PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer/Schefter: Cromartie traded to Jets for 2011 3rd (2nd if conditions met)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take our safeties over yours and I'd definitely take Vollmer over Woody and Mayo over Harris (although that's a pretty close one). Other than that, though, I pretty much agree with what you're saying, although I've always thought position-by-position breakdowns like this have very little meaning when you compare teams. If the linebackers actually lined up and played against each other, then maybe there would be a point in comparing them.

After the Rhodes trade, I'd take your safeties too. I agree Mayo and Harris are close, though I'd take Harris, and if you're playing Volmer at RT, I'd probably happily swap him one for one for Woody (if only - well, mostly - based on age).

I agree, position by position breakdowns aren't really useful for predicting head to head play. But it does indicate that the talent gap between the Pats and the Jets has been closed (though, again, not at the most important position on the field), and as a Jets fan, that's progress. Hopefully it translates to a division title this season; for the first time in years, that feels like a realistic possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back