PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Plan Thoughts for Houston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you say if Brady got hurt pretty much the same way in 3 different years?

I'd be wondering whose jersey Bernard Pollard was wearing.

:mad:

Honestly, Schaub and AJ seem to be just prone to getting injured. Not sure how, why, whatever. They have the JD Drew syndrome it seems. Like I said I do not follow the Texans but is that team tough enough to beat the Pats on the road in cold weather if the Pats start unleashing heavy punishment from our LBs and DBs on them?

One final pop-in to say good luck tonight and hopefully there will be no injuries. I'm ready for the game to start; I'm tired off all the pre-game hype.

Go Texans!

I'd be wondering whose jersey Bernard Pollard was wearing.

:mad:

Exactly.

If Brady got injured like that in 3 different years, would you call him injury-prone or do you say that he's resilient for being able to come back every single time?

Anyone see the Sound FX for Watt during the Ravens-Texans matchup? For being such an animal, he is super chill on the field.

Cushing on the other hand...kind of a DB and shows some symptoms of something the NFL likes to keep swept under the rug.

They have to get Schaub out of his comfort zone.Gotta get pressure on him.Any word if Chandler Jones will play?

Honestly, Schaub and AJ seem to be just prone to getting injured. Not sure how, why, whatever. They have the JD Drew syndrome it seems. Like I said I do not follow the Texans but is that team tough enough to beat the Pats on the road in cold weather if the Pats start unleashing heavy punishment from our LBs and DBs on them?

I think you ought to know that Greg Cosell, the NFL film guru, ranked Andre Johnson ahead of Megatron by a hair before this season started (meaning AJ is still more dangerous) and so far he's proven right.

Exactly.

If Brady got injured like that in 3 different years, would you call him injury-prone or do you say that he's resilient for being able to come back every single time?

I'd call Hernandez injury prone, and his last injury was simply a fact of life; when you bend a stick over a pointed rock and push, the stick breaks. Injury prone doesn't necessarily imply bad genes. It just implies oft-injured. If I walked out my front door and got hit by a truck every morning, I'd be injury prone.

P.S. Any tinfoil hat folks in your camp complaining about the Reliant turf? I know I was in 2009.

I'd call Hernandez injury prone, and his last injury was simply a fact of life; when you bend a stick over a pointed rock and push, the stick breaks. Injury prone doesn't necessarily imply bad genes. It just implies oft-injured. If I walked out my front door and got hit by a truck every morning, I'd be injury prone.

P.S. Any tinfoil hat folks in your camp complaining about the Reliant turf? I know I was in 2009.

Fair point, but Schaub and AJ are playing, same as OD, who also qualifies for the same.

So will Hernandez.

Guys like Gronskowki, Edelman, Graham, Cushing, on the other hand, will be cheering from the sideline.

The texans are treating this game as being huge which is surprising considering they have handled some pretty good teams.I think this game means more for the patriots considering their only pretty good win was the broncos.

I think you ought to know that Greg Cosell, the NFL film guru, ranked Andre Johnson ahead of Megatron by a hair before this season started (meaning AJ is still more dangerous) and so far he's proven right.

I don't think Megatron is all that tough either. Talented, yes but not a gritty tough receiver. We'll see how he does when the Pats hit them. Our LBs and DBs will hit...HARD!

The texans are treating this game as being huge which is surprising considering they have handled some pretty good teams.I think this game means more for the patriots considering their only pretty good win was the broncos.

Pats are the AFC champions, the most consistently good team over the past decade+, and the game is MNF. Both teams are likely treating this like their biggest game of the year and rightfully so; this should be an epic game.

I don't think Megatron is all that tough either. Talented, yes but not a gritty tough receiver. We'll see how he does when the Pats hit them. Our LBs and DBs will hit...HARD!

I think you're discounting him because a good number of his plays don't require grit. He doesn't go down easily and takes some pretty gnarly hits and seems to bounce right back. He's not in WW's universe, but the guy seems to relish contact a lot more than 90% of WRs.

I think you're discounting him because a good number of his plays don't require grit. He doesn't go down easily and takes some pretty gnarly hits and seems to bounce right back. He's not in WW's universe, but the guy seems to relish contact a lot more than 90% of WRs.

How many 10+ TD seasons has he had in his illustrious career please?

I wonder if they will double Johnson.All i know is that i hope Talib is on him mostly.

How many 10+ TD seasons has he had in his illustrious career please?

How many does WW have? I'm not sure what TDs have to do with grit/toughness.

Edit: 50% of his seasons he's had 10+...

Last edited:
One thing I find quite extraordinary about this game is that the 9-3 Patriots are the overwhelming favorites of all the mediot experts to beat the 11-1 Texans. What makes it more surprising for me that these so called experts are completely ignoring the Pats injury situation at the receiver and OL positions, while also ignoring the return of Jonathan Joseph, one of the top cover corners in the league.

Aside from the Pats past successes at Gillette in December, its hard to figure out why the Pats are so overwhelmingly favored for this game? Now I'm hoping for a win, but a loss shouldn't be surprising to anyone. And regardless of the outcome, it will have no effect on a future encounter, affecting only the possible seeding

What will frustrate me no end is if the Pats win they will immediately become the big favorites to get to the superbowl again. And if they lose, those same mediots, will anoint the Texans "the next big thing," and assume the Pats are now the "pasts" Neither opinion is the reality

Last edited:
How many does WW have? I'm not sure what TDs have to do with grit/toughness.

Other than the torn ACL how many games has Welker missed and how many games has the gritty AJ missed in the same time frame?

Other than the torn ACL how many games has Welker missed and how many games has the gritty AJ missed in the same time frame?

Uuuummm the original post I was responding to you were talking about Megatron.

The texans d-line is very good.This O-line has to play better then they did against the dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back