PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants WR Mario Manningham can barely contain his excitement about facing Julian Edel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giants WR Mario Manningham can barely contain his excitement about facing Julian

So the bigger stage will have an effect on Edelman's performance but not Manningham's? Solid reasoning Mario.

What a ******* idiot.

Re: Giants WR Mario Manningham can barely contain his excitement about facing Julian

If Edelman played the role of Tracy Porter and pick sixed Manning in front of Manningham to seal the game........we'll just say it would be sweeeeeeeeet.

So being arrogant is OK if you,re not a "pretty boy." Got it.

Last edited:

Per Pro-Football-Reference.com:

Boldin is 6'1', 218
Manningham is 6'0", 185
Edelman is 6'0", 198

Manningham should be an easier cover for Edelman, who's a guy still adapting to the position and likely to struggle with significantly bigger or faster players. Manningham wouldn't seem to be either of those.

Boldin is 6'1', 218
Manningham is 6'0", 185
Edelman is 6'0", 198

Manningham should be an easier cover for Edelman, who's a guy still adapting to the position and likely to struggle with significantly bigger or faster players. Manningham wouldn't seem to be either of those.

Wow! Edelman is 6'?! I would have never have guessed that! Also would have never have guessed he weighed over 180! I thought the camera added lbs! Haha. :D

Boldin is 6'1', 218
Manningham is 6'0", 185
Edelman is 6'0", 198

Edelman is only 5-10 according to the Pats.

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Team - Players

Last edited:

Boldin is 6'1', 218
Manningham is 6'0", 185
Edelman is 6'0", 198

Edes is closer to 5' 10" than 6' 0". I can believe the weight.

Wow! Edelman is 6'?! I would have never have guessed that! Also would have never have guessed he weighed over 180! I thought the camera added lbs! Haha. :D

He was 5'10.3", 195 at his Pro Day.

Julian Edelman.

In what universe is Edelman a starter on this team?

In Super Bowls, you sometimes see a special teams play for a TD

Manningham may find out that Edelman excels at punt returns.

There are lots of Probowl Safeties who were QBs in college. They usually have the benefit of understanding what the Offense and the QB is trying to do, as well as being talented athletes.

We know this about Edelman in particular.

a) He was drafted by the Patriots to convert him to another position.
b) He was a QB in college, who could run.
c) He has played as a WR in the slot for the Patriots.
d) He has played the role of a PR and led the league doing so last year.
e) We know he plays on ST and has done a fine job tackling.

So he has a receiver's hands.
So we know he can catch the INT.
So we know he was not relegated to DB because he has stone hands.
So he has has to be quick and shifty.
So we know he is fast.

Mannigham, or more properly slot WR Cruz have no massive size advantage, or speed advantage over Edelman. The only benefit Mannigham, but not rookie Cruz has, is more experience in the league or at his position.

Beware of what you wish for. You may just get it.

Careful what you wish for Mario. We heard you have a hurt shoulder and last time I looked, Julian Edelman was one of the hardest hitters on D. Check out his highlights of hits on others before you can't contain yourself.

Edit - my bad - it's Hicks who has the hurt shoulder. I still wouldn't be that thrilled to get drilled by JE.

Last edited:

We know this about Edelman in particular.

So he has a receiver's hands.
So we know he can catch the INT.
So we know he was not relegated to DB because he has stone hands.
So he has has to be quick and shifty.
So we know he is fast....

I — and LdT — would add Pretty Good Hitter, too.

Careful what you wish for Mario. We heard you have a hurt shoulder and last time I looked, Julian Edelman was one of the hardest hitters on D. Check out his highlights of hits on others before you can't contain yourself.

Edit - my bad - it's Hicks who has the hurt shoulder. I still wouldn't be that thrilled to get drilled by JE.

Nicks. The name is Hakeem Nicks.

Edes is closer to 5' 10" than 6' 0". I can believe the weight.

He was 5'10.3", 195 at his Pro Day.

I'm not saying it's right (That's why I mentioned where I got it from ;) ). I'm really just noting that he's a lot closer in stature to Manningham than to Boldin. NFL.com has Edelman at 5'10", 198, which still puts him closer to Manningham.

I just think Edelman will have one less thing to worry about (size) if he's actually matched up against Manningham. Also, since Cruz is often the one in the slot, That's a listing (NFL.com) of 6'0", 204lbs, which is still more reasonable for Edelman than was Boldin.

There are lots of Probowl Safeties who were QBs in college,

I don't know how much you follow college football, but this is simply not true, especially at the Division I level. It would be more accurate to say there are a lot of pro bowl safeties who played QB in high school.

This game with the Jets is gonna be epic.

Nicks. The name is Hakeem Nicks.

Damn is it Friday or what?

Manningham was targeted 5 times and only caught 1 pass (the 17 yard TD). After Nicks was hurt and before the 49ers handed them the win, Manningham had his chance to be the man:

5 drives
3 first downs
17 drop backs
2 targets to Manningham
0 completions

I might rethink opening my pie-hole with those results. Super Mario he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News