PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

give the senator a "going over"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explains a lot really

Now we know that Goodell is really bat **** crazy

He needs to be put of his misery.

you know, if a team, lets say the Jets, where switched with the Pats, just for the sake of argument, then the deflategate crap happened to them, I could imagine Goodell finding himself in cement shoes in the bottom of the Hudson.

Funny, Mitt Romney learned the wrong lesson from his father this way too. His father said what he thought, was ahead of the curve on civil right and the Vietnam war too, he sounds like quite a guy but Mitt Romney saw his father lose because he spoke his mind and was ahead of the curve. Both Mitt and Rodger are products of seeing the price men of character can pay and as a result, lost some of their own character. Roger will do what he senses the public wants and saves his job. What is the right thing to do will never factor into it. For whoever disagrees, I understand but I liken it to Mitt and his reputation for flip flopping based on the winds of political popularity

Last edited:
Ugh - "He penalized the New England Patriots for secretly videotaping opponents’ play-calling signals."

Nobody outside of NE accurately understands what happened that day. So frustrating.

Secretly as in doing it in plain view of 80,000 people? I think he meant to say blatantly videotaping defensive hand signals from an incorrect location for potential use at a later time as was standard practice throughout the NFL until a memo (not a rule) was sent out while the Jets were not punished at all for doing the same exact thing in Foxboro in 2006.

Last edited:
This also stood out to me.

Concerned that linking football to brain damage would be bad for its bottom line, the NFL sponsored and created bogus scientific papers claiming that concussions in professional football "are not serious injuries" and that "many [concussed] players can be safely allowed to return to play on the day of injury”; as recently as last year, Goodell still refused to publicly acknowledge that football-induced concussions could produce long-term neurological harm.

We all know now that Goodell has done a complete reversal. So much so, he now will have spotters looking for concussion type injuries that may be missed by the team. You know, like Edelman in the SB. I'm sure Goodell is kicking himself for not thinking of it sooner. Those spotters (probably former Jets employees) would have had the authority to pull Edelman off the field thus making it more difficult for the Patriots to win the game. It's probably why Goodell created it.

The ironic thing is that the Goodell Admin. is doing to the Patriots and Brady exactly what Nixon did to his father: abuse power to protect power. Let's hope Goodell meets the same fate as Nixon.

The tail end of the article told the entire story. He saw how his dad did the right thing but was hammered politically.

Goody is very aware of the politics. To a fault.

This also stood out to me.

Concerned that linking football to brain damage would be bad for its bottom line, the NFL sponsored and created bogus scientific papers claiming that concussions in professional football "are not serious injuries" and that "many [concussed] players can be safely allowed to return to play on the day of injury”; as recently as last year, Goodell still refused to publicly acknowledge that football-induced concussions could produce long-term neurological harm.

We all know now that Goodell has done a complete reversal. So much so, he now will have spotters looking for concussion type injuries that may be missed by the team. You know, like Edelman in the SB. I'm sure Goodell is kicking himself for not thinking of it sooner. Those spotters (probably former Jets employees) would have had the authority to pull Edelman off the field thus making it more difficult for the Patriots to win the game. It's probably why Goodell created it.

It's been mentioned before, but this highlights one of the things that is so hard to believe about this situation. Less than a year ago, the Mueller report came out clearing the NFL of receiving or viewing the Ray Rice elevator video and most people viewed it as a whitewash or a cover up. Along those lines, most people had to be suspicious of the NFL sponsored studies that downplayed concussion risks and consequences.

When the league produces a report convicting the Patriots based on junk science and some out of context text messages, the majority of people accept it. I'm at a loss about how that can happen. It's not like there was a 10 year gap between the Rice incident, the concussion studies and the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference