PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fuel added to the fire that BB's may be out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why didn't he just come and say he is sticking around??

From a Small article by Michael Smith.....he thinks BB will be here but...who knows.

"But when he was asked about his contract yesterday, his response was, "The press conference is over. We're done." This is an important one to keep an eye on."

FWIW - I think he has a perfect situation here, he has total control,has family here, has a house in Nantucket. I would think the Kraft's will pay him what he is worth and deserves. Also, going to Houston would surprise me because Kraft is close to their owner.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2006/12/09/will-bill-belichick-be-back-in-new-england-in-2007/

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=171200

Last edited:
Asked yesterday after he walked off the podium from his daily press briefing if this is indeed the final year of that contract, Belichick declined comment.

“The press conference is over,†he said. “We’re done.â€

Unusual. He usually loves to chat about controversial topics after press conferences are over.:rolleyes:

I really dont think that this is anything to be concerned about. His answer is typical BB. Something like that he wouldnt air out like the laundry. I wouldnt worry about it, and if it happens, there isnt anything any of us can do about it.

He has given us a fantastic period of history,and no matter who may be the next coach, and some day it WILL happen, I believe will be someone who will carry on the tradition, and may even be handpicked , and referred, by BB.

Certainly that kind of succession is what would be the best way for him to leave. I really do think 5 or 6 championships is what he and Pioli are looking to accomplish here, led by the best QB in the land.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=171200

In the same Herald article I quoted, Seau does his Black Knight impression.

"Merely a flesh wound" I love this guy, we were so lucky to pick him up.

“It was a fluke injury,” he said. “The look of the break made it look worse than it really was. But I’m fine. I’ll be back.”

Last edited:
I expected that someday BB would RETIRE.

I have never expected that someday
his contract would be left to expire
... or that he might move to another club.

In my mind, BB is the key to all the Patriots' recent success.
It is simply unthinkable
that this might be his last year here.

I really dont think that this is anything to be concerned about. His answer is typical BB. Something like that he wouldnt air out like the laundry. I wouldnt worry about it, and if it happens, there isnt anything any of us can do about it.

He has given us a fantastic period of history,and no matter who may be the next coach, and some day it WILL happen, I believe will be someone who will carry on the tradition, and may even be handpicked , and referred, by BB.

this wonderful era has been marked by the ability of the Patriots to plug in pieces here and there. But there have been 3 parts to this dynasty that cannot be replaced. Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, and Tom Brady.
If Pioli left the talent level would drop, but Belichick could still put a solid ,if unspectacular product on the field. maybe 9-7, 10-6.
If Brady left, Belichick could still put a solid, if not spectacular, product on the field. maybe 9-7, 10 -6
If Belichick isnt here, its all over.

a slow, painful decline reminiscent of 1997 through 1999.

unless Kraft knows another genius out there.

Here is one possibility. He is ticked off at Kraft.
Why? maybe because Kraft didn't let him spend the way he wanted
and now he sees his team struggling as a result and there's 6+M
in Krafts pocket as of today.
Suppose the field condition was not Belichick's doing but Kraft's
refusing not to do what was necessary.
Belichick if he was ticked because the owner was cutting corners at
the expense of player saftey and team needs ... he might walk just
to express his displeasure.

On the other hand .... I can't see BB wanting to leave the Patriots.
... even if he had a issue with Kraft.

Actually there is another far less sinister possibility, as elluded to in Tomase's article:

"The Patriots coach and ownership have maintained a policy of silence regarding Belichick’s deal. Neither side has commented publicly since owner Robert Kraft announced in 2003 that two years had been added to the five-year pact Belichick signed when hired in 2000. By that math, Belichick should be in the seventh and final year of the deal."

"It’s worth noting that Belichick’s last contract extension actually was agreed to and put in place a full year before it was announced. Given the elder Kraft’s track record of retaining his top managers since Bill Parcells departed a decade ago, it’s possible that Belichick already has been extended."

Wow...strettttching.

Another possibility is that thermo-nuclear war will break out tomorrow. That doesn't mean it has ANY likelihood of happening...

Last edited:
Wow...stettttching.
You could be talking about the whole thread. Belichick didn't want to talk about it so it must be true. Now there's some logic :rolleyes:

Didn't realize offseason is here already.

What is with you people and labeling Kraft cheap? Give me one example of him being cheap?

Its bad enough when other team's fans come here and spew that garbage but its worse when our own do it.

Again, just one example!

I thought that this whole issue was addressed earlier this year.
There could be other less nefarious reasons for not discussing a contract or extension. He could want it to be a private matter for a whole host of reasons, some of them personal. I don't like discussions of someone's personal life but hypothetically if you were getting a divorce or were separated from a spouse, would you want your future ex to know what you future income is going to be the next few years????
Another reason might be that he doesn't want certain reporters writing how he is overpaid or underpaid in his contract (probably at the same time)or how the Krafts are cheap or overpaying......You know the drill.
I have to believe that the grass is as green as it is ever going to get here in New England for BB.. When all is said and done, he has won more championships in the modern era than any Boston coach other than Red Auerbach and Red's funeral tells you the respect he commanded nearly 40 years after his last coaching victory.
They could offer him the farm somewhere else but unless he takes Pioli with him and finds an owner willing to do what Kraft has done, oh and finds a 6th round QB todo the same, he probably won't have the success he has had and has here.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/18/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html
January 2006
>>>>Patriots chairman and CEO Bob Kraft would not discuss specifics concerning Bill Belichick's contract situation, but for the first time he indicated that a contract extension or a new contract is in place. Kraft said yesterday that any representation of next season as the final year of Belichick's contract would be untrue.
-- Boston Globe

Last edited:
Actually there is another far less sinister possibility, as elluded to in Tomase's article:

"The Patriots coach and ownership have maintained a policy of silence regarding Belichick’s deal. Neither side has commented publicly since owner Robert Kraft announced in 2003 that two years had been added to the five-year pact Belichick signed when hired in 2000. By that math, Belichick should be in the seventh and final year of the deal."

"It’s worth noting that Belichick’s last contract extension actually was agreed to and put in place a full year before it was announced. Given the elder Kraft’s track record of retaining his top managers since Bill Parcells departed a decade ago, it’s possible that Belichick already has been extended."

This is my opinion. Or at least he will be extended at some point if he keeps the team together in the playoffs.

Seems like a kneejerk fanboy thread to me. :rolleyes:

Like ohmygod, what if Belichick quits now? :cool:

I think he comes back for more years but if he did leave, I dont think it makes sense. Your breaking a connection with the best QB in football?

This is my opinion. Or at least he will be extended at some point if he keeps the team together in the playoffs.

Seems like a kneejerk fanboy thread to me. :rolleyes:

Like ohmygod, what if Belichick quits now? :cool:

Seems to me at this point you should just put me on ignore, that way you wont have to read or respond to any kneejerk fanboy threads. :rolleyes:

what way do you think BB wanted to spend?

Ok, I guess its time to let the cat out of the bag. Too many of you are speculating on this, and that, and then back to this again.

So, I guess its time for the release of the most important news item to come down the pike in years.

NEM has bought the team from Bob Kraft, named himself head coach AND offensive coordinator, and is moving the team to Beijing. The team will be re named the Beijing NEMs and will give out egg rolls to the first 50,000 fans entering the games.

The Chinese have agreed to build a new stadium and wil be naming it the NEMDome.

Obviously, BB could not give out this information at the press conference because he would have to forfeit his annual gift of Beef NEM Mein along with the NEM Foo Yung, that was to be in a weekly retirement gift from the Beijing NEMs.

Anyway, I figured it was time to let the NEMCat out of the NEMBag.

smiley-chinese.gif

http://chinese.patriots.com/gb/indexnew.html

I hope you're keeping McDaniels as Offensive Coord.

Ok, I guess its time to let the cat out of the bag. Too many of you are speculating on this, and that, and then back to this again.

So, I guess its time for the release of the most important news item to come down the pike in years.

NEM has bought the team from Bob Kraft, named himself head coach AND offensive coordinator, and is moving the team to Beijing. The team will be re named the Beijing NEMs and will give out egg rolls to the first 50,000 fans entering the games.

The Chinese have agreed to build a new stadium and wil be naming it the NEMDome.

Obviously, BB could not give out this information at the press conference because he would have to forfeit his annual gift of Beef NEM Mein along with the NEM Foo Yung, that was to be in a weekly retirement gift from the Beijing NEMs.

Anyway, I figured it was time to let the NEMCat out of the NEMBag.

smiley-chinese.gif

http://chinese.patriots.com/gb/indexnew.html

Awesome - may I have a seat on the NEMbench or at least an all access pass on the NEMline?

Actually another mind play by Belichick to keep the media busy.

If he says he has extended the contract...blah blah blah ... the story is over in a week.

If he says nothing...he gives the media some fuel to keep them busy for a while so the team can go about the real business on the field.

File this under the quote "the coaching sucked" ... where he takes the bullet to stay focused on the task at hand.

Someday, he will leave...it's been the best ride ever up to that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back