PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gino Cappelletti Retires From Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch...they'll go straight vanilla and hire the talking loaf of Wonder Bread, Dale Arnold, to do the play by play

From Gil the Great to Ned Flanders - just the thought makes me think I'll be watching the games with no sound at all........

Cograts to Gino... Now a memo to the NFL, HOF, sportswriters or whoever makes these decisions. Get this man into the HOF. He was arguably one of the best players in the AFL. Gino Cappalletti deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame and now is the perfect time to do it. I would hate for it to happen posthumously. Who do we have to write to, to get Cappalletti consideration for the HOF? Does anyone Know?

Cograts to Gino... Now a memo to the NFL, HOF, sportswriters or whoever makes these decisions. Get this man into the HOF. He was arguably one of the best players in the AFL. Gino Cappalletti deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame and now is the perfect time to do it. I would hate for it to happen posthumously. Who do we have to write to, to get Cappalletti consideration for the HOF? Does anyone Know?

Borges would be the one to present him for consideration... Wouldn't hurt to lean on PKing, either.

For several years that has been annoying. There is a delay on the radio broadcast. You see the safety run out of bounds with an interception while Gil is still saying "QB drops back..."

My joke the they were afraid Gino might say "That @$%&ing cal was complete bull #$%^!"*

*Yes, I know it was so we'd hear the Buick ad that paid CBS for air time.

I remember the first time I found out Gino was a legendary player in the '60s. I'll remember him as a broadcaster.

One of the blessings of old age is all of the sports memories that it produces, especially for a fan here in Boston. Gino is one of the many great players that I got to see.

I was also fortunate enough to see Gino and the Pats play a game at Fenway Park in the 60s vs the Chargers. I can still remember walking along temporary stands that were erected along the left field wall.

Thanks for providing me with some great memories Gino, whether you were on or off the field of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft