PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gerry Callahan Doesn't Know His Elbow from His EndZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toucher and Rich do not pretend to be sports authorities, they were given the assignment.. with that a given, I can forgive some of their ineptitude.

Callahan is old school who does not see the need to change or temper his BS as their ratings fail...

About a month ago a scribe from an alternative blog, Jerry Thornton I believe, made an interesting point as that at one time the scribes were at the top of the pyramid and controlled the message. Gammons left as did others, and we got really strong coaches who refused to be controlled by the media.. Francona, Belichick, Farrell, Claude and Doc so the pyramid changed and they ascended to the top and the writers took a back seat..

In their new roles more have sore buttholes.. and secretly hope for Belichick to fail, so they can say I told you so..

Truth be told I am surprised these guys are still together. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe their show is the only show that has not been touched since the ratings started to plummet.

When D&C talk about sports they are not bad, but overall I am not a fan of their show. Toucher and Rich are just so much more enjoyable to listen to.

FWIW They added Kurt Minehan (sp?) to the show. He's pretty decent. I imagine there will be changes coming soon.

PS. Are we going to have a new thread every time a member of the Boston media gets something wrong or says something upsetting? Callahan is not a football expert by any means and doesn't pretend to be. It's more of a sports-based current events type of show for entertainment purposes.

He has his head up his curro or whatever that line is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back