB facing number 1 receivers with safety help.

The jets will also have their NT back from injury, they're a young team and most of their players are signed and will be in their 2nd season under their new coach/system. They probably would have improved without adding anything, but they didn't sit still, they made an attempt to be even greater on D for just a 3rd round pick.

Re: Thugturd Cromartie

Even millionaires can have money problems? He's just stupid. :confused3:

The jets will also have their NT back from injury, they're a young team and most of their players are signed and will be in their 2nd season under their new coach/system. They probably would have improved without adding anything, but they didn't sit still, they made an attempt to be even greater on D for just a 3rd round pick.

Will Kris Jenkins be any good? He is up there in weight. He is coming off his third season ending injury of his career. He has always had a conditioning problem.

Many teams take a step back in the second year under a new coaching system. See the Dolphins and Falcons for example. There is a pretty good chance the Jets could take a step back this season.

The Jets made one move for an average CB. Let's not make it sound like they added Nnamdi Asomugha. They got better, but not significantly.

Look at the numbers from this past year. Revis had more passes attempted against him than most CBs, and far and away more than others of his caliber - because he always takes the best receiver. Cromartie will be a number 2 CB facing number 2 receivers, with safety help if he needs it, rather than a number 2 CB facing number 1 receivers with safety help.

Cromartie will face the #2 WR more, but Jammer still usually matched up against the #1 WR, not Cromartie.

umm, im w/ the ppl who dont like this...

now we NEED more than 2 passing options agasint the jets...agaisnt them its the 3rd and 4rth option that will kill them

Nobody drives in the Big Apple, they all take cabs. Although Antonio may not have cab fare once his baby mommas get finished with him. And all I can say is Jests fans better lock up all their sistah's...

And speaking of Jests fans, 48 hours ago they wouldn't have traded a plug nickel for this chronic underachiever screwup. But the over reaction here at Patsfans fueled by our own braindead closet JETSfans reaction has really bolstered their opinion on Cromartie.

The less easily swayed are still concerned that if he does well he will cost a #2 in 2011 and be tough to sign along with all the other big time extensions they face in 2011 on top of a slew of backloaded deals to aging FA from the 2007-08 sigining spree... Plus they have concerns about adding another poor tackling underachiver to their secondary mix not to mention tipping the turd balance against the character core in the locker room. And that's before they even factor in whether Sanchise sophomore season results in regression as is the norm...which in his case would render anything else they do moot...

Last edited:
Many teams do decline in their second year, but not many teams keep every significant starter either. Jenkins just has to be his normal self and that will help. And i never compared cromartie to anyone, nevermind Namdi(who's in a WHOLE different league than cromartie). The point is, the jets are better. I never said significantly better, just better. And my point ALSO is that at the very least, WE are the same, which doesn't bode well for us as of right now(Which is VERY early in the offseason). I just get this feeling that our hatred for the jets blinds us to reality. Being real, i would LOVE to have their D and even their philosphy on D, as opposed to what we've been running the past few years. I can't wait to see how it all plays out and where we are come august.

Many teams do decline in their second year, but not many teams keep every significant starter either. Jenkins just has to be his normal self and that will help. And i never compared cromartie to anyone, nevermind Namdi(who's in a WHOLE different league than cromartie). The point is, the jets are better. I never said significantly better, just better. And my point ALSO is that at the very least, WE are the same, which doesn't bode well for us as of right now(Which is VERY early in the offseason). I just get this feeling that our hatred for the jets blinds us to reality. Being real, i would LOVE to have their D and even their philosphy on D, as opposed to what we've been running the past few years. I can't wait to see how it all plays out and where we are come august.

Who did the Dolphins or Falcons lose last year who would be considered a significant starter loss?

My point with Jenkins is that he may never be himself again.

You got me on my hatred of the Jets. My hatred of the Jets is so strong that it made me build a time machine and go back two weeks and trash Cromartie so I can say he sucked before the Jets got him. Let's get real. I proved I had a low opinion of Cromartie long before this trade.

Again, I don't think the Jets defense sucks. Never said that. You closet Jets fans get so sensitive. I think their defense is great. Don't think their front seven is nearly as good as the front seven of the 2007 Chargers (who had one of the best front seven of the last decade) and I don't think highly of Cromartie. How is that being a homer.

I do agree that is very disconcerting that the Pats are at best the same 9 and a half hours into free agency. You would have expected the Pats to have made five or six signings by now. I mean look around the league. There has been signings left and right. The Lions signed Burleson and the.... and the ..... and let's not forget..... Seriously, we aren't even 12 hours into free agency and we should be worried that the Jets improved a little bit and the Pats haven't made a move yet? Talk to me in May.

I was intrigued by Cromartie-to-the-Pats but do feel that he is a bit overrated. a 3rd to-a potential 2nd is pretty steep for a CB who is not a pure cover-corner IMO..

Great athleticism, though..

Last edited:
Why bother talking to you in march or even at all? lol You argue with yourself! I never called you a homer. I agreed that its still early in free agency and you basically called me a jets fan because we disagree? Look, neither one of us is an expert. We're sharing opinions and you just have to take it to another level. Direct your anger somewhere else. Just dont tell me you're not concerned with the direction the pats are going right now. They have a GREAT opportunity to get some nice things done this offseason. Through FA and the draft this team can instantly become a contender again. It all depends on how the front office does. Recent history makes me a little nervous, but i still have faith. And i BELIEVE that the jets made themselves better. I hope we do the same.

As much as it pains me to say it (and makes me sick to my stomach) would you trade our 2010 roster for the Jets? Other than Brady are we better at any other positions anymore?

And speaking of Jests fans, 48 hours ago they wouldn't have traded a plug nickel for this chronic underachiever screwup. But the over reaction here at Patsfans fueled by our own braindead closet JETSfans reaction has really bolstered their opinion on Cromartie.

And, Mo hits it outa the park.

This is great news for us. Not sure what most of you are freaking out about, because Cromartie does not have the most fluid hips in the world, has lingering injury issues, and does not like to tackle.

Does anyone really care what jets fans think? Since when did that happen?

For what? T.O. will be 37 years old.

Yeah and Brett Favre was 40 years old last year and had the best season of his career. What's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes