PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GBN updated Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
You recall him being terrible for a couple reasons:

1) 1996 is Bill Parcells, not Grier. That kills most of the positive argument right there.

Grier was bad. Honestly, most here on this board could have done better just by picking the guys that they watched on TV.

The '96 draft was probably a Grier-Charlie Armey collaboration, after Parcells left the room. Kraft should have put Armey, not Grier, in charge of the FO after SB31. Obviously.

I remember watching the draft on espn, and hearing Sterling Sharpe saying that Marvin Harrison would be a better fit ar WR for the patsies. I'm no fan of either Sharpe, but Michael Irvin makes Sterling sound like William F. Buckley.

are u blind? Rouse is there for Saints round 2
I was linked to a projection from Jan 19 which had Rousse to NE and no 2nd round selections. Now it links to an updated mock.

"1996
Terry Glenn
Lawyer Milloy
Tedy Bruschi
Christian Peter
"

Christian Peter was cut before the Summer IIRC after Mrs. Kraft stepped in. I had also heard that Brackens was Parcel's choice.

At the time that those lousy picks were made, I wanted the patsies to take:
Vonnie Holliday - 1A
Flozell Adams - 1B
Hines Ward - 3B

Edwards was constantly injured at Georgia, and did not have a RB's instincts.
Tebucky was just an ath-a-lete without a position.
Were either of these two available in round 2, I would have taken them. The same for Spires, in round 4.

Yeah, the horrendous Robert Edwards, who rushed for 1115 yards as a rookie and made the pro bowl. Horrible pick. Yes, he tore his ACL in a freak accident. They should have known that on draft day. But can I talk about "heart" a minute here?

Edwards worked for years to come back from the ACL, until the Krafts reluctantly let him go. He went at it until Miami picked him up a few years back -- I remember him scoring two TDs in the first game and getting the game ball, while Ricky was sulking, holding out, getting high or something. It was bittersweet. You knew he'd stolen just a smattering of glory, but he was there for depth and change of pace.

Sad, right? Must have hung up the cleats, right?

From the Canadian Football League, 2006, league leaders...

Robert Edwards, Montreal 239 1155 4.8 35 14

Yes, the same Robert Edwards. And the "14" is touchdowns. He led the league with 17 total touchdowns, 102 points.

I know, it's the CFL, but geez. Give the guy a little love.

Okay, rant over,

PFnV

Last edited:
Damien Woody
Andy Katzenmoyer
Kevin Faulk
Sean Morey

So, not very good, but not awful either.

ugh
dont remind me about katzenmoyer
i turned to my dad and my best friend right away and said they made a mistake and shouldve picked my umich boy jon jansen
i dont think anyone needs to dig far to know that this umich player did a lot better than this the ohio state player

Aaron Rouse really intrigues me. Apparently he had a great senior bowl and the guy is absolutely huge. He could play linebacker on some teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call