PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeney quote from the Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand what he said that was stupid.

You want him to say, "they'd beat us 10 out of 10"? He's a football player. He thinks they can beat the Pats if they play a little better. Good for him.

I don't really understand what he said that was stupid.

You want him to say, "they'd beat us 10 out of 10"? He's a football player. He thinks they can beat the Pats if they play a little better. Good for him.

This quote:

"I think we definitely showed the country that they’re beatable."

Why would you NEED to say this. I'm not saying he should say....Yeah they beat our ass.

SAY LESS. That statement is sore loser sour grapes to me.

Manning STILL had Wayne, Clark, Addai and Keith out of the backfield. Utecht is not horrible. Moorehead is a seviceable receiver. They did little.

Definitely agree with this.

Maybe Peyton should try it with Caldwell, Gaffney, and watson as his top 3. I definitely take Wayne and Clark over the Pats 2006 guys.

I've been thinking about this, and maybe we should look at the close margin of victory (ref aided) as a good thing. We all know the Patriots got shafted, which likely caused a closer score than what should have been. This makes the Colts think "We almost had them", without their realizing they'll likely need the refs help again if they plan on another tight game with NE, especially in Foxboro.
I was thinking the same. A blowout would have been nice but to win and let them think they have a chance at Gillette is possibly the best outcome :D

freeney sounds like every other Crayton, Vanderjagt, Freddie Mitchell, Houzmanzada (sp?), joey porter, Kordell stewart, torry holt we've played before.

They can't handle a loss and don't respect a team when they get beat by them which is why the Pats are a great team and i'm glad we never hear anything like that from a pats player.

Last edited:
“I think we definitely showed the country that they’re beatable.

Really Dwight? I thought it was the other way around :confused:

I'll have to go watch it again :singing:

Yes Freeney you have it! You have finally figured out how to beat the Patriots...

Pay off the Refs!

Brilliant!!

On Offense, their running game died and Manning was confused.

Manning STILL had Wayne, Clark, Addai and Keith out of the backfield. Utecht is not horrible. Moorehead is a seviceable receiver. They did little.

Brady was throwing to MUCH MUCH less last year.

It really pisses me off that ESPN and others are making it out to be that Manning was working by himself out there. If not having five Pro Bowlers makes Peyton Manning look very, very pedestrian (and even God awful at times) I think we need to end this whole discussion of "greatest ever" talk here and now.

honestly he didnt say anything bad. but not all teams have the speed and personnel the colts have to execute the same plan. i think adding 5 or 10 mins is hypothetical . Lots of ifs and buts couldve swung the game either way. The wayne dropped catch for e.g.
Bottomline pats made adjustments and made plays to win. I came away with more respect for the colts defense than before the game.

Why has every commentator made such a big deal of Wayne's drop (in relatively close coverage)? Can't we say the same about Caldwell's drop(s) in the AFCCG? The same goes for their missing players...when have we EVER faced them with a full deck? The more I waste time reading this stuff, the more I hate the media.

“I think we definitely showed the country that they’re beatable. Compared to what they were winning games by, 52-7 and all that (expletive). At least we showed there is a formula to beat them. Now we’ve got to figure out how to finish them off.”
Ah yes, he's speaking of the all-too-elusive moral victory, isn't he? Maybe he wants to be traded to Buffalo to get another shot at us.

Why has every commentator made such a big deal of Wayne's drop (in relatively close coverage)? Can't we say the same about Caldwell's drop(s) in the AFCCG?
Yup. And they did.

“I think we definitely showed the country that they’re beatable. Compared to what they were winning games by, 52-7 and all that (expletive). At least we showed there is a formula to beat them. Now we’ve got to figure out how to finish them off.”

I got news Dwight.....we showed the world how to beat YOUR D. I.E.....tire your small undersized defensive asses out because you have NO DEPTH in the front seven.

OK everyone...repeat after me. Yes, that includes you Wade Phillips:

"You can not rush the same ends/linebackers full speed into 300 pound lineman for an entire game and expect them to be effective in the 4th quarter. They start being less effective at about 40 snaps and collapse at 50 snaps."

So Freeney is right, they did provide the blueprint for success...be ahead by enough points to survive the onslaught in the 4th quarter. Thanks to the Colts, we know that number is greater than 14. Good luck with that.

WTF??? is with this moral victory crap. Did miss something. When is the ring ceremony for the "Gee, at least we didn't get our asses kicked as bad as everyone else" award? I gotta get tickets for that one :rolleyes:

Did this league go totally p*ssy on us or what? When you are the defending WORLD CHAMPIONS, and someone else comes into YOUR HOUSE, plays pretty crappy, but absolutly DOMINATES you for 15 minutes when it counts to hand you your fist loss of the season. THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE post game comment is.

I'm totally ****ing humiliated that we lost that game the way we must do everything not to let that crap happen again. And, OH YEAH, I apologize for our 4th quarter performance to our fans

Either that or he needs to STFU after a loss like that.

Last edited:

Funny. Not every team has the personnel that Indy does. Freeney and Mathis are good pass rushers. What exactly did they show? That if you have two top pass rushers, you might get two sacks and slow down the offense? That is a credit to their players (and don't get me started on the penalties), which not every team has. Furthermore, one could make the argument that the Colts had the game won and their defense lost it. Why is Freeney so eager to open his mouth in public after he and his group squandered a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter?

Next, how was a formula shown to beat us? They lost the game. Perhaps he only means "slow them down". Am I missing something?

Finally, it is interesting to see how opposing teams feel the need to say these things in public after the game. It is almost like they are trying to send messages to other teams to collaborate a game plan that might actually work against us. Flattering.

“I think we definitely showed the country that they’re beatable. Compared to what they were winning games by, 52-7 and all that (expletive). At least we showed there is a formula to beat them.

Yes. By having the refs on your side the whole game, you DID find the formula...

This quote:

Why would you NEED to say this. I'm not saying he should say....Yeah they beat our ass.

SAY LESS. That statement is sore loser sour grapes to me.

I don't disagree with that. But, that said, I don't think every team needs to be like the Patriots in terms of honoring the script after every game. It's just a football player saying what he really thinks, and, in this case, I don't think it's at all like some of the sour grapes crap we've heard all year.

The context is that lots of experts were saying it would be an easy 10-14 point win for the Patriots. Colts came out and punched us in the mouth, but couldn't hang on. It is what it is. Many of us think that Dungy showed more than Belichick and that gives us a good chance at the Razor if we can go at least 6-1 and get home field for a rematch. But if Indy and its fans want to look at it like "these guys are not invincible," I have no problem with that. It's really just a tribute to how intimidating our team can look.

Meh. I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nothing wrong with that quote. Through the first three quarters the Pats did look mortal. They didn't come right out and score on their opening drive. They actually got shut down on a few drives.

Yes the refs hurt us but the Pats looked like a normal good team - not like USC beating up on Columbia or sometihng crazy like we have seen out there. Remeber this is sports you can't say "Man I don't think we can beat them. We lost to them at home with alot of suspect calls going our way. What chance do we have in Foxboro?"

You got to keep your chin up and make the best out of bad situation.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye