PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants WR Mario Manningham can barely contain his excitement about facing Julian Edel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giants WR Mario Manningham can barely contain his excitement about facing Julian

And I thought Jets talked more ****...Yeesh.

Re: Giants WR Mario Manningham can barely contain his excitement about facing Julian

Bwahahahahaha! What a fool! Manningham really isn't a top NFL receiver but he wants people to think he is so he calls someone out. Problem is, he calls out Edelman. Are you kidding me? If you want to be considered the best then you call out the best. Calling out someone lesser is what people with deep down confidence issues does. Manningham knows he can't be an impact any other way so he calls out the person on D with the least amount of experience! What a fake, a phony! Dude should be embarrassed, yet he probably isn't smart enough to know what he did here.

Who the **** is Mario Manningham? Honestly. This guy was about to be shipped out of New York and suddenly he became relevant again this season for some reason. This punk doesnt scare me.

It'd be great if his brother was named Luigi Manningham.

Mannigham, or more properly slot WR Cruz have no massive size advantage, or speed advantage over Edelman.

I would not want to see Julian Edelman covering (or attempting to cover) Cruz on any level in this game.

Manningham is one thing, but I think Victor Cruz is an entirely different challenge, and one that should be given to either Arrington or McCourty.

Edit: Arrington, I would presume, since he would likely be in the slot.

Last edited:

I would not want to see Julian Edelman covering (or attempting to cover) Cruz on any level in this game.

Manningham is one thing, but I think Victor Cruz is an entirely different challenge, and one that should be given to either Arrington or McCourty.

Edit: Arrington, I would presume, since he would likely be in the slot.

Agreed but I strongly doubt it will happen. BB's trademark is making the opposition win by taking away their prime/favorite target (Cruz).

In so far as I've seen, Edelman appears capable, albeit not significantly so, to stay with 2nd rate receivers (Manningham) doing crossing routes and the like. As long as this is all that is asked of him in pass coverage, I suspect (hope) their won't be a big amount of production from Edelman's assignments.

we need to obvious bracket Cruz with Chung and Arrington. Leave single coverage to Nicks with Moore, since Nick is nursing a shoulder injury. that leaves Moore one-on-one with Ballard.

we need to obvious bracket Cruz with Chung and Arrington. Leave single coverage to Nicks with Moore, since Nick is nursing a shoulder injury. that leaves Moore one-on-one with Ballard.

The problem with that is Chung being able to get into the same zip code as Cruz

Mannigham, or more properly slot WR Cruz have no massive size advantage, or speed advantage over Edelman. The only benefit Mannigham, but not rookie Cruz has, is more experience in the league or at his position.

I'm not sure of Cruz's speed, but he seems to be able to stop on a dime and change direction without batting an eyelash. As somebody else posted, best thing to do is bracket Cruz.

Keeping Cruz tightly bracketed and getting a pass rush is the only answer to limiting the damage. Keep Eli inside and pressure him because if he starts scrambling and chucking the football to a spot for one of his recievers, Pats might be in trouble....Vince and the DL push will have alot to do with how effective Manning is.

He had more to say on Media Day:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716676/edelman-preps-for-dual-role-in-super-bowl
He plays wide receiver. He’s not a real defensive back," Manningham said. "Did he get drafted as a defensive back? We have a little bond going on knowing that we can beat somebody. We’re confident. I hope he’s out there.

No, but he was drafted as a wide receiver/quarterback, which is more than we can say for Victor Cruz (UDFA). If where or how someone was drafted had that much impact on ability to play the game Cruz would never have seen the field.

Last edited:

Every time I see or hear the name "Mario Manningham," I think of '80s Brat Pack actress Mare Winningham. Weird.

st-elmos-Mare-Winningham_300.jpg

I just love all this ****y attitude stuff. This will all be that much more pleasurable when they lose.

And an aggressive douche in the clubs..

New England Patriots' Julian Edelman arrested for nightclub incident - ESPN Boston

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman was arraigned on one count of indecent assault and battery Tuesday after being charged with groping a woman at a Halloween party at a Boston bar.

You might want to check the news a few days later when the charges were dropped. But hey lets not let facts get in the way;)

New England Patriots' Julian Edelman arrested for nightclub incident - ESPN Boston

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman was arraigned on one count of indecent assault and battery Tuesday after being charged with groping a woman at a Halloween party at a Boston bar.

Hi noobs, welcome to the Internet!
Did you know there are ways you can search and find information on the Internet? No?
Well once you learn how to use Bing, Google or other search engines you can find neat stuff like that there was a video of the entire incident which exonerated the player and as a result of this video all charges were dropped.

Amazing stuff this Internet thingy!

Last edited:

I'm just glad we have you here to let us know about our own players. Thank god.

Julian Edelman's charges dropped

Speaking of douchebags, Mario Manningham, who is a double threat douche and complete moron.

Giants select talented but troubled WR Mario Manningham in third round

He's a big-play receiver with first-round talent, but his failure to admit past drug problems and a reported score of 6 on the Wonderlic intelligence exam raised serious questions about his head.

...beginning with his arrest last April after Vicodin that was prescribed to one of his teammates was found in his car and his passengers were found to be in possession of marijuana.

It was also later revealed that Manningham had failed two drug tests in college.

There's actually video of what he did. You might try watching it.

Weak very weak.

How does it feel to be a failure as a troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes