PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting some Repect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard Sean Salisbury rank his top five team. He ranked the Patriots #4, ahead of Denver.

Also, I heard someone else on ESPN say the the Patriots will still be standing after 1/15/06.

Media love is a week to week thing but we are now starting to get noticed.

Hmm, really. I'd rather not receive any media accolades. They are a bunch of morons, and listening to all these so-called experts retracting their earlier statements about how the Colts would go undefeated, how Vick would be in the Superbowl, blah, blah, blah. They don't have clue #1 what the h is going on. Media love and hate mean the same thing: nothing.

Agreed....

The lower we fly under the media radar, the better.

Bella*chick said:
Hmm, really. I'd rather not receive any media accolades. They are a bunch of morons, and listening to all these so-called experts retracting their earlier statements about how the Colts would go undefeated, how Vick would be in the Superbowl, blah, blah, blah. They don't have clue #1 what the h is going on. Media love and hate mean the same thing: nothing.

I agree with what you said. Notice I said that media love is a week to week thing.

PATSNUTme said:
I agree with what you said. Notice I said that media love is a week to week thing.
You bet. Watching all the media coverage of the Colts loss, I keep thinking "the media giveth and the media taketh away."

In the end though, thank goodness they get to play the games!

The media has been so hot for Indy, I'm glad to see them favoring us. The Pats really don't give a s**t. Indy loves the media approval: a sign of fickleness just might "un-enhance their self-esteeeem".

It was actually quite humorous to me during our up and down struggles. One week they'd be saying "THE DYNASTY IS OVER!!!" then the same bobblehead a week later would be saying "And the Pats pull off another one, it's hard to believe so many people doubted them."

It was honestly quite funny. I used to really like Jaws but he's sea-sawed so bad on the Pats this season and changed his opinion blatantly over and over to the point that I can't even watch him and take him seriously. Those guys are a big joke!

If the Pats are starting to get some respect, then you guys may be in trouble. It seems everyone here thrives on the fact that the Pats get no respect and are overlooked.

Well

Brownfan80 said:
It was actually quite humorous to me during our up and down struggles. One week they'd be saying "THE DYNASTY IS OVER!!!" then the same bobblehead a week later would be saying "And the Pats pull off another one, it's hard to believe so many people doubted them."

It was honestly quite funny. I used to really like Jaws but he's sea-sawed so bad on the Pats this season and changed his opinion blatantly over and over to the point that I can't even watch him and take him seriously. Those guys are a big joke!

Jaws changes his tune everyweek! I actually like salisbury though. He has good insight, tells you what he really thinks, and (and this is a nice touch) he will actually admit when he's wrong (ala last year's game against the dolts). out of all the national media whores i would say that salisbury, cris collinsworth, and jim rome i respect--other than that it's tough (mabey berman and TJ)

workhorse said:
If the Pats are starting to get some respect, then you guys may be in trouble. It seems everyone here thrives on the fact that the Pats get no respect and are overlooked.

Key word here is "some". Depending on what happens this weekend the *********** for the Colts could expand. If they lose, then some other team could become the media's flavor of the week.

Leaving us on the outer fringes of respect, just as I like it.

no

workhorse said:

No we thrive on winning rings! :rocker:

In my mind, a really good defense gives up less yardage (and points) than the other team averages. Look at the Colts. In the last 7 games the Colts have given up in yards 83% (texans), 80% (pats), 132% (Cinci), 70% (steelers), 79% (ten), 104% (Jags) and 125% (Bolts) of what the other team averages. Basically, the Colts have a pretty strong defense that gives up generally less than what the other team averages. And they have done it all year long.

On the other hand, the Pats have gone from being absolutely terrible to much better. Their last seven games are 122% (Colts), 136% (Dolphins), 132% (NO), 111% (KC), 64% (Jets), 75% (bills), and 49% (Bucs). See the trend? The pats went from being terrible, and I mean terrible, to very, very good. Most other good defenses just give up close to the average (like the Bucs).

So basically what I am saying is that the Pats defense is for real, regardless of the competition. In fact, in these last three games, they are better than last year. However,so is the Colts defense this year.

id rather fly under the radar then :eek: BOOM :eek:.................................3 in a row oh yeah

PATSNUTme said:
Key word here is "some". Depending on what happens this weekend the *********** for the Colts could expand. If they lose, then some other team could become the media's flavor of the week.

Leaving us on the outer fringes of respect, just as I like it.

I suspect the Pats will be getting more attention next week. They play the Jets and should win. The Colts are likely to rest even more players against Seattle. They have quite a few players with dings that could use a little rest. Not to mention, if Seattle wins, they lock up home field through out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe