Welcome to PatsFans.com

**Fred Taylor and the Rope-A-Dope**

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by yopats, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yopats

yopats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For some strange reason I think Fred Taylor and the NE Running game is going to have a ton of focus this week.. I know they have him as questionable again but one makes me think that BB has this all planned out perfectly..

Your thoughts?
  2. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -3

#32 Jersey

That Fred Taylor will be downgraded to out tonight but, he's hopeful to play next week at detroit. Hope I'm wrong though. He used to school the colts.
  3. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why would Fred Taylor be in focus this week? And what does he have to do with the running game??
  4. strngplyr

strngplyr Rookie

Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0

I saw this thread and I was about to ask the same question about what does he have to do with the running game. He's been here for 26 games, 27 on sunday. He WAS a great runner, how many games has he actually played in since he's been in New England?
  5. N.Eman

N.Eman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Im hoping Fred Taylor has a relevant impact on our running game this week along with lawfire and woodhead. The way I see it , the colts D will expect a lot of passes to WR and TE, but I'm really rooting for a strong running game and catch them off balance. Hope the "fred taylor is made out of glass" routine don't get involved in this one!
  6. strngplyr

strngplyr Rookie

Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0

We all hope he can contribute, just like we did with Maroney. But, unfortunately, Fragile Freddy is living well up to his nickname. I'm unsure of his salary, but I don't think it's worth >300 yards a season. I'd rather swap his salary with Lawfirm or Woody.
  7. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -2

#24 Jersey

This is not the Steelers DL. Colts DL is giving up 5 ypc against the run but excel rushing the passer from the ends. Dropping back all the time plays to their strengths. I would not be surprised if we do a lot running right the them. Grind the D and the clock. Still, Taylor is not in game shape even if he does play, so I expect to see a lot of BJ and Woody.
  8. Aßßynormal

Aßßynormal PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I prefer to use him against the Jets. Maybe some tuneup runs, OTOH, he's rather experienced and should be good (with practice time) out of the gate. Let's be patient two more weeks. Law Firm should be able to run on Indy if that's our design.
  9. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0

Reading through some of the various columnist's 'keys to the game' articles, many are pointing out that while the focus is on Brady versus Manning, the outcome of the game could very well come down to the Pats' running game versus the Colts' run defense - regardless of who it is on the Pats that is running the ball.

Apparently not much love for Taylor here. I wonder if that's due in part because the term "turf toe" sounds like a minor bruise and not nearly as severe an injury as it really is.

Fred Taylor hopeful he is cleared to play Sunday - Extra Points - Boston.com

Patriots' Taylor: I've got that itch | CSNNE

It Is What It Is - Fred Taylor has game plan for Colts: ‘Grind it to them’
  10. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think you will be disappointed at least as far as Fred Taylor is concerned.
  11. Rich<3TheWoodhead

Rich<3TheWoodhead Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Instead of guessing what shape fred taylor is in and trying to guess how he might perform after not playing for a few weeks we should focus on BJGE and Woody. They performed well against the steelers. The colts are a diff team diff week but our efforts should be towards time of possession and grinding out the colts.
  12. ScrewDrvr

ScrewDrvr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he will be active this game and limited to 4-5 carries, and a few plays to block. Woodhead and Green-Ellis will get the bulk and the team as a whole puts up 190yards rushing :)
    Next week he should be back to full participation/starter.

I beleive Fred still has some in the tank. Odds are great this is his last season, so he can give it everything with no regrets.
  13. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 7 / -1

#12 Jersey

Unfortunately have to agree with u here..a lot of people think Taylor is going to come back and our running game is going to be incredible....huge amount of yards on the ground ....alot more ypc than BJGE...going to be a major weapon....I just don't see him being that guy again...injuries and age have slowed him down considerably.....BJGE and woody are our best bets this year...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.