PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giant Fans way too arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all deserve to get stabbed by Justin Tuck's cranium.

It's gotten ridiculous and it's going to get worse over the next nine days. I live in Manhattan and I now have to live with this garbage 24/7.

The New York media, fans and players are beyond confident that they are going to win and are approaching February 5th with the attitude that they cannot lose this game. For nearly all of them, it is a question not of "if" but "by how much" they come out on top. I have never seen a team or fan-base more confident and smug than these people are.

I hate to say it, but it kind of reminds me of this board and most of us four years ago this week. This time, however, I think the Pats are coming into this SB with a healthy attitude and that the Giants and their supporters are setting themselves up for a fall.

There's a big difference between the two fan bases though. Pats fans had a right to be smug that year going into that trap football game. 18-0. Not sure why Giants fan do when they got swept and trashed by the Redskins.

I'm actually still smug because of that and extremely proud to be the only team in the NFL to accomplish an 18-0 season. I refuse to count the last football game as part of the season. As far as I'm concerned it didn't exist. It was a 2008 pre-season game. Nothing more. After Tommy does good on his original promise, next week, the rest of the world will agree. :D

Not to mention, even after cashing in on the Patriots fame and making all that money, and even after selling their stadium to an insurance company, they still don't have enough money to have their own and have to share it with the dirty Jets? Goes to show you what happens to your cash flow when you got a Manning on your roster.

Is that smug enough?;)

Last edited:
The semester started Jan 23 for me. My first semester back in 5 years. My last class is college algebra. Since the Patriots won the AFCCG, I was rocking my Mayo Jersey and a Patriots cap. MY college algebra professor is a big giants fan. He was making smart AZZ remarks through the whole class how the patriots stink and how they will beat up. Hes like "2" which is how many interception brady threw last night. Then on wednesday, he was saying how the Patriots dont match up to the Giants in any way and that the Giants will wipe the floor with us. Usually, I go into attack mode, BUT i decided to keep my mouth shut and just smile at him. The only thing I said was Revenge is a dish best served cold.
I really want the Patriots to blow them out. If the Patriots win, my professor is cancelling class because he doesnt want to face me if the giants lose!

WTF? This is a terrible way to run a class.

They don't LOOK too arrogant :D

I see what you did there..... Very clever ;)

As for arrogant D bag Giant fans.......... tell me about it. Lots of them up here in western NY. Lot of pretender fans too, which are basically Buffalo fans playing Giants fans this week because they hate the Patriots of after a generation of misery.

Jealousy can such a ugly emotion.

What pisses me of most is that you can't have a reasonable football conversation about the x's and o's of the game. Most are too simple and don't have a clue about the game other then the crap they hear on BSPN.

Uggggggh........ Turns my stomach listening to them.

Last edited:
The semester started Jan 23 for me. My first semester back in 5 years. My last class is college algebra. Since the Patriots won the AFCCG, I was rocking my Mayo Jersey and a Patriots cap. MY college algebra professor is a big giants fan. He was making smart AZZ remarks through the whole class how the patriots stink and how they will beat up. Hes like "2" which is how many interception brady threw last night. Then on wednesday, he was saying how the Patriots dont match up to the Giants in any way and that the Giants will wipe the floor with us. Usually, I go into attack mode, BUT i decided to keep my mouth shut and just smile at him. The only thing I said was Revenge is a dish best served cold.
I really want the Patriots to blow them out. If the Patriots win, my professor is cancelling class because he doesnt want to face me if the giants lose!

patience my friend, patience

then, on Monday Feb 6th, just put on your jersey, the biggest smile you can muster, and never break eye-contact with the professor for the duration of the class

at that moment you will know, it was all worth it

I think every fanbase has its share of idiots, and ours is no exception. Unfortunately, the uninformed idiots tend to be the most vocal.

I've been to Giants games at numerous stadiums, and I've always seen most Giants fans behave respectfully. In NJ, we are even pretty welcoming to opposing fans traveling to watch their team play at Giants (err, MetLife) stadium. Can't say that about everyplace (try being opposing fans in Philadelphia).

I must admit though, Pats fans are great. You have your share loudmouthed buffoons (including one or two on this forum), but for the most part, the conversation here is devoid of Homer-y posts, is intelligent and objective. Props. :cool:

I think every fanbase has its share of idiots, and ours is no exception. Unfortunately, the uninformed idiots tend to be the most vocal.

I've been to Giants games at numerous stadiums, and I've always seen most Giants fans behave respectfully. In NJ, we are even pretty welcoming to opposing fans traveling to watch their team play at Giants (err, MetLife) stadium. Can't say that about everyplace (try being opposing fans in Philadelphia).

I must admit though, Pats fans are great. You have your share loudmouthed buffoons (including one or two on this forum), but for the most part, the conversation here is devoid of Homer-y posts, is intelligent and objective. Props. :cool:

Whats the Giants forum equivalent to Patsfans? I cant seem to find their main one.

Way to bunch together the whole Giants fanbase because of a few independent experiences you've had.

Do you think in 2007 or even this season there hasn't been a few arrogant Patriots fans? Or 49ers fans? Or Jets fans (LOL..no comment)

Last edited:
The Giants fans at the game this year were pretty respectful.

As for the arrogance people are seeing, thank the Jest for setting an example for people to follow. The media soaked it up and validated it. No matter what comes out of Giants' fans mouths, it will take a generation or two for them to get to the level of a Jet fan.

I don't see any issue with your teacher... in fact I think he's pretty cool. Part of sports is bragging rights. This is not directed at anybody, but you should be able to brag about your team and handle others bragging about their teams.

As long as it is not malicious (or adults against kids lol... bus driver is a bit too much), then it's all in good fun. None of my friends are really huge fans of their teams but I still give them crap when they lose or when Pats beat them and vice versa. It's all part of enjoying the game. Again as long as it's not malicious nor personal and kept in moderation.

That being said.... I love throwing it in peoples' faces when they predict Pats losses and end up winning. In fact, I am going to enjoy going to work on the 6th very much because all my non-Pats friends are telling me how the Pats are going to lose.

Tell this loser algebra is SO 8th and 9th grade. I know as I'm an advisor/assistant volunteer in middle school.

Looking at the prediction thread on this board, so are Pats fans. Both sets of fans are confident. I don't see either set of fans as a whole to be arrogant.
You need new glasses, son.

You need new glasses, son.

No, I just actually read the thread from beginning to end. In the beginning of the thread, it was all pessimistic. As time has gone on and Pats fans have stepped back to analyze the match-up, many more are predicting a win than a loss, and many are predicting it will be in convincing fashion. The whole 9-7 inconsistent team thing seems to be prevalent. I think the only thing holding the Pats fans back from full out confidence is the last Superbowl result.

Tell this loser algebra is SO 8th and 9th grade. I know as I'm an advisor/assistant volunteer in middle school.

I'm surprised they let you near a middle school after that one incident at Chuck E. Cheese. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case