Garcia to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Garcia Is A Raider
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2009, 3:16 p.m. EDT

We’re hearing from multiple sources that quarterback Jeff Garcia is the newest member of the Oakland Raiders.

One tipster tells us that Garcia is already in the building and working out. (We haven’t yet confirmed that specific detail.)

Though some outlets are suggesting that Garcia will compete with starter JaMarcus Russell, we’re told that Garcia has no intention of competing with the first overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Then again, we all thought that Matt Leinart was entrenched as the starter in Arizona last year at this time, too.

ProFootballTalk.com - Garcia Is A Raider

I'll be danged. I figured he'd end up somewhere, just wasn't expecting Oakland. Wonder if that means JaMarcus gets benched?

Probably one of the better decisions that Davis has made in quite a while

A seasoned veteran QB who has been successful in the past can only help a team on and off the field and be a presence to some of the younger guys in that locker room.

Russell could be in for a fight at starter if he does not have a fantastic preseason

I think the Raiders have an outside shot at a wildcard tis season and could be one of those teams that improves quickly like Atlanta did last year.

San Diego has Norv as HC (enuff said),Denver has a messed up situation as a team as a whole cohesive unit and KC is probably a year or two away - Oakland does have atiny shot at the division title

Seems like an odd fit to me; Davis likes his 'vertical offense' with a lot of downfield passing, while Garcia is a strictly west coast offense QB.

Seems like an odd fit to me; Davis likes his 'vertical offense' with a lot of downfield passing, while Garcia is a strictly west coast offense QB.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like a mis-match, unless they are changing schemes.

Probably one of the better decisions that Davis has made in quite a while

A seasoned veteran QB who has been successful in the past can only help a team on and off the field and be a presence to some of the younger guys in that locker room.

Russell could be in for a fight at starter if he does not have a fantastic preseason

I think the Raiders have an outside shot at a wildcard tis season and could be one of those teams that improves quickly like Atlanta did last year.

San Diego has Norv as HC (enuff said),Denver has a messed up situation as a team as a whole cohesive unit and KC is probably a year or two away - Oakland does have atiny shot at the division title

This made me chuckle...

Maybe Al is thinking back to the Rich Gannon days of dink/dunk. The Gruden teams weren't exactly verticle.

Ofcourse, now that the NFL is tending toward going verticle, Al is thinking "West Coast".

You need to be a mobile QB to play on the raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back