PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Taylor returns to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Faulk go through some similar issues to Maroney back in the day? I'm too new to following the team to have been there and a lot of the historical catch-up I've played hasn't gotten into this.

Yea 2000 season. he has improved no question since the 2000 season when he fumbled once every 35 touches. However, its a misconception. He still fumbles often, but it doesnt seem like alot b/c hes more of a situational back.

2001- once every 24 touches (not good)
2003- once every 56 touches
2005- once every 27 touches (not good)
2006- once every 34 touches (not good)

You didn't notice? That's only because BJGE has ran so fast when he's been in there that nobody has seen him and thus, haven't been able to realize that he's been on the field winning us games.

And yes, this is great news. I wouldn't expect him back this week, or even next week in Carolina. But he'll be in the rotation for the final two weeks of the regular season (my guess) and will probably see extended time in Week 16 to prepare for the playoffs. We're going to need him healthy to help Maroney move the chains. Great news all around.

I'm happy that Taylor will be back, especially since I'm not sure how much Morris will add at this point. I just don't think that RB has been the problem. This team's offensive concerns lie elsewhere, in my opinion, with or without Taylor.

I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is. I thought BJGE was the answer to all the Patriots problems because even though Maroney couldn't run at all, BJGE was awesome and just needed the opportunity to prove that he was ready to win multiple All-Pro recognitions....

Unless Taylor is going to play FB, WR3 and OL while tutoring Brady to help get his bloody head on straight, Fragile Fred is probably not going to make much of a difference.

:rofl:
I bought into the BJGE stuff enough that I picked him up for my fantasy team against the Bucs. 7 touches, 6 yards. Ouch.

I just resigned Taylor to my Fantasy team (on the bench) in case he sees action before the regular season ends.

When they had workhorse backs they ran. Now they do.

Yup. Hopefully we'll see a lot of the TOP advantage go back the Pats way as they controlled it signifigantly before Taylor and Morris went down. Maybe we're getting healthy at the right time.

Yup. Hopefully we'll see a lot of the TOP advantage go back the Pats way as they controlled it signifigantly before Taylor and Morris went down. Maybe we're getting healthy at the right time.

With the exception of the Miami game, Pats have dominated TOP in every game since DEN.

Controlling the clock is not the problem.

If this means fewer carries for Morris and BJGE, awesome.

With the exception of the Miami game, Pats have dominated TOP in every game since DEN.

The problem is that we dominated TOP in the NO game because it rarely took them more than 3-4 plays to score :eek:

47257870-94146a1c2bedcaa25623c3a388a69f93.4b196d04-full.jpg

"I'm gonna hafta carry this frikkin' team, ain't I?"

http://web4.twitpic.com/img/47257870-94146a1c2bedcaa25623c3a388a69f93.4b196d04-full.jpg

Certainly would've been nice to control the clock more in New Orleans. The Patriots basically saw Brady throw an INT stopped trying to run and only wound up with the ball longer than the Saints because the Saints couldn't help but take less than 5 minutes for a scoring drive.

I would be interested to see what the outcome of the game would look like if the Patriots had stuck with a run heavy play selection, but I'm mostly of the thinking that the Patriots were going to get beaten pretty soundly in that game no matter what.

Certainly would've been nice to control the clock more in New Orleans. The Patriots basically saw Brady throw an INT stopped trying to run and only wound up with the ball longer than the Saints because the Saints couldn't help but take less than 5 minutes for a scoring drive.

I would be interested to see what the outcome of the game would look like if the Patriots had stuck with a run heavy play selection, but I'm mostly of the thinking that the Patriots were going to get beaten pretty soundly in that game no matter what.

it was very similar to the AFCCC game vs Indy. Pats started out run-heavy and got caught up in a shootout....We all know what happened :(

I agree. The D had a bad night and the O needed to go in Madden-mode. Could never really stick to dictating tempo...

Last edited:
Maroney's been good, but he better hang onto his balls if he wants to stay the starter in the home stretch.

hahaha. that was funny. that said , did anyone see pats trying a screen pass to maroney in the saints game ? i have been wanting more of that .Maroney in open spaceis very effective.
Speaking of screens ,anyone saw the double fake screen by brees to the TE over the middle. We used to call those plays so many times inthe days gone by. hope they try those again.

hahaha. that was funny. that said , did anyone see pats trying a screen pass to maroney in the saints game ? i have been wanting more of that .Maroney in open spaceis very effective.
Speaking of screens ,anyone saw the double fake screen by brees to the TE over the middle. We used to call those plays so many times inthe days gone by. hope they try those again.

That was a beautiful play.

VERY VERY significant with January in mind.

Good lord there is some serious homerism here.

It is great to have Morris and Taylor back for the playoffs. However, I would point out that Maroney started the season as our starter (a decision we couldn't understand) and has played increasingly well as the season progressed. I expect Maroney to have the most touches in the last part of the season and in the playoffs.

It is great to have Morris and Taylor back for the playoffs. However, I would point out that Maroney started the season as our starter (a decision we couldn't understand) and has played increasingly well as the season progressed. I expect Maroney to have the most touches in the last part of the season and in the playoffs.

:confused: In the first 5 games, LoMos carries have been 10,6,4,7 and 5. Thats hardly playing well and often....

They passed a ton the first 2 games, then Taylor was getting the carries before he went down. Then Morris. LoMo has played well but he was 3rd on the depth chart before the injury bug hit the backfield.

Last edited:

I'm very happy with Maroney as the starter going forward as long as he demonstrates better ball safety and proves the last weeks as an abberation. It's terrific to have a healthy running corps with depth so that minor RB injuries can rehab without undue stress to the player and with no significant loss in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back